The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[rumor] benning wants reinhart

Dont like Horvats name being thrown in there with the 6th overall. If that were the case, thered have to be some other pieces coming back imo.

If it were Garrison + Horvat, I could live with that and take Reinhart + Ehlers... :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Well duh. It's the Reinhart> Horvat + Dal Colle/Ehlers/Viraten/Ritchie that we're debating.

Benning has a great scouting bzckground. If he does this then its because he knows that reinhart will be ouur franchise player. Those types of players cost way more then this so I take it anyday of the week. I trust benning with young talent he knows what he is doing.

I've put this quote in 2 other threads. According to Sportsnet, here's the going price for the 1st or second pick:

This is a quote from a third party scout that they've cited:

One scout aware of multiple offers for the top two picks said, “The going price to move up into those [first two] spots would be picks — a high first and a second or third — and an established player that helps your top two lines.”

The "established player" would also have to be pretty young (early 20's) since they would want him to help the future top 2 lines.

Both teams are asking WAY too much for the picks. The Canucks would be better served by going for the Edmonton pick or Calgary's.

That's not a crazy high asking price if you ask me. High, yes, but that was expected.

6th overall (high first)

3rd round (since it's 6th overall and not like 9 or 10, but hey, maybe they still want a second.)

Established player. I hear they like Garrison so there you go. But i'f they are looking for a young forward, then that could lead to some problems. I don't think Jordan Schroeder counts does he? hahaha.

But point is

6th overall, 2nd/3rd round, Jason Garrison for first overall? I think I could get behind that. If Linden and Benning think it's a good move, I will go ahead and trust them.

edit: actually, Schroeder probably has equal value to a 2nd/3rd rounder or at least close. So 6th, Schroeder, and Garrison, could actually be a deal that gets done. I could see it happening.

I'd rather give up Hansen or Booth than Higgins and there are quite a few prospects I would give instead of Gaunce.

Gaunce is going to be much better than people are giving him credit for, even on CDC, the land of overrated prospects. Higgy is pretty much our only quality second liner not named Kesler. I'd rather give up a tweener.

I really like Higgins and thought he was our most consistently good forward last season. I also like Gaunce and think he's a player you can win with.

But I also think you have to give to get, as they say. Florida wants a player who can play in their top 6. Short of moving Burr, which I can't see being a viable option, then the only other one we could spare with that possible description would be Booth. It would be hard to imagine he has too much value even to Florida. It would be hard to argue that Hansen is a top 6 forward.

I could fave made a lesser proposed package but it always ends with the madding crowd flipping out unless it is an overpayment. Basically I didn't want to be accused of Raymond, Ballard and a 1st-ing it.

This.The "higgins is a third liner" comment comes from people who don't understand what a true second liner is. Also, Gaunce was one of the best 5 on 5 goal scorers in the OHL in his time there. 5 on 5 goal scoring translates from the OHL to the NHL MUCH better than say a kid who is PP wizard at the OHL level. Gaunce is gonna be a player, that much I'm sure of.

That wasn't my thinking. Higgins can be replaced though, as reliable as he is. If Burr isn't moved, and Kassian is finally given minutes, then Higgins is the easiest accept losing on wing. If he isn't moved or put on the 3rd line then it is a foregone conclusion that Jensen goes back down until we have injuries. Otherwise if he stays he'll be toiling in a checking role.

Gaunce, as I said, I like. But he's not a prospect that would make you give up the chance to grab Reinhart.

Translation.

I'd trade some crappy prospects for a top tier prospect but I draw the line at trading a decent prospect just because I got emotionally attached to him because mahhh team drafted him.

Gaunce is definitely 2nd line potential his game was tremendous this year, albeit an overager.

The 6th is Ehlers that's the worth in this trade some people have him as top 3, he played his first year in the Q at 100 points.

Gaunce gets the trade done. and it is worth it.

Gaunce, Stanton and the 6th gives Buffalo tons of pieces to rebuild even more around

Leino Hodgson Ehlers

Stewart Grigerenko Stafford

Ennis Conacher Foligno

Ellis Gaunce

That's not a crazy high asking price if you ask me. High, yes, but that was expected.

6th overall (high first)

3rd round (since it's 6th overall and not like 9 or 10, but hey, maybe they still want a second.)

Established player. I hear they like Garrison so there you go. But i'f they are looking for a young forward, then that could lead to some problems. I don't think Jordan Schroeder counts does he? hahaha.

But point is

6th overall, 2nd/3rd round, Jason Garrison for first overall? I think I could get behind that.

lol, Garrison says no, there's a reason he didn't sign with the Panthers.

6th overall (high first)

But point is

6th overall, 2nd/3rd round, Jason Garrison for first overall? I think I could get behind that.

That would possibly work for Florida but Garrison is 29 and the Sabres won't be competitive for 2-3 more years. He'd be 32 by the time the Sabres' 2012-2013 draft picks are ready to make a steady contribution.

Gaunce is definitely 2nd line potential his game was tremendous this year, albeit an overager.

The 6th is Ehlers that's the worth in this trade some people have him as top 3, he played his first year in the Q at 100 points.

Gaunce gets the trade done. and it is worth it.

Gaunce, Stanton and the 6th gives Buffalo tons of pieces to rebuild even more around

Leino Hodgson Ehlers

Stewart Grigerenko Stafford

Ennis Conacher Foligno

Ellis Gaunce

gaunce wasnt an overager.

this was my initial thought as well, but then i considered how i've been feeling recently that horvat's ceiling may not be all that different than gaunce's anyway.

so i dont know.

Even if their best case scenarios were in fact similar, their worst case scenarios (excluding injury, etc) aren't likely to be. If Guance were to find a middling career as a bottom 6 player, or even a fringe NHL/AHLer, people wouldn't be nearly as surprised with that as they would if Horvat failed to be a top 6 player.

Florida Centers: Barkov, Bjugstad, Pirri, Shore, Trochek, Grimaldi, Rau

Buffalo Centers: Hodgson, Girgensons, Grigorenko, Compher, Larsson and half a dozen others that might be good players.

Both Bjugstad and Girgensons are also comparible to Horvat, I love when stupid people try to create rumors.

I smell edmonton behind this one, i'm sure they'd love Horvat.

I've put this quote in 2 other threads. According to Sportsnet, here's the going price for the 1st or second pick:

This is a quote from a third party scout that they've cited:

One scout aware of multiple offers for the top two picks said, “The going price to move up into those [first two] spots would be picks — a high first and a second or third — and an established player that helps your top two lines.”.

If that's all it's going to take to get that first pick, then I'd be content to part ways with Kassian, the 6th, and our 36th for it.

Then, trade Kesler to Anaheim for the 10th (Perlini, Kapanen, Fleury, or Ritchie) and Etem.

If that's all it's going to take to get that first pick, then I'd be content to part ways with Kassian, the 6th, and our 36th for it.

Thank god you aren't GM. Who in their right mind would trade Kassian?

Archived