The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

Easy there Elvis... Simple typo first of all.

Second of all my jump to "First page" on my mobile logs me out so I didn't feel like going through 50+ pages for a simple question.

Cheers bud.

A little shot there for sure, but there's more than one way to skin that cat and find out.

Would love to see Cassels get a chance to shutdown McDavid.

For that to happen I think Cassels needs to get under McDavid's skin and throw him off his game. Basically be a pest.

He will, every time I watch him he reminds me of a center version of Burrows.

He will, every time I watch him he reminds me of a center version of Burrows.

would dave bolland be a fair comparable for cassels? does cassels excel in the face off circle and possess good shutdown capabilities?

Friesen has looked far better this year but does he really have a place? He's 24 now.

On the Canucks? No. On the Comets, yes.

He is going to be entering career minor leaguer, veteran status pretty soon. At least he is our property, as we are going to need a few of those guys. And who knows, he might take another step up in development and be a player for us in a year or two.

If Cassels is matched up against McDavid, would be awesome if he's able to "limit" McDavid's offensive, expecting him to shut McDavid down is, well, not realistic. He's had his way with every team he's played against, up, down, sideways and left them sore and weak in the knees...

:bigblush:

Cassels and the Generals are Eastern Conference champs and will play McDavid and the Otters in the OHL finals.

That's pretty exciting. SOO played well despite losing to Erie so it will be interesting to see how cole fairs against McDavid and friends.

Generals take a 1-0 series lead over Conner McDavid and the Otters with a 4-1 victory in the OHL finals.

31-19 shot advantage for the Generals

Cassels with 2a

CASSELS 1 ---- McDavid 0.

Here is a quote from the Oshawa coach before the game:

Nobody has been able to shut down the McDavid kid,” Oshawa coach D.J. Smith said. “He’s running through our league like nobody has done before.

“It’s going to be Cole’s job. We’re going to get him out there as often as we can against McDavid. It’ll be up to the two (defensemen) on the ice, too, obviously, but that’s Cole’s matchup in this series.”

Tough job for Cole. Tonight he was +2 and McDavid was -2. McDavid got an assist on the PP but Cassels had two assists at even strength and was the game's first star.

McCann was not able to contain McDavid, but Cassels is off to a great start. He is looking very good for a 3rd round pick.

Archived