The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To the people saying "trade Burrows" ....

The Listening

If he won't move his no trade they gotta piss him off in order for him to demand a trade... Give him 4th line minutes.... Heathy scratch him

Too funny, some people complaining Burr is paid too much for what he brings and this dude wants to pay him not to play. :)

Also treating a player like that would tarnish the reputation and image of this team. It could make it harder to draw UFA's.

Thank god JB doesn't think like some of the fanboys on CDC. We'd never make any progress if he did.

Thank god JB doesn't whine, complain, and ship out a player who has done so much for the team and the community. Thank him for not being like some posters on CDC who would want to piss him off just so he can waive his NTC. We'd never earn any FA and respect in the league if he did.

In hindsight, I'm wondering how realistic it would have been to acquire Evander Kane with David Booth as the centerpiece going to Winnipeg rather than being bought out? How much would Benning have been willing to "sacrifice" in order to improve the squad at LW by adding Kane? Let's be honest: Eddie Lack is likely VERY available now and the Jets probably aren't in love with Ondrej Pavelec nor Al Montoya for the long term, and I don't know anything about Michael Hutchinson, but, you'd have to think Lack would've been worthy of serious consideration as part of "the right package" to acquire Kane. Had that happened, I would've had no problem with Benning then asking Burrows to waive his NTC because this upcoming season's Canuck team is still lacking depth up the middle if they plan to go with Bonino in the #2 slot behind Hank.

I'd love to see Alexandre Burrows bounce back in 2014-2015 with Vancouver, but, not if there's even the remote possibility that he could help improve the Canucks by agreeing to a trade that gets them a solid veteran second line center. With the addition of Kane, Burrows would've been expendable at LW anyway, assuming Jensen makes the club. And, remember, Higgins also has a limited NTC that makes him unlikely to waive it in his final year unless the Canucks are totally out of it again come playoff time. Hard to say yet if Burrows will continue trending downward for the remainder of his term, but, with the addition of Kane this team would be looking so solid at LW now and for the future that I wouldn't be too haeartbroken if Benning didn't want to wait 3 more years to find out.

I am pretty sure Benning would have found out if Booth could have been packaged in any deal rather than buy him out as a first option. If Winnipeg was interested in Booth at 4+ million you would think they would have already signed him to less than that now that he is available. Then they would nothave had to give up Kane to get him.

I do agree that we could see Lack moved and Winnipeg would be as good a fit as any given their goaltending needs. But Booth being bought out was not something that killed a potential deal there......they would want Burrows over Booth I would bet.

Burrows, Edler and Markstrom, 2nd rounder in 2016 and 17 = $10.7 Million.

For

Zetterberg = $6.08 Million until 2021.

We clear $4 million off our cap hit. Detroit still has $4 million in space, and they get younger.

They get Burrows off their books faster than we get with Zetterberg.

Naaahhhhhhh.

Unlikely Burr and Edler waive to go to Det, you don't give away 2nd rounders and other assets for a guy who is that injury prone. Dealing away draft picks is one of the main reasons we have had to start over in the first place. This team needs to get younger, not older.

Burr is an overpaid, overrated rotten third liner. The only reason he used to score a lot was because of the sedins who are now old.

I got pissed off watching him screw up last year. He is not what this team needs.

Really 87 posts says it all hey people we have another Troll!!

Burr has been the most consistent palyer and can play with or with out the Sedins thats how good he is..He will be a plus for this team...period....

Unlikely Burr and Edler waive to go to Det, you don't give away 2nd rounders and other assets for a guy who is that injury prone. Dealing away draft picks is one of the main reasons we have had to start over in the first place. This team needs to get younger, not older.

Which is why I said Naaaaahhh....because it sounded a bit too much like a Gillis trade. ;)

I am pretty sure Benning would have found out if Booth could have been packaged in any deal rather than buy him out as a first option. If Winnipeg was interested in Booth at 4+ million you would think they would have already signed him to less than that now that he is available. Then they would nothave had to give up Kane to get him.

I do agree that we could see Lack moved and Winnipeg would be as good a fit as any given their goaltending needs. But Booth being bought out was not something that killed a potential deal there......they would want Burrows over Booth I would bet.

I think the fact that Booth was not involved in a trade and 16 days after free agency has opened there is not even a sniff of him being signed by another team, says it all.

Dear Burrows

Please kindly do the team a favor and waive your NTC. Your not wanted here anymore. your classless way of playing hockey is no longer welcomed, you are a black eye to the team, and you are pretty much powerplays waiting to happen FOR THE OTHER TEAM.

Get out of here

Well I am just gonna sit back and watch Burrows kick Kassians butt scoring goals. Of course if they play together, Burr will make sure he sets him up for a few so the young fellow doesn't feel too bad about it. :);)

:towel: Well let's hope he beats him 30-29.

Dear Burrows

Please kindly do the team a favor and waive your NTC. Your not wanted here anymore. your classless way of playing hockey is no longer welcomed, you are a black eye to the team, and you are pretty much powerplays waiting to happen FOR THE OTHER TEAM.

I don't agree with the tone of this post but gawd Burrows hurts the team with the number and the cheapness of penalties he takes. Clearing that up would go a long way to improving his play.

Dear Burrows

Dear you. No he doesn't want to. Get lost. Can you waive your NTC and move to the flames forums?

Well I'm not saying trade Burrows now, but after the 2011/12 season I felt he had lost a step and as a GM I would have pulled the trigger while his value was still skyhigh considering he was an undrafted player who was 31. Now I'm not an insider and maybe he had an injury... I was just putting 2 and 2 together, new fat contract, not much else to prove... meh what do I know

Well I'm not saying trade Burrows now, but after the 2011/12 season I felt he had lost a step and as a GM I would have pulled the trigger while his value was still skyhigh considering he was an undrafted player who was 31. Now I'm not an insider and maybe he had an injury... I was just putting 2 and 2 together, new fat contract, not much else to prove... meh what do I know

So you're suggesting he has given up on what has got him to the big stage? Well, I have had similar thoughts about this, but I think it's unfair to actually say that about any player. There could be many attributing factors to his decline, age being a huge one. I'm of the opinion that a 4.5m dollar salary is overpayment for a bottom 6 player. Again, for the people saying he's useless and a lousy player, I think you're expecting too much. Like Canucklehead said, he is an un-drafted success story, but his potential has always been that of a great 3rd line agitator. He can kill penalties, and play against teams skilled players and keep them in check, but that doesn't mean he should be given the benefit of the doubt to play top 6 minutes because management has always failed to bring in a legitimate top end player to play with the twins. Carter, Pyatt, Klatt, Bernier, Burrows etc... Are NOT top end talent.

Only thing I can say is WATCH every game.Burrows does use his heart to much and gets into trouble more then not.He used to make up for it but last two seasons has seemed to have gotten slower and taking more penalties.That is something we do not need so less he does rebound and \i think he can, then I say let his contract run out and trade him before deadline to get a 4th or 5th rounder!

How about we keep Burrows and trade whomever is saying we should trade him.

I'll go start working the ducks boards and see if we can find a good trade for them but I wouldn't get your expectations up because of all the complaining they do I wouldn't expect much in return.

Archived