The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder

William_Clarkson

Should he be resigned and if so, how should he be used?

He so small they can't sign him because he can't see over the table enough to sign the papers. This is just too small small small.! So where is the debate, he's not tough enough. No more debate on this Gillis pick. It was bad, what was he thinking?

There seems to be a lot of poster swayed by sentimentallity rather than bottom line analysis. I have to believe Vcr think there is value to the guy either here, in the AHL or as a trade . So I guess he's a RFA who needs to be offered a minimum 10% increase over last year. I' sign him and see what he bring but prepare to send him down on waivers

There's very little reason not to re-sign our RFAs, unless we're really strapped for contract space. If we can trade them if we think they aren't going to work out, good enough, but to let them walk to free agency when they'd take a deal we'd offer is a waste. Even if they don't work at camp and we send them to the AHL and lose them on waivers, it's at least a chance that we can make use of them.

Qualify him and play him as a top 2C with players like Shinkaruk and Fox. Look at Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, etc. They're all around their mid 20s and played in the A together. Same as the contributors on Tampa Bay.

If Kesler is here, he's locked as 2C. If he isn't, I don't think the team is going to go with Schroeder as the 2C. Perhaps someone like Paul Stastny via FA or whoever we get in return for Kesler (NOT Ryan Johansen ;)).

Playing together with other prospects destined for the big team in the A is ideal.

I'd sign him, and deploy him for the role he was drafted for. Since Kesler is the mainstay 2C, Schroeder should play wing so he can still play the offensive game we drafted him for and improve his versatility. His passing would set up Kesler a lot as long as he's given the chance to learn Kesler's game.

We could have Kassian on that line for boardplay, dirty areas, and his underrated passing.

56 NHL games and so many are ready to give up on him.

Yes he is short, but he is not small. He's a very strong and sturdy guy who has nice speed and good passing skills.

If he isn't signed, he will walk and that will be a waste of a #1 pick. He also will have to go on waivers to be sent to the AHL.

I hope he is given a real chance to prove himself in the coming season and we get to see what he really can offer.

I don't know if he is a good fit for Van or even the WC, but I think he will excel in the east. If he has to be traded, use the Cody Hodgson plan and shower him with protected minutes. The kid will find a home in the east and some Van fans will be a cryin'.

56 NHL games and so many are ready to give up on him.

Yes he is short, but he is not small. He's a very strong and sturdy guy who has nice speed and good passing skills.

If he isn't signed, he will walk and that will be a waste of a #1 pick. He also will have to go on waivers to be sent to the AHL.

I hope he is given a real chance to prove himself in the coming season and we get to see what he really can offer.

I don't know if he is a good fit for Van or even the WC, but I think he will excel in the east. If he has to be traded, use the Cody Hodgson plan and shower him with protected minutes. The kid will find a home in the east and some Van fans will be a cryin'.

Completely this,....He has at least be built into an asset if he is to be traded...I have a feeling that he will be a better fit with the kind of hockey that TL and JB are advocating (uptempo,puck possesion)...Schroeder was a bad fit for Torts hockey (along with our other creative offensive talent) and was marginalized with half of the roster....I'm expecting him to play like a man possessed come training camp in September.

I think next year he should be given the second line center spot.

Put him Kess and Kassian together in a room and say "You're together all year so figure it out"

Treat him like a top 6 player, give him time to grow into the role and watch him become one.

Second line center? Thats rich...

Completely this,....He has at least be built into an asset if he is to be traded...I have a feeling that he will be a better fit with the kind of hockey that TL and JB are advocating (uptempo,puck possesion)...Schroeder was a bad fit for Torts hockey (along with our other creative offensive talent) and was marginalized with half of the roster....I'm expecting him to play like a man possessed come training camp in September.

Schroeder tried to play a more physical game just like most Canucks last fall but he got injured. He

obviously has the desire. Schroeder has had to break into a upper level NHL team which is never easy.

Many compare him to other smaller players like Gallagher and the 'Rat' in Boston and wonder why he can

not duplicate their play. One reason I suggest is Schroeder's collegiate development vs CHL. I think

Schroeder has another shot with Van because of the management turnover.

Schroeder tried to play a more physical game just like most Canucks last fall but he got injured. Heobviously has the desire. Schroeder has had to break into a upper level NHL team which is never easy.Many compare him to other smaller players like Gallagher and the 'Rat' in Boston and wonder why he cannot duplicate their play. One reason I suggest is Schroeder's collegiate development vs CHL. I thinkSchroeder has another shot with Van because of the management turnover.

"Upper level NHL team"???

We were starving for someone to step up last season and aside from Santorelli and Jensen for a short burst no one did.

Schroeder plays a passive game.....He needs to have his RPM's on high and be switched to wing because he is a matchup dream for the opposition and is not good enough offensively yet to drive a top 6 line. When Raymond left it seemed that Schroeder would be an excellent line mate for Kesler ala Bergeron and Marchand but for whatever reason he has no intensity/pace. Drifting through games is not gonna secure him as a NHL regular.

This is the last camp as a Canuck for JS unless he steps up huge......Horvat, Shinkaruk, Cassels, Gaunce, Jensen and this years pick are breathing down his neck. Worth a contract? Yes. A roster spot? We'll see.....I'm not holding my breath.

Qualify him, or trade him at the draft to a team in the east, but get something for him. And let this be a lesson, when a bunch of other NHL GM's pass on a player, that might be a red flag not to draft him.

We learned that with Schroeder.

Pittsburgh learned that with Angelo Esposito.

Good players drop too, david perron comes to mind... patrick white :picard:

Archived