The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who is the most underrated Canucks prospect?

thejazz97

Guest Dasein

It really depends on the crowd you're talking to

For a regular fan, Brendan Gaunce just because he's the most-oft overlooked among the top prospects

For a bit more intensive but not yet obsessive fan, Andrey Pedan imo

For a hardcore fan, you would have to ask them - I'm not sure

I don't think Ben Hutton is underrated at all. A lot of posters seem to think pretty highly of him.

I'm super high on hutton and McNally, but there are a lot that are sleeping on them too.

I'd have to say Gaunce is one of the most underrated prospects around here. He doesn't get much love, and he should.

I'm super high on hutton and McNally, but there are a lot that are sleeping on them too.

I'd have to say Gaunce is one of the most underrated prospects around here. He doesn't get much love, and he should.

People keep saying Gaunce but I don't think he's not loved or "forgotten" about. I think people just sort of assume that with ~ a couple years of seasoning, he's going to be a pretty good, bottom 9 NHL player. He's all but assured I think in most people's minds so it's almost like he's already sort of dismissed as "making it". He's not flashy though so he doesn't get the "traffic" more exciting prospects get.

I'd have to say Friesen or Grenier as well. I would have maybe added Pedan before but folks have seemed to come around to the likelihood of him being a pretty solid NHL'er in a couple seasons.

Four years ago, this thread couldn't have existed, because every single one of our prospects was overrated. Keeping tabs on the Canucks' prospects has become one of my favourite things about this team.

Its hard to say who is the most underrated, because a guy like Grenier could be underrated, but he likely will never be more than a fourth liner. A guy like Gaunce could be underrated, because nobody sees him as fitting in in the top 6.

If I were to pick the prospect that I think will surprise Canuck fans the most, I'm picking McCann. I think people realize his value, but not many fans get to see him play on a regular basis. Fans are going to be really excited by the guy's shot. Slapper could rival Virtanen's.

Archived