The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Higgins

Boudrias

Fans talk about Bonino being the big winner in the Kesler deal. Failing that Sibisa or even McCann. I suggest Higgins has been a huge winner. Higgins-Bonino-Burrows have been carrying the team for a

while now.

I had my doubts starting the season whether Higgins could be a steady 2nd liner but must admit that his

start this year has been very impressive. He actually looks faster than last year.

I still maintain Higgins is a solid 3rd liner. But he's always shown he can fill the 2nd line role if required - and I agree... he looks faster this year.

But as Wilbur said - having the right linemates makes all the difference in the world. Hard to score when Kesler hogs the puck.

Nothing like having a playmaking C at your side (who can also score goals).

I hear the Ducks fans are complaining about Silfverberg being on the 2nd because he isn't scoring. He's getting a lot of hate these days. I'm sure Higgy can feel his pain B)

Too bad kassianbeastmode got banned, he would have loved to dump all over this thread.

Higgins has been of great value from the start. He fit in well for our cup run, has always produced while playing a solid 2 way game and has re-signed twice at respectable cap hits. The guys work ethic is awesome and he is a great character guy to show the young players the ropes. Pretty awesome we have him for 2 more years cause he has shown no signs of slowing down. He is an average 2nd liner and an elite 3rd liner that is making average 3rd line money. What's not to love?

Higgins is solid and works well with pretty much anyone because of his hard work on and off the puck. You can see why he got drafted 14th overall, even though unfortunately not all of his skill sets got completely transitioned into the NHL.

He's still one of my favourite Canucks for sure, and he is on a 50 point pace this season which is great.

I think people that have a problem with Higgins on the second line just don't get hockey.

The guy is a beast. He is physical, drives hard to the net, has decent speed, he can shoot and has decent hands, he passes well and can play in both end of the rink and he finishes his checks. Whats not to like? I get that he isn't a top 4 forward, but easily a #5 or 6 guy. He's good for a solid 40-50 points a year. That's a top 6 guy. No teams have 6 Sedin or Vrbata level players, and this isn't the pre cap era anymore where teams could stack all the talent that the southern teams couldn't afford.

Higgins is a valuable player for his ability to move up and down the line up and play any role. He is not IMHO a full time second liner as he just doesn't seem to have the creative edge or goal scoring touch one expects there.

As a third liner/PKer, he is effective and valuable and dangerous enough to put up some good secondary scoring.

Now that JB has had time to see what the core and youth have to offer, I am confident he will start things in motion to address the areas the team needs to improve on. Would love to keep Higgy as a regular on the third.

10 pts in 16 games so far says he's a second liner, not third liner.

Bonino has a lot to do with that as he has be on fire. HIggy has had patches before where he gets points and then goes cold for weeks. He's streaky. If he can maintain those numbers I will be pleasantly surprised.

Archived