The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Gillis Fired

Strombone1

Fan Poll  

324 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Trading Hodgson for Kassian was Mike Gillis' BIGGEST FAILED MISTAKE

Hodgson had a bright future with this team

He could easily stepped up as a 2nd or 3rd line Center if Kes or Hank got injured

Apparently Gillis had other things in mind

You should drop your resume off at the Province.

Between Botchford for President, and this Gallagher regurgitation, you'd fit right in.

Ownership needs to get out of the way from here on out though.

Gillis made mistakes, and ownership jumped in right away and only made the situation worse rather than allowing Gillis to dust himself off and get back to what made him successful initially.

Whats done is done, MG is gone, the rebuild is likely to begin. I just hope Ownership stays out of the way from here on out, cause when ownership is heavily involved, thats when franchises can drop to the bottom of the league for long amounts of time.

OK, so do we just blame the ownership for all of gillis mistakes? If that's the case, how do we know that the ownership didn't help gillis make his good trades or signings. How do we know it wasn't the ownerships idea to sign tanev or santorelli. Its always easy to blame someone else.

you have no clue that ownership is making decisions other than your conspiracy theory and idiotic media

let it go man

keep ignoring the source of the problems

oh and guess what, when you have 300 ml to buy an nhl franchise, and its sinking 3 years running, deeper and deeper, you might actually think about firing the guy running it too

thats why he has billions, cause he gets it you dont

And you don't know that they haven't been.

There is speculation both ways, neither are necessarily wrong cause it can't be proven, its speculation.

I'm not blaming ownership for Gillis's mistakes, I'm saying that I think ownership got involved & made their own mistakes.

The more I think about it, the more I am agreeing with Mark Spector.

And you want to talk about the owners business sinking, in Gillis's tenure this business experienced incredible growth. Then when the Owners got in involved and made a hockey decision (Torts) it became a huge failure on & off the ice. And now we are where we are.

And thats what I mean, Gillis made his own mistakes & he's gone, thats fine. But ownership also got involved & made a mistake, so lets hope they aren't involved with the new GM.

OK, so do we just blame the ownership for all of gillis mistakes? If that's the case, how do we know that the ownership didn't help gillis make his good trades or signings. How do we know it wasn't the ownerships idea to sign tanev or santorelli. Its always easy to blame someone else.

Gillis made mistakes. I'm not blaming them for Gillis's issues. Its not ownership who made some of the decisions on some of the trades.

But recently more so they have been getting involved in the decisions, and when owners try to be hockey guys is when its dangerous.

I just hope this doesn't happen moving forward. And that the new general manager will be given full reign to do what he wants.

sorry :(, they were the best. I changed my mind. And mike gillis should stay too, since he was so instrumental in the best few years of canucks history.

Late 90s was bad. Iron Mike was bad. Past couple of years are nothing compared to the 'good old days' when I was a kid.

The war could use more Pro-Gillis peeps. Watching Pro and Anti Gillis peeps argue among each other gives me some entertainment until next season.

Sorry Mike, you tried, but we needed a GM with experience, not an ex-agent.

Should never have tried to circumvent the cap, should have given Luongo a $6 million per, 5 year deal.

Ballard trade was bad too.

Might have been better off to trade Hodgson at the end of the season, instead of at the deadline.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Here's hoping we get someone good as a replacement.

I will seriously lose it if Feaster or Burke get hired. That would condemn the team to the basement for years.

Sorry Mike, you tried, but we needed a GM with experience, not an ex-agent.

Should never have tried to circumvent the cap, should have given Luongo a $6 million per, 5 year deal.

Ballard trade was bad too.

Might have been better off to trade Hodgson at the end of the season, instead of at the deadline.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Here's hoping we get someone good as a replacement.

I will seriously lose it if Feaster or Burke get hired. That would condemn the team to the basement for years.

burke already has a job.

I'm for bringing back Pat Quinn - we could start ripping of St. Louis all again.

It's too bad about Gillis, but it was his turn to take the hit. Not enough progress since 2011 to address the needs, and an unlikely run of injuries this season. The telling sign for me was when our best trade this season - the offloading of Luongo - was initiated by Luongo's agent, and not Gillis. Luongo's agent looked into what was fetchable from Florida, and basically put the deal together. Maybe he'll be Gillis' replacement.

Archived