The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

40 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Are you absolutely, unequivocally, positive about this? I feel the shadow of Bettman, and the  BOSTON org hovering in the background waiting to jump on a technicality to steal Tryamkin from us. They have never forgiven the Canucks for stealing Quinn out of LA and for sneaking Bure in the back door. We won't talk about Burr. 

Well, no. You can never be sure about anything in the NHL. Even if something is written in stone, they can just unilaterally decide to change it and retroactively apply it, whenever and however they want.

(But yeah, under the current framework, Tryamkin is exempt from expansion, and will remain so, even if he signs a contract for 2021-22.)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Well, no. You can never be sure about anything in the NHL. Even if something is written in stone, they can just unilaterally decide to change it and retroactively apply it, whenever and however they want.

(But yeah, under the current framework, Tryamkin is exempt from expansion, and will remain so, even if he signs a contract for 2021-22.)

So why they haven’t reach a deal for 2021-22 and announce it already ? Why not securing him during this non-action week ? 

Man I really hope they don’t let him slip between their fingers, just because they don’t know what to do with Edler. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

So why they haven’t reach a deal for 2021-22 and announce it already ? Why not securing him during this non-action week ? 

Man I really hope they don’t let him slip between their fingers, just because they don’t know what to do with Edler. 

They have to wait until his current KHL deal expires on April 30th before we can sign him.

Edited by Chickenspear
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

They aren't allowed to sign a player who is already under contract with another team maybe?

9 minutes ago, Provost said:

They aren't allowed to sign a player who is already under contract with another team maybe?

1 hour ago, Chickenspear said:

They have to wait until his current KHL deal expires on April 30th before we can sign him.

yes sure, i was on this deadline too, until i read that he is officialy free to return to the NHL, i thought they had released him from his contract.  
guess i misread here. for me he's "officialy free" at the expiration of his contract, which is not the case already. 

Edited by deus.ex.makina
  • Thanks 1

I was looking at Russian names and came across this yesterday........has anyone seen this before?

Both, Boy Names, Girl Names baby nameNikita

What does the name Nikita mean?

The different meanings of the name Nikita are:

• Greek meaning: Unconquered, unconquerable
  • Russian meaning: Unconquered, unconquerable
  • Slavic meaning: Victorious People

I just thought it was appropriate for our expectations.............Oh, I hope!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Hope he comes over and all that. But I can’t quite forget how evident his slower decision making was in his first stint with us. His go to play in the defensive zone was a bank shot off the glass, with many icings as a result. He had limitations to his game...that’s all I’m saying. Just a counter balance to the unbridled optimism that many have concerning big Nik. :)

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Hope he comes over and all that. But I can’t quite forget how evident his slower decision making was in his first stint with us. His go to play in the defensive zone was a bank shot off the glass, with many icings as a result. He had limitations to his game...that’s all I’m saying. Just a counter balance to the unbridled optimism that many have concerning big Nik. :)

I think you need to scroll up a bit and watch some highlights :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think you need to scroll up a bit and watch some highlights :lol:

Oh, seen lots of highlights of big Nik - probably as many as you - and no doubt his overall game is now in a better place now. But he did struggle with the NHL forecheck at times...but I think he’s definitely in better place to adapt to it this time. The fact that he plays quite a few games on NHL sized rinks in the KHL should help too. But we will never know how he’s going to do here until he actually gets here. I remain dubious it’s gonna happen.

5 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

Oh, seen lots of highlights of big Nik - probably as many as you - and no doubt his overall game is now in a better place now. But he did struggle with the NHL forecheck at times...but I think he’s definitely in better place to adapt to it this time. The fact that he plays quite a few games on NHL sized rinks in the KHL should help too. But we will never know how he’s going to do here until he actually gets here. I remain dubious it’s gonna happen.

He would have been here last year if not for the flat cap. We just didn't have room to bring him in. He waited a long time for the Canucks, before resigning in the KHL.

• Cheers 3

8 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

oh for sure. I had upper deck 1st row seats above the bench for Nik's 1st game and had a great view of his 7 second first shift :lol: 

But the big man has come a long way. And we don't have Willie D to confuse him. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

50 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

oh for sure. I had upper deck 1st row seats above the bench for Nik's 1st game and had a great view of his 7 second first shift :lol: 

But the big man has come a long way. And we don't have Willie D to confuse him. 

No, Jimmy we don't have Willie here any more...............we have Baummer

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

5 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

You know Locke, and I am not picking fight with you on this

I just want him over here, it is totally up to him to prove himself

I just hope he gets as much slack as Virtanen, and Roussel

Or Hughes for that matter.

I personally have no expectations that he is a number 1 or 2

I think there is some chance he reaches a 3  and a good chance he reaches a 4

But it will be the other intangibles that will contribute to the team, that will not be in the scoring stats

Like how others behave when he is on the ice

Or his ability to cover so much ice while stationary.......again these will not be on the stat sheet, but will

change the way teams attempt to attack us while he is on the ice.

If for some reason, he does not make it, well as long as he has been given a fair shake, it will be on him

The only thing that concerns me, is that Baumer is the man controlling the defensive gate

The guy was a career AHLer, and has not proven anything as a coach in the NHL, other than he is not an NHL coach

This is what concerns me about our defensive scheme in general, and with Hughes, Juolevi and Rathbone

How can he steer the ship when they know more than he does???????

It is a real concern for me!

With such a young defensive crew, it is a real concern for me.

Great post Jan.  I think you've nailed what people think is wrong about Baumer.  I really hope that you are wrong because if you are right, he may well be doing our young D corps nothing but harm.  Often players have a great head for the game but just can't execute.  Barry Trotz for example, played for the Regina Pats and after that was the captain for the Dauphin Kings for a season but I wouldn't consider the MJHL to be a step up.  I don't think that it's fair to suggest that fringe players can't make good coaches.  Is Baumer one of these middling players who have a great head for the game?  No idea, I've never met the man.

• Cheers 2

On 3/27/2021 at 12:41 PM, Beary Sweet said:

Here’s hoping he signs with us once his contract with Auto is done! He would be a great add to our blue line and will take our D to the next level. He also has one booming shot, playmaking is great as well and his physicality will be a threat also every time he’s on the ice. I will be thrilled and ecstatic if he signs 

Hard shot, sure. (Though I don't remember it being much of a factor.) Great playmaking? Can't say I recall that very much.

Make no mistake about it, peeps. Nik would be an addition to dramatically increase our size, intimidation and hitting. He will be expected to be defensively responsible, use his reach and clear the net. Anything extra he brings is gravy, and not an expectation. I don't think. He is very much a complimentary player, but I believe a very important one.

• Cheers 3

9 hours ago, kloubek said:

Hard shot, sure. (Though I don't remember it being much of a factor.) Great playmaking? Can't say I recall that very much.

Make no mistake about it, peeps. Nik would be an addition to dramatically increase our size, intimidation and hitting. He will be expected to be defensively responsible, use his reach and clear the net. Anything extra he brings is gravy, and not an expectation. I don't think. He is very much a complimentary player, but I believe a very important one.

Every championship team has those players on the bottom half who may not be super stars, but they are excellent at their role. This is what im hoping he will be.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1