The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Great game for Virtanen. Showed his physicality, speed, and that hard shot of his. Got himself a goal for his troubles. He may want to work on the shootout move, though.

I think he let up because he felt like he had the goalie beat, and frankly, he did. He gets that puck up or he tucks that a big faster to the far post that's in the net!

Thought he had a very strong game tonight with some big hits, breakaway speed and a couple nice set ups but I did notice something in his game that I know alot of Canucks fans see on a daily basis with Kassian. Virtanen has that kind of "nonchalant" sense to him when he's away from the puck; a little disinterested or lack of instinct when he's not the focal part of the play. It might be just how he processes the game but that's just how I saw it from a spectators point of view.

Anyways, he's a lock for team Canada no doubt and hopefully this game gives him some confidence up in till WJC camps.

Edited by junglesniper

I really liked Virtanen's game alot, made alot of plays with the puck which was great to see, totally different than his play at the U18's.

He really showed everything tonight, his strength, his shooting ability, his speed, his ability to be physical and he was making plays aswell to top it off.

Really great game for him. Great to see.

those highlights were terrible. This is a national event. Are you telling me in a 60 minute game, with 11 shootout rounds there was only 5 plays worthy of highlights?

SMH ROGERS. Very disappointed so far in this half assed coverage.

they released their CHL TV schedule 1/4 of the way through the season

those highlights were terrible. This is a national event. Are you telling me in a 60 minute game, with 11 shootout rounds there was only 5 plays worthy of highlights?

SMH ROGERS. Very disappointed so far in this half assed coverage.

I too am very unimpressed by this "new" great coverage we're supposed to be seeing. Seems like the old bamboozle to me. They say it's better, it just isn't. It's been mediocre at best compared to years past.

I too am very unimpressed by this "new" great coverage we're supposed to be seeing. Seems like the old bamboozle to me. They say it's better, it just isn't. It's been mediocre at best compared to years past.

I thought when Rodgers said when they took over there was going to be no blackouts? I've noticed that unless it's Saturday night it's the same ol stuff