The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

54 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Ehlers and Nylander are not going to be affordable by Winnipeg and Toronto by the time they are competing for the cup they will have to trade them off for cheaper options....

In 2 or 3 years when we are competing for the cup Jake will be just becoming a force along with our other cheap prospects and we will be a force for much longer.

So...you're saying Jake was a good pick because he's not as good?

:picard:

7 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

JB was guilty of bad amateur level scouting on that pick, there is a clear reason why a guy of that stature fell to the second round and would have fallen much farther if JB hadn't have blundered onto the scene. 

You don't just read the guys stats and watch some video, you have to TALK to him and find out what his motives are. The myth of JB being good at the draft is just that, so far he has Boesser to show for all his opportunities....that's it. Talk to me about Jolevi, Peterson, and Virtanen when they have actually ACCOMPLISHED something in the NHL, every year JB passes on top line, to pick guys who are inferior, this year someone drafted AFTER Peterson will come into the league and provide a team with EXACTLY what we need, remember this everyone: If JB wasn't so god awful at the draft table, our rebuild would be over: Ehlers, Pasternak, Arvidson, and Tkachuk would make the difference, come back and argue with me when one of JB's "Off the board" pick-ups is worth a cup of coffee in the NHL, because right now, only Boesser is.

Usually I'll bold a particular part of a post to respond to, but man, this entire thing is just a load of sh*t. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

The bucks are bigger in the KHL right now? With $50/barrel oil and economic sanctions over Ukraine? Really? So how much is he making now? Do you have any actual facts that support that nonsense, or is this just your usual ridiculous fabrication?

43 minutes ago, ThaShady1 said:

Usually I'll bold a particular part of a post to respond to, but man, this entire thing is just a load of sh*t. 

The only reason t.d isn't on ignore is for the sheer :blink::huh:....:lol::lol: value.

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

I'm disappointed he's gone too but frankly I can't root for someone who doesn't want to be here.

I agree but I am left with this "Man why is my team cursed?" feeling.

8 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

JB was guilty of bad amateur level scouting on that pick, there is a clear reason why a guy of that stature fell to the second round and would have fallen much farther if JB hadn't have blundered onto the scene. 

You don't just read the guys stats and watch some video, you have to TALK to him and find out what his motives are. The myth of JB being good at the draft is just that, so far he has Boesser to show for all his opportunities....that's it. Talk to me about Jolevi, Peterson, and Virtanen when they have actually ACCOMPLISHED something in the NHL, every year JB passes on top line, to pick guys who are inferior, this year someone drafted AFTER Peterson will come into the league and provide a team with EXACTLY what we need, remember this everyone: If JB wasn't so god awful at the draft table, our rebuild would be over: Ehlers, Pasternak, Arvidson, and Tkachuk would make the difference, come back and argue with me when one of JB's "Off the board" pick-ups is worth a cup of coffee in the NHL, because right now, only Boesser is.

Until you can spell more than 60% of the listed players names properly in your post go sit in the corner and feel bad about yourself.

Boston choking a 3-0 series lead to the Flyers bad.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, apollo said:

So no one knows how much $$ he signed for? 

Anyways, traitor IMO. Boooooooo!

I'd expect it was well under $1 million per season. Probably below NHL minimum.

Here's a list of the top-30 KHL salaries in 2016-17.

https://m.imgur.com/hsPyWkq

Only 4 player making $3+ million and $1.5 million is a top-10 salary in the league. Anything over a million pretty much gets you into the top-30.

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

....wrong...I am saying he will be more valuable to US because we will be able to pay him and I still think he will get it eventually.

...face palm....

He won't be more valuable than Nylander - I can promise you that.

Even if TO can't afford Nylander, they can trade him for a boatload.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I'd expect it was well under $1 million per season. Probably below NHL minimum.

Here's a list of the top-30 KHL salaries in 2016-17.

https://m.imgur.com/hsPyWkq

Only 4 player making $3+ million and $1.5 million is a top-10 salary in the league. Anything over a million pretty much gets you into the top-30.

Wait... whaaaaaaaaaaaat?! So he left us for under a million?! That's crazy... I'm sure Jimbo could have offered 1.5?! 

Why on earth would Nichushkin take 1.2mill?! Or grigorenko 1.1?! I guess playing at home is important...

Edited by apollo

7 minutes ago, apollo said:

Wait... whaaaaaaaaaaaat?! So he left us for under a million?! That's crazy... I'm sure Jimbo could have offered 1.5?! 

Why on earth would Nichushkin take 1.2mill?! Or grigorenko 1.1?! I guess playing at home is important...

Maybe for some guys family, friends, home, and playing for fun - while still getting nicely paid - is all they want?  

• Upvote 1

As you can see here, Tryamkin himself stated that he wanted to play in the NHL. Obviously something changed while he was here and we'll probably never know exactly what it was. It could be his family, homesickness, culture shock, the coaching, etc. But based on this interview, Benning shouldn't get any real heat for the situation unless it was a contract dispute. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Taxation is part of it. KHL salaries are usually considered tax free (or at least the reported figures tend to represent "take home" salary). So you can roughly double those figures to get the NHL equivalent salaries (assuming an average ~50% income tax in the NHL).

Also, the reported KHL salaries, in some cases, don't include bonuses.

Still, it's fair to assume Tryamkin left some money on the table, when comparing his projected NHL salary (even after taxes) to the kind of money he's probably making in the KHL.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Taxation is part of it. KHL salaries are usually considered tax free (or at least the reported figures tend to represent "take home" salary). So you can roughly double those figures to get the NHL equivalent salaries (assuming an average ~50% income tax in the NHL).

Also, the reported KHL salaries, in some cases, don't include bonuses.

Still, it's fair to assume Tryamkin left some money on the table, when comparing his projected NHL salary (even after taxes) to the kind of money he's probably making in the KHL.

Hmmm interesting. I didn't know about the taxes... still it bothers me though. I feel betrayed :lol:

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, D-Money said:

He won't be more valuable than Nylander - I can promise you that.

Even if TO can't afford Nylander, they can trade him for a boatload.

Ya...for a boatload of draft picks...meaning they lose a first liner just when they get to a "finals" caliber team and we have a hard-nosed 2nd-3rd liner in Jake ready to mow down boatloads of smaller/slower guys....