The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

I agree.

Not to mention the fact that he's not going to be an arrogant SOB in his hometown as mom and dad won't stand for that crap.

In other words, Jake won't be like another local boy, ie. his trade out of Winnipeg helped get the Jets into the playoffs. Thankfully, his trade was to Buffalo and not here.

Evander Kane was at Republic last sunday. I almost forgot that he had shoulder surgery when i saw him. What bugged me was the way he and his hot girlfriend had the whole upper section of the vip for themselves. Like everyone else had to party below him or something. Seemed kinda smug but looking at his girl made it seem worth it..

The amount of fan boying and assuming is TO GOD DAMN HIGH

haha... what?

im 35 with 3 kids and my own business. I dont "fan boy"... lmao.

I didnt assume anything. Im a good judge in character and have learned to trust my instinct in that area which has served me very well.

If theyre in tonight itll either be around 4-5 or 11-12... likely later... but theres going to be a large tigers fan push, so I sorta doubt theyll be in, though thats what the coaches hinted at. My jersey will be coming in regardless. :)

• Upvote 2

based on Bieksa's and Vrbata's facial expressions, clearly they're pissed to be playing for the canucks and want out. also tanev is bored and doesn't want to play hockey anymore.

Based on Dorsett's facial expressions he's secretly a Reptillian disguised as a human who was sent to Earth to prepare for the invasion by destroying the rest of the NHL.

• Upvote 1

We already have our next Linden, his name's Bo. I see Jake as a Jeff Carter type both on the ice and off. Bully-type attitude, cocky speedy goal scorer with size and grit to back it up. We haven't had a player quite like that for as long as I've been watching (20 years). Now if Kass can turn into our next Bertuzzi, Baer into Naslund, and maybe Demko into Schneider, we should be set. Great variety of player types in our system, it's easy to get ahead of ourselves and start writing out future lineups for these guys.

Demko will be better then Schneider I'm almost certain. You can see it in his face. Plus demko will likely get NHL playing time much sooner. Maybe I'm biasd but I don't see Schneider winning a cup until he's closer to retirement. (If he's lucky). Sucks he didn't get much of a chance at the nhl until he was in his late 20s. I think we could see demko in the nhl in some capacity by the time he's 23 possibly sooner.

That's just me maybe I'm biased but from my xp I'm pretty good at reading things like this. (Sounds cocky but I don't make statements like this often). I can see demko being a top 5 nhl goalie. On our team he will be considered a cup fav for years. Unfortunately Schneider is on NJ.

Edited by Rush17

We already have our next Linden, his name's Bo. I see Jake as a Jeff Carter type both on the ice and off. Bully-type attitude, cocky speedy goal scorer with size and grit to back it up. We haven't had a player quite like that for as long as I've been watching (20 years). Now if Kass can turn into our next Bertuzzi, Baer into Naslund, and maybe Demko into Schneider, we should be set. Great variety of player types in our system, it's easy to get ahead of ourselves and start writing out future lineups for these guys.

You know Jeff Carter is a huge partier right?

Demko will be better then Schneider I'm almost certain. You can see it in his face. Plus demko will likely get NHL playing time much sooner. Maybe I'm biasd but I don't see Schneider winning a cup until he's closer to retirement. (If he's lucky). Sucks he didn't get much of a chance at the nhl until he was in his late 20s. I think we could see demko in the nhl in some capacity by the time he's 23 possibly sooner.

That's just me maybe I'm biased but from my xp I'm pretty good at reading things like this. (Sounds cocky but I don't make statements like this often). I can see demko being a top 5 nhl goalie. On our team he will be considered a cup fav for years. Unfortunately Schneider is on NJ.

I guess that settles it, let's all pack up and go home... <_<

But there's nothing yet at this point we can count as evidence that Demko will be better in the NHL than Schneider. Demko has a great base so far and looks like he'll be an excellent goalie, but Markstrom was the best goalie outside the NHL at one point and he's still working to make it even as a backup.

But, this is the Virtanen thread. Maybe he's a little cocky, but many other good players have been as well. Shinkaruk has that trait right now, along with just plain being super happy whenever a goal is scored. Kesler was cocky and moody at the same time. Linden had quiet confidence. It's not a big deal unless he turns it into a negative like we've seen with other players and I don't see that in his social media presence or stories of people seeing/meeting him.

You know Jeff Carter is a huge partier right?

That was why he was shipped out of Philly but I haven't heard anything about that since those days. He was relatively young but seems to have outgrown that. On the ice Carter competes as hard as anybody and earned himself a spot on what some argue was the greatest team ever assembled at last year's Olympics.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Unnamed-Flyers-blame-Dry-Island-partying-for-?urn=nhl-wp9667