The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who's the best of the AHL Defensemen? Who do we keep up?

*Buzzsaw*

Who is the class of the AHL D callups?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It looks like we're going to get Tanev and Edler back soon... and Bieksa is also on the mend.

The AHL callups have performed extremely well, considering how depleted the D corps was.

Which of the 3 AHL callups should be kept in the lineup, or should any of them stay?

-----

From my perspective, Adam Clendening is the class of the bunch. He has good puck handling skills, can play on the PP, and doesn't make many mistakes. He has the best +/- of the group.

I like Alex Biega, he is good physically, but doesn't have the offensive upside.

Frankie Corrado, with his injury, just hasn't played enough for me to see him being kept up... have to believe his level of fitness is not going to be good enough. He should be sent down for a conditioning spell before he is given another shot.

I would almost be willing to see Clendening play in place of Weber... Weber gambles too much and gets caught.

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Clendening

Sbisa - Bieksa (Should be Corrado but leadership, physically etc etc overrated bull)

ROFL at your bieksa brackets hahahha hahahha omfg lol.

Is clenny eligible to be sent down too?

Honestly biega has been so steady. Clenny probably has the best overall game though.

I like all of our callups alot. Im wondering though if they are ready to continue to play like this for long periods of time. If so it opens the door to trading a few players who are redundant. Like rotten ron for example could replace hansen. Would not be opposed to trading tanev either if it could bring us a first plus.

I like all of our callups alot. Im wondering though if they are ready to continue to play like this for long periods of time. If so it opens the door to trading a few players who are redundant. Like rotten ron for example could replace hansen. Would not be opposed to trading tanev either if it could bring us a first plus.

Definitely keep Clendening on the main roster and see Corrado or Biega as our 1st option call ups.

It somewhat sucks that we haven't see what Bobby Sanguinetti can provide for the Canucks even though he has been called up a couple times in the last two months, but from what we've heard from Utica and Travis Green, he would be in the mix for the next available call up spot as well.

Biega has been good while he's been here but I don't think he'll be a full time nhler ever. He's a decent 7/8th guy and I am glad we got him there. Clendening is the best of our defensive prospects, Corrado is close but not quite there yet.

Fully healthy, I see the d-pairings as the following:

Edler -- Tanev

Hamhuis -- Bieksa

Sbisa -- Clendening

Stanton -- Weber

Biega -- Corrado

So to answer OP, that would mean Biega and Corrado goes back to Utica to help with the Comets' run for the Calder. I'd love to see Benning put in a claim and get Erixon on the waiver wires. If that happens, then I would send Weber down as well or try to get a sixth or seventh round pick from someone/anyone for him.

Clendening stays, I think he's not waiver wire exempt. I like Biega's work ethic, and I'd love to see both Corrado and Bobby S get a shot.

Hopefully we can trade Weber maybe for a 3rd rounder?

Clendenning is waiver exempt for the rest of this year but not next year. But he stays anyway. I don't think is a hard decision. However, I would also like to see Bobby S. get a shot.

Looks like the Canucks will not be making trades. I would be delighted if Weber could be traded for a 3rd rounder but I don't see anyone wanting to pick him up for that price even in this year's crazy rental market.

Do waiver rules change after the trade deadline? After the playoffs start, teams can have as many players up as they want.

Clendining will have to clear waivers so he will stay up. [Edit: oops, not till next year]

Biega is 26, does he have to clear waivers as well? He might not clear.

Corrado can go down so he will.

It looks like we're going to get Tanev and Edler back soon... and Bieksa is also on the mend.

The AHL callups have performed extremely well, considering how depleted the D corps was.

Which of the 3 AHL callups should be kept in the lineup, or should any of them stay?

-----

From my perspective, Adam Clendening is the class of the bunch. He has good puck handling skills, can play on the PP, and doesn't make many mistakes. He has the best +/- of the group.

I like Alex Biega, he is good physically, but doesn't have the offensive upside.

Frankie Corrado, with his injury, just hasn't played enough for me to see him being kept up... have to believe his level of fitness is not going to be good enough. He should be sent down for a conditioning spell before he is given another shot.

I would almost be willing to see Clendening play in place of Weber... Weber gambles too much and gets caught.

How many goals has Clendening got and in how many games. Now how does Biega compare. I think you are being a bit unfair.

Also I like the fact Biega sees his first role as defence because when Bieksa and Edler come back we will have a D that always wants to pinch and go forward.

We need more than Tanev and Hamhuis "guarding the store" in the playoffs.

Biega has played some huge minutes, sometimes more than Clendening whih tells me Willie trusts him a lot.

Archived