The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ashton Sautner | D

S N Y P E R S 7

19 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think he's way better than Hutton.

Trade or wave Hutton. or waive

I'm all for trading Hutty, but can you imagine the "asset management" nuclear winter if we lost him to waivers :lol:? I'm sure Jim can move him for an extra 2019 pick of some kind. Apparently there was interest from some teams, don't have the link but do recall chatter about it during the TDL coverage. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm all for trading Hutty, but can you imagine the "asset management" nuclear winter if we lost him to waivers :lol:? I'm sure Jim can move him for an extra 2019 pick of some kind. Apparently there was interest from some teams, don't have the link but do recall chatter about it during the TDL coverage. 

Definitely would have to retain some of the 2.8 million. 50% maybe

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, J-23 said:

Too early to compare. He plays much more calm than Pouliot and Hutton on the defensive side of the game.

Agreed, very poised.  Like what I see so far.  Not comparing him to Tanev but plays a steady style like him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

The nuclear winter reaction is prepped and ready for any perceived misstep Benning makes. These caterwauling turds will never be happy. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, J-23 said:

Too early to compare. He plays much more calm than Pouliot and Hutton on the defensive side of the game.

Benning likes his calm defenceman.  Made the comment after re-signing Tanev, drafted calm composed guys in Brisebois and Juolevi, and may also have Bouchard near the top of his 2018 draft list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think he's way better than Hutton.

Trade or wave Hutton. or waive

I think we may have a package to pry E Karlsson from Ottawa Hairy... one that gets them thinking hard.

Hutton, Tanev, and our 2020 first rounder .?

Karlsson Stetcher Gudbranson Edler Sautner Pouliotte Biegga (Tryamkin:). 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I think we may have a package to pry E Karlsson from Ottawa Hairy... one that gets them thinking hard.

That package isn't even close if you guy by what they were allegedly asking for at the TDL. Cool idea though.. he would look great here.

Edited by shayster007

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

The only thing in trading for Karlsson would be their asking price (Bo,Boeser or EP one of them for sure would be in there) Plus I think we'd be wasting Karlsson or Tavares in their prime years for the next while-- because our team won't be viable for about 2-3 years, for the playoffs (If everything works out).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

The only thing in trading for Karlsson would be their asking price (Bo,Boeser or EP one of them for sure would be in there) Plus I think we'd be wasting Karlsson or Tavares in their prime years for the next while-- because our team won't be viable for about 2-3 years, for the playoffs (If everything works out).

I see Karlsson as a great defensive mentor to add to our group..  perhaps still putting up high points for at least 3 more years.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I see Karlsson as a great defensive mentor to add to our group..  perhaps still putting up high points for at least 3 more years.

But if we're better after those 3 years and Karlsson's past his prime, then we've wasted one (or more) of our top prospects for after that point in time. I like Karlsson and mentorship is great and all, but at what cost does it make such a trade infeasible for us in the long run? This is especially the case when you consider a lot of other teams are going to be interested in a player like Karlsson.

This is why we don't see a lot of top players get traded unless if it involves another top player in my opinion, because the price becomes so much that it can effectively hamper the development of whatever team is going after that player.

Edited by The Lock

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Three years sounds about right, if his speed holds up maybe a bit longer.