The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

dpn1   Because Green lacks seeing the big picture and is afraid to give others a shot.  Instead, sticking with the star line regardless of their performance.  Sometime you have to change horses in midstream if the horse you are riding is starting to drown.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Tyndall2 said:

dpn1   Because Green lacks seeing the big picture and is afraid to give others a shot.  Instead, sticking with the star line regardless of their performance.  Sometime you have to change horses in midstream if the horse you are riding is starting to drown.

I won't say drown but more like no matter how good the horse is, needs a rest. Playing 20+ minutes every game is tiring

On 12/8/2019 at 11:39 AM, Kootenay Gold said:

I am hoping that coach Green keeps the line combo of Roussel, Gaudette and Virtanen together for awhile. I really like they way that line is performing and feel it can still be better yet.

Having a third line that is more than capable of scoring makes it much harder for the opposing team to cover them all.

Would like to see Gauds put on another 10 pounds on and play the style of Rous and JV..  that would rock! However it's a good line, your right, hope it's left alone by injuries and Greener... Yeah needs some time to gel, hope they get it..

_uck.. we were supposed to be in last place-ish but we're not, the finished build is in the day the Lou's are off the books..

I really hope, like Boeser, Petey's deal is loaded for after both are gone.. I wasn't surprised to see Boeser and JB settled on 3 years. 

Then others will be gone and replaced by ELC's so hopefully we can pull it off and not break the bank like McDavid.. ouch plus Drai's too?  Wow that's too much for 2 players that if either get injured for too long, they're screwed, hope we don't end up like that..

• Upvote 1

On 12/15/2019 at 3:39 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

PUT HIM ON PK ALREADY

SHORTIES GALORE!!

This should happen,  and then on the PP with Petey, Miller, Myers and Hughes..  all these guys don’t hesitate to shoot  and Jake would thrive on that in the crease area with Miller.

Make it happen tonight Hairy..  rub sumpthin superstitious will ya!

Bo Brock Rousell Benn and Stetcher on the 2nd pp

just looking at JVs stats,. He is on that strong progressive curve upward, as he aged with us his game should look great at end of season.. kid will recognize his full potential next season and I’m sure Green will set him up for it.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

This should happen,  and then on the PP with Petey, Miller, Myers and Hughes..  all these guys don’t hesitate to shoot  and Jake would thrive on that in the crease area with Miller.

just looking at JVs stats,. He is on that strong progressive curve upward, as he aged with us his game should look great at end of season.. kid will recognize his full potential next season and I’m sure Green will set him up for it.

Would love to see Virt start in OT .... his speed would be fantastic with all the open ice. 

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

He does not seem to like that area though, everyone wants to see him there but he likes the perimeter or skating by or behind the net instead of stopping there

1 hour ago, ba;;isticsports said:

He does not seem to like that area though, everyone wants to see him there but he likes the perimeter or skating by or behind the net instead of stopping there

Be less traffic and crease fighting on a pp though,. Don’t you think?

2 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

That was the old style of nucks hockey recently as there weren't enough big bodies for it, but that's the first thing your told in hockey school to do is stop at the net and sniff for a rebound, I don't think it's a matter of him not wanting to go there but when we were soft as butter, it simply wasn't our style but that seems to be changing (kinda)

10 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

That was the old style of nucks hockey recently as there weren't enough big bodies for it, but that's the first thing your told in hockey school to do is stop at the net and sniff for a rebound, I don't think it's a matter of him not wanting to go there but when we were soft as butter, it simply wasn't our style but that seems to be changing (kinda)

You are right about stopping in front, but he shouldn't have been considered a soft player, and even more reason for him to have planted in front to screen for the soft players and hope for a deflection and rebound don't you think?

I just don't get all this talk now and in the past about Jake playing on the PP in front of the net.  They have try him there in the past with little success.  I have never seen him be particularly effective in screening, but more importantly, I don't remember him being good in front of the net DEFLECTING pucks.  While he has great skills, I have never been impressed with his hands, like I was with someone like Burrows, who I thought was very underrated for having great hands [and great hand/eye co-ordination, allowing him to be very successful close in.

So if you don't really like being in front of the net, and you are not particularly adept at deflections, maybe this isn't a great role for you on the PP.  Not saying he couldn't have a role on the PP, just not screening and deflecting.

Hey, @Hairy Kneel 

Habs game tonight Jake’s getting Regular shifts with JT and EP40..    kinda called it! Lol

... and what do you know?      Bo BB6 and the rooster on the other line.

What did you rub!?!?   ...  nah,.  Don’t tell me. :frantic:

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1