The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

24 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Get real. If that was the case everyone here would be a hypocrite. This whole thread is set up to intimidate anyone who has a counter view on "the greatness of Tryamkin" You are one of the zealots it appears.

I also never said anyone was not entitled to their opinion but they make these opinions in the full knowledge that they will be challenged with counter opinions. 

I objected to an implication that WD was somehow a bad coach because he was showing early signs of some kind of illness. I didn't join a hockey forum to let cr-p like that go without comment.

Maybe it's you who has forgotten what this forum is about if you think that is an acceptable thing to say.

By saying someone is not allowed to defend, you are basically saying that, if their opinion encourages them to defend someone, they shouldn't be allowed to do that.  Yet, you are somehow allowed to attack at the same time. That's the hypocrite in it.

I stand by what I said earlier.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Look I am pretty sure that Tryamkin went home because of

1. WD's year long pressure on Tryamkin

2. Tryamkin's wife

3. Every heavy weight in the league wanting to fight him or run at him

4. His immaturity 

5. Pot smoking neighbors

6. Home sick

7. Benning's request to send him to the minors and not respecting the contract

8. and my unsubstantiated opinion, that Benning low balled Tryamkin's contract expectations

Just my opinion, but I think it was all the above...……….

Everyone had fault...……...especially the neighbors!:gocan:

What ever reason he left he Left! So get over it, personally I think management screwed the pooch big time. Time to cut ties and get something for him . He doesn't want to play here like Panarin he wants the beach with palm trees. Tampa anyone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I don’t disagree with Tryamkin not helping his own cause by showing up here overweight and not in shape.  However, he did follow the directions of the trainers, lose weight, and get fit.  Then, when he was just starting to show his full game, WD makes the ridiculous negative public comments about Tryamkin’s play against Marchand.  Every player is an individual, and with Tryamkin WD clearly made mistakes.  

Even given the WD coaching, I still believe Tryamkin went home to satisfy the needs/wants of his wife.  She looked super young.  It must have been really hard on her, when Nikita was travelling with the team.  Maybe he and his young wife would have had an easier adjustment to NA life if they were in Tampa or Washington, where there were more Russian players?  

T's rights to Caps for 2019 1st::D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

The problem with Russian Players with egos is just that they need to be coddled something management didn't have the forsite  to do . Jim could have made a trade to make him happy and got a good asset for him. Instead they will loose him for nothing. 

With the Canucks owning his rights for 3 more years, I think your statement is far fetched.  I would think that T will want to play in the NHL when his Russian contract expires (2 years), so he will likely play for Vancouver or his rights will be traded to another team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Oh for certain I’m a big time hypocrite.  When it comes to our players and prospects, that’s clearly evident in my posts.  Even so, I firmly believe WD was not a good coach with Tryamkin.  He needed to read all his players, and Tryamkin he miss read.  I don’t think every coach would insist, and publicly state, he wants a particular player to “intimidate” opponents more.  Sure, it would be great if all our players played with some nastiness, but not all guys are wired that way, right?  And it’s the coach’s job to read that.  

Well to be fair if you are saying Tryamkin is not going to consistently use his physical attributes he is definitely not going to find it easy getting a place in the NHL Do you seriously think he was any better than Biega if he hadn't done the "other stuff"?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

By saying someone is not allowed to defend, you are basically saying that, if their opinion encourages them to defend someone, they shouldn't be allowed to do that.  Yet, you are somehow allowed to attack at the same time. That's the hypocrite in it.

I stand by what I said earlier.

As do I.:P

If NT comes back after his KHL contract expires and plays that next year ( that the Canucks hold the rights to ), what will his status be at the end of all that ? ( RFA ? UFA ? ) I'm assuming that we will be a top 16 team by then and a TDL trade might not be an option. PS.....CapFriendly shows that our NHL rights to NT are 'indefinite'. Don't understand where we actually stand. ( I thought it was/ is 3 more years ! )

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks/reserve-list

14 hours ago, alfstonker said:

You need to know someone before you "defend" them. Wow are the Tryamkin zealots aware of this?

I will continue to defend WD against the kind of cretinous accusations made by the likes of SS and others. I will go the extra mile when these accusations are made just to deflect from decent appraisals of Tryamkin. 

Did you finally get it?!

Now you know where I’m coming from..  Only thing is your a one trick pony pulling a one wheeled cart with your flogged dead horse in the back of it.

I bet you 98%  of CDC would rather have had Tryamkin still here over Desjardins in his 3rd year.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, elvis15 said:

We've been over that, SS. This is the Tryamkin thread, and we've talked about how he was given more responsibility, ice time, etc. throughout the season and even with Desjardins being let go, Tryamkin still chose to go back to Russia. Unless you're saying Tryamkin has an obsession with Desjardins and that has affected his judgement and ability to play in the NHL?

tenor.gif?itemid=10016550

Tryamkin is good enough for the NHL...  Desjardins isn’t.

straight up Elvis.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Well to be fair if you are saying Tryamkin is not going to consistently use his physical attributes he is definitely not going to find it easy getting a place in the NHL Do you seriously think he was any better than Biega if he hadn't done the "other stuff"?

And this you will call a decent “appraisal”??

You can’t be serious... really hope your not a scout, or wanna be.

Dude,. you need a rocking chair.. and a vape.

Tryamkin NOT any better than Biega???

I think we have finally pulled you out from under that Bridge.

Edited by SilentSam
Making you a WD Piniata Doll
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

If NT comes back after his KHL contract expires and plays that next year ( that the Canucks hold the rights to ), what will his status be at the end of all that ? ( RFA ? UFA ? ) I'm assuming that we will be a top 16 team by then and a TDL trade might not be an option. PS.....CapFriendly shows that our NHL rights to NT are 'indefinite'. Don't understand where we actually stand. ( I thought it was/ is 3 more years ! )

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks/reserve-list

I believe he’ll be 25 when his Avto deal expires. So if we signed NT to a one year deal for 2020-21, he’d still be RFA at the end of it. If 2 years (or more), he’d be a UFA.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I believe he’ll be 25 when his Avto deal expires. So if we signed NT to a one year deal for 2020-21, he’d still be RFA at the end of it. If 2 years (or more), he’d be a UFA.

so thats how the qualifying offer situation work work as well then if he decided to stay the KHL? UFA after 2022 season no matter what? 

the way the D is shaping up if we select one more top pairing guy in the 1st round in 2019 I'm not sure there's going to be a lot of appetite to take another risk on Nik tbh. 

26 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so thats how the qualifying offer situation work work as well then if he decided to stay the KHL? UFA after 2022 season no matter what? 

the way the D is shaping up if we select one more top pairing guy in the 1st round in 2019 I'm not sure there's going to be a lot of appetite to take another risk on Nik tbh

Tryamkin would look real nice next to Victor Soderstrom, all I am saying. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

I think this list can be narrowed down and tweeked some.

8. and my unsubstantiated opinion, that Benning low balled Tryamkin's contract expectations

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the primary motivation. He says that it wasn't. He was offered a two-way deal here, so even if the NHL/KHL numbers work out to be the same, the potential to be getting paid at an AHL rate would give him cause for concern ($925,000 vs $70,000).

7. Benning's request to send him to the minors and not respecting the contract

Didn't Tryamkin have a no AHL clause in his contract? This sounds like he was "respecting" the contract. That Tryamkin showed up out of shape says that he wasn't respecting the team. These are different things.

1. WD's year long pressure on Tryamkin  

Assuming Desjardins was leaning on Tryamkin, and this became such an issue that Tryamkin bolted for home, what does this say about Tryamkin? Perhaps immaturity should be higher on your list (beside his pot smoking neighbors). Perhaps Desjardins was leaning on Tryamkin to to make sure that he didn't become lazy and develop bad habits.

2. Tryamkin's wife  4. His immaturity   6. Home sick

All of these further point to a guy who wasn't mentally ready to play in the NHL. Perhaps time in the AHL might have been good for him.

5. Pot smoking neighbors

W/E. Move or something. Geez. 

3. Every heavy weight in the league wanting to fight him or run at him

Bo Horvat is a pretty big guy. Maybe he should go out and fight every game. Tryamkin can play a very physical game, but he shouldn't be expected to fight as that is not a good use of his TOI and abilities. I like a Tryamkin who doesn't fight, but crashes the opposing forwards as they come down the wing, or clears the front of the net.

5. Pot smoking neighbors

W/E. Move or something. Geez. 

regards,  G.

LOL, yes pretty much......

I am to suppose that you are in favor of legalizing of weed? LOL

G, did you live underneath Big T? lol

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Did you finally get it?!

Now you know where I’m coming from..  Only thing is your a one trick pony pulling a one wheeled cart with your flogged dead horse in the back of it.

I bet you 98%  of CDC would rather have had Tryamkin still here over Desjardins in his 3rd year.

It depends on what team you gave him. WD would have won a hell of a lot more with Boeser, Vanek, Gagner Leipsic Motte, Pouliot, MDZ etc. as well as the likes of Bo, Stech, Hutton etc being a year more experienced.

I'm not making that a criticism of Green just an attempt at parity of resources. After all WD got to the playoffs with a similar team - 101 points

Oh and by the way, I also think Green would want Tryamkin to intimidate the opposition.

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

And this you will call a decent “appraisal”??

You can’t be serious... really hope your not a scout, or wanna be.

Dude,. you need a rocking chair.. and a vape.

Tryamkin NOT any better than Biega???

I think we have finally pulled you out from under that Bridge.

That is not what I said and unless you had trouble with reading at school you know it. 

Tryamkin would not have had half the fans on here if it had not been for the extracurricular stuff. i.e. all the stuff he claims he doesn't want to do. :lol:Beiga out scored  Tryamkin in hits by the way.

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Tryamkin is good enough for the NHL...  Desjardins isn’t.

straight up Elvis.

I suspect reading between the lines, WD had twice the strength of character your little pet had.

He was fed $&!# by JB and still managed to stick it out, gaining the playoffs with 101 points in his first year and even in his last year with a pretty poor team compared to the one Green was handed WD was only 4 points behind Green's team.

"Desjardins, who has a masters in social work and an education degree, is a populist coach. “He communicates a lot with the players…everything he says he’s got poise and he’s thought about it. He’s not just saying stuff to say stuff. When he talks everybody listens,” said veteran winger Alex Burrows, who’s had Alain Vigneault and Tortorella as head knocks before this.

Danny Sedin sings the same song as Burrows. “It’s been good so far. He talks to guys and keeps it upbeat,” said Sedin.

Canucks’ feisty winger Derek Dorsett played for Desjardins in Medicine Hat definitely thinks he’s a people person. “He finds the way to get the best out of every player, and he manages the room…one of his best strengths is getting to know each individual. It’s not just a team thing. He respects guy and he’s honest with them,” said Dorsett.

“He is what he is, he’s as advertised. He wants to win. He hates to lose, maybe the most. He’s a pretty focussed guy. Outside noise doesn’t distract him,” said Dorsett."

"By then, he was studying education at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon. Since seeding coincided with his spring finals, Desjardins would study on his tractor. He and his dad used to sit side-by-side in the kitchen, before dawn, waiting for the sun to come up. They were so eager to get working, they couldn’t bear to waste a minute of sunlight."

Edited by alfstonker