The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ashton Sautner | D

S N Y P E R S 7

• 2 months later...
41 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

Time for a little Ashton Sautner love.  He has been the Comets most steady defenseman all year and even though I used to dump on him he is be far the most improved player from last season.

Good to hear he's improved. He along with McEneny next year (if he's not in the NHL) should be able to really stabilize the Comet's blue line next year along with Brisebois and Chatfield.

Do you see him getting NHL games at any point during this contract?

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I already like Sautner more than Hutton. Good on the boards, initiates contact. Contains players in the defensive zone. Not much bigger than Hutton but a lot stronger.

Hutton is certainly more skilled, but Sautner has heart and desire.  The guy is fit.  If 

Hutton could just commit to being super fit, I really think he could be an impact player. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hutton is certainly more skilled, but Sautner has heart and desire.  The guy is fit.  If 

Hutton could just commit to being super fit, I really think he could be an impact player. 

Hutton needs some time with Cull.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Hutton needs some time with Cull.

You know, I was just checking his games and stats, when you posted this...........

I think the trouble is he now has to go on waivers....as much as he has not been good this year, I just don't think he would clear

Maybe at the beginning of next year, when everyone is trying to get their own things figured out.........still think a team like Montreal or Edmonton would grab him because of his potential...just a gut feeling

But I agree with you!

10 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

You know, I was just checking his games and stats, when you posted this...........

I think the trouble is he now has to go on waivers....as much as he has not been good this year, I just don't think he would clear

Maybe at the beginning of next year, when everyone is trying to get their own things figured out.........still think a team like Montreal or Edmonton would grab him because of his potential...just a gut feeling

But I agree with you!

I think he will clear at 2.8 Million plus being a healthy scratch, in the glut of waivers next year.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Not really, Sautner is very sound defensively, not much offense.  McEneny is very good offensively, good defensively, and has more size.  Very unfortunate injury for McEneny this year, he was off to a great start - first PP unit and first PK unit.  Sautner has steadily improved ever since he came to the Comets - his +/- is no accident - Wiercioch -5, Holm and Brisebois -6, Sautner +9... and Sautner had the more difficult defensive assignments.  

McEneny's injury has to be one of the biggest disappointments of the season. I thought he would get NHL games this year and might challenge for a roster spot at some point. Only hoping his injury does not set him back to far. 

• Upvote 1