The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Re-Signing] Florida re-sign Dmitry Kulikov.

Plum

TSN Hockey ‏@TSNHockey
Florida and Dmitri Kulikov agree to terms on a 3-year, $13M deal, per @TSNBobMcKenzie #TSN #NHL
Overpayment but it's alright with the cap going up and they have plenty of cap to spend.

Does it really take a lot of talent to screw MG though?

I think it does, no one else in the league could convince MG he was getting value in a trade, hence why Tallon is the only one who could repeatedly screw him again and again, yet MG would still come calling; that takes talent.

The term is good but the cap hit is not. It also makes him the second highest-paid blueliner on the team.

He did have 2nd most TOI/g, a low PDO, and decent QoC Rel.

Imho, with the inclusion of Mitchell and Ekblad he may have more manageable minutes allowing him to play a more rounded game. I think this is actually a decent contract.

Overpayment...but that's all Florida has been doing lately.

I still can't believe the Blues wouldn't offer something like this to Sobotka, who has proven far more than Kulikov. Yet reports are St. Louis was playing hardball at 3.

You guys under the illusion that Gillis got screwed repeatedly by Tallon need to have a closer look at what Tallon got in those deals.

Bernier - who they waived.

Grabner - who they waived.

Samuelsson - who hardly touched Florida ice due to injuries.

Sturm.

Evan Oberg.

A pick they still have from the Ballard deal, who could turn out to be an NHL player (Howden).

Luongolol.

Florida did not get a great deal of value out of those deals where they "screwed" Gillis.

Nice story though.

Also disagree with people here who don't see Kulikov's value.

23 year old with five NHL seasons under his belt.

As steady as anyone on their blueline - plays big minutes, faces strong competition, skates very well, has great hockey sense, plays a balanced game and has good underlying numbers.

Pretty reasonable terms as far as I'm concerned.

... Man Florida is over paying for everyone.

Luongos 4.5 is by far their best value on the roster. Man that 4.53 cap hit is a beauty for an elite goalie.

Unless you are Vancouver if he decides to retire early. And if he does decline in the next two years they have an overpaid backup.

Archived