The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Ryan Miller and Steve Ott to St.Louis

I like how the Blues have operated things as of late. Drafted correctly. Signed the correct players. Handled the cap correctly. Made the correct trades at the correct time.

That much correctness in a short period of time may lead to a cup.

This is an awesome trade for Buffalo. Huge return, lots of potential there.

But this is also a big trade for St Louis, because they are absolutely elite at every single area of the game. Halak and Elliott are definitely good goalies and can put up great numbers behind a stacked defence…but Miller is unbelievable when he's on his game, and you got to think he's motivated now. That + having an actually awesome team in front of him now = powerhouse

well if that's what buffalo got for Ott and Miller, I look forward to what we can get for Kesler or Edler

I'd definitely agree, the return should be quite substantial in the amount and quality of young talent coming back for a 2A/ 1C and Top-4 D. MG better not botch these moves if they do happen though.

Hopefully he can get Nash value for Ryan if he does go.

Kesler+ minor components for two of Jenner/ Anisimov/ Dubinsky, + Wennberg + 1st would be something I'd ask for if Jarmo Kekalainen really wanted him.

This is great for us! I think this will raise Kelser and Edlers trade value because St. Louis is obviously demonstrating that they want to load up and really make a run for the cup. Other teams on that level are going to want to do the same so they will pay large for someome like Kesler if they need to add a significant piece also.

The Blues now are the closest you can be to the Team Canada defense. Miller behind the d is unreal.

They will win the cup on defense. Let's get real Halak played well last night against us but that goal was not tough. Miller won't give those up.

I like how the Blues have operated things as of late. Drafted correctly. Signed the correct players. Handled the cap correctly. Made the correct trades at the correct time.

That much correctness in a short period of time may lead to a cup.

Which is why shedding Kesler and Edler at the deadline, Lou in the off season and being terrible for 2015 and 2016 can see us competing as soon as 2016/2017.

I'd definitely agree, the return should be quite substantial in the amount and quality of young talent coming back for a 2A/ 1C and Top-4 D. MG better not botch these moves if they do happen though.

Hopefully he can get Nash value for Ryan if he does go.

Kesler+ minor components for two of Jenner/ Anisimov/ Dubinsky, + Wennberg + 1st would be something I'd ask for if Jarmo Kekalainen really wanted him.

I'd want Johansen and Dubinsky, plus the 1st. Need a C who can put up points. Dubinsky can hang around for a year until BoHo is ready to slot into the 3C.

The Sabres are also making the correct trades. Chances are they'll be winning the cup in a few years too.

Sure, because all those young players and draft picks will turn them into a cup contender in short order, right?

Archived