The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Tryamkin will have an amazing year this coming season. He looks great out there, and with his offensive flair growing, he will be an unstoppable force.

I enjoyed his goal against Edmonton. Cro-Milan looked fairly worried at having to block his shot close-range, clearly failing as Nikita buried it.

Tryamkin's presence on the ice makes the likes of Lucic, Maroon, and Kassian keep their heads on a swivel. At this juncture, and with his clearly improved skating and foot speed, it's pretty clear that Gudbranson would be a great partner for him.

Those two would be, with some training camp chemistry, a brutal pairing to play against, and when fine-tuned, capable of neutralizing any forecheck in the league. Players might lose limbs, but really, who cares.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Tryamkin will have an amazing year this coming season. He looks great out there, and with his offensive flair growing, he will be an unstoppable force.

I enjoyed his goal against Edmonton. Cro-Milan looked fairly worried at having to block his shot close-range, clearly failing as Nikita buried it.

Tryamkin's presence on the ice makes the likes of Lucic, Maroon, and Kassian keep their heads on a swivel. At this juncture, and with his clearly improved skating and foot speed, it's pretty clear that Gudbranson would be a great partner for him.

Those two would be, with some training camp chemistry, a brutal pairing to play against, and when fine-tuned, capable of neutralizing any forecheck in the league. Players might lose limbs, but really, who cares.

Wow!  I can't hardly wait to see those two together guarding our crease next season.  That could be the toughest pairing in the league!  

25 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think I'd prefer to spread that toughness around have have diverse pairings. Think Stevens and Niedermayer.

Someone should make a Tryamkin facepalm gif from the final game when he was in the box and Eberle scored, it was pretty epic and it summed up the season quite nicely.

I thought Tryamkin should've won best dman and unsung hero.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I hope to see Pedan mixed in with our Dcore next season,. Now there's a kid that can keep creases clear and heads on swivels..  I see him as the 7-8 rotating man in our back end, and hopefully getting around 40 games or better.

He needs to get his game together at the AHL level first. He was basically a bottom-pairing defenseman in Utica and I hear that Green even had him as a healthy scratch for a few games. I hear he had the tendency to take pointless penalties as well. A year ago or so, he was one of Utica's top defenders, but his regression temporarily sets him to AHL-only status IMO.

• Upvote 1

GREAT Defenceman ....you can see near the end of this season , he was starting to feel comfortable and does have a mean streak which i adore, hes gonnna be a beast next year, and im glad we have him ...he got bigger over last season and he will just get bigger next season .

He doesnt put up with anyting, and u can see if he gets hit, he hits back ....he didnt take many bad penalties this season , and he did get a couple bad calls against him, but happens .....i feel hes gonna be a Zdeno Chára type player ...as hes getting better and better each year.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

GREAT Defenceman ....you can see near the end of this season , he was starting to feel comfortable and does have a mean streak which i adore, hes gonnna be a beast next year, and im glad we have him ...he got bigger over last season and he will just get bigger next season .

He doesnt put up with anyting, and u can see if he gets hit, he hits back ....he didnt take many bad penalties this season , and he did get a couple bad calls against him, but happens .....i feel hes gonna be a Zdeno Chára type player ...as hes getting better and better each year.

Yeah that last game he just pushes a guy down (folds him down) with two hands and gets a roughing call. I think he's going to have to fold guys to the ice with one hand to avoid those calls. He got a couple other ones like that pushing guys down,  its an awesome check just flattening guys down like pancakes.

On 4/11/2017 at 6:14 PM, ajhockey said:

He needs to get his game together at the AHL level first. He was basically a bottom-pairing defenseman in Utica and I hear that Green even had him as a healthy scratch for a few games. I hear he had the tendency to take pointless penalties as well. A year ago or so, he was one of Utica's top defenders, but his regression temporarily sets him to AHL-only status IMO.

Yeah, maybe he figures the mental side out this summer, but I still think he had work to do coming into camp this past year. I had higher expectations of him from the previous season than I do now from what I've seen and the feedback out of Utica.

On 4/11/2017 at 6:31 PM, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

No where close to a Chara. I've been cautionary about people predicting a Chara-type future for Tryamkin, and he's miles ahead of Pedan. Pedan isn't even a great defenceman in Utica right now. I'd rather sign Robak to an NHL contract over Pedan at this point (Robak was on an AHL-only contract and voted the Comets best defenceman ahead of Pedan, Subban and even McEneny, who was our best D prospect in the AHL last year).

Mean will not be enough to get him to the NHL.

• Upvote 1

I've been intrigued with Tryamkin. 

He's so big, and mobile. But I've also noticed that he falls down a lot when trying to defend. 

I understand the comparisons to Chara, but I don't think Tryamkin will ever get there, if he does, he would become the biggest steal in the draft. 

With that being said, I don't think Tryamkin will ever get there. I hope he does, though! But realistically I don't think he will. If he's a top 2 dman, I think that could be considered a win. I wanna see how he performs and comes into camp next season. 

Tryamkin was a poor man's Chara. Pedan is a poor man's Tryamkin. well. we can hope. I'm going to miss seeing and watching Tryamkin play. but he's not with team anymore. so. of to talking about other prospects and players that play for this organisation.