The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

City of Glendale meeting to determine fate of NHL's Coyotes

You may be right, but I'm skeptical...especially with a 10M application fee, of which 20% is non-refundable. Is there an investment group/owner in Vegas who's expressed interest? I mean Nevada has less than 3M people, with less than 1M in Las Vegas itself...Arizona can't get people in the seats, & that state has almost 7M people...would you want to own a team in Las Vegas, given how poorly the results have been in a more populated state?

Farmer's bet! I'll wager there's no Vegas application until at least summer 2016, winner gets moderate bragging rights. You game?

All day, every day.

Pretty straight forward imho.....The more teams the less top tier talent on each team. The less teams the more top tier talent on each team. Do we really need teams in FLA DAL TBY CAR ? Add PHX to that list and all those great players are filtered out to the league.

The game would be epic !

I'm going to have to disagree. I feel that drafting for NHL teams has improved quite a bit in recent years which produces enough talent to go around for everyone.

The Nords moving was all about Marcel Aubut getting rich. Period.

Agreed, it wasn't the fans fault. If Vancouver drafted McDavid and he refused to play here, I'm pretty sure Vancouver's image as a hockey club would be tarnished, regardless of the reason behind it.

The Nords moving was all about Marcel Aubut getting rich. Period.

As well as the NHL's desire to wipe out the remnants of the WHA, Nords, Whalers, Jets all gone so fast they left a vapour trail, the only thing that saved the Oilers was fear of a lynching.

As well as the NHL's desire to wipe out the remnants of the WHA, Nords, Whalers, Jets all gone so fast they left a vapour trail, the only thing that saved the Oilers was fear of a lynching.

Even then, the Oilers were literally an hour from relocating to Houston. They were saved at the last possible moment by a group of investors. All four WHA teams would have been gone within four years.

The Seattle guy isn't getting in on the fee for a team yet. Don't blame him, no arena yet, and I've heard this is a moving bid price. Someone might get a better deal for a franchise.

With a Canadian $ less than $.70 USA how long before Canadian weak sisters are forced to re-locate.

Seattle just has to wait. Winnipeg and the Sens would be on my re-locate list if the dollar stays low for a few years. With Arizona, NJ and Florida all suspect as well there will be fight to get a team

into Seattle.

With a Canadian $ less than $.70 USA how long before Canadian weak sisters are forced to re-locate.

Seattle just has to wait. Winnipeg and the Sens would be on my re-locate list if the dollar stays low for a few years. With Arizona, NJ and Florida all suspect as well there will be fight to get a team

into Seattle.

Not yet. But by the end of the year it may be.

Agreement Reached With The Arizona Coyotes And The City Of Glendale
by Paul on 07/23/15 at 01:04 PM ET
Comments (0)
GLENDALE, ARIZONA --- The Arizona Coyotes and the City of Glendale announced today that the two parties have agreed on a resolution to their ongoing legal dispute. The City of Glendale will release details of the proposed amendments to the existing arena management agreement this morning on the city’s website, http://www.glendaleaz.com/. The Glendale City Council will vote on the amendments to the agreement on Friday, July 24 at Glendale City Hall. Details of that city council meeting are also posted on the city website.
"This revised agreement represents a positive outcome for both the city and the Coyotes," said Glendale Acting City Manager, Dick Bowers. "It also allows us to move forward in a way that keeps an important economic driver in our community. That’s important for business and it’s important to our citizens."
“We have come up with a resolution that works for both sides and is best for the team, our fans, the city and most importantly the taxpayers,” said Coyotes Co-Owner, President and CEO Anthony LeBlanc. “Neither side benefits from a long, drawn out legal battle. What’s important is putting this dispute behind us and focusing on growing the Coyotes business and in turn, further growing revenues for the entire Westgate Entertainment District. This decision will bring much-needed certainty to our fans and sponsors about our near-term future and an end to the uncertainty brought about through this legal action. We know that hockey works in the Valley and we are committed to Arizona for the long-term. We thank Coyotes fans and sponsors for their incredible support throughout this process. They have proven that they are among the most loyal and ardent in the NHL.”
Representatives of the City of Glendale and the Arizona Coyotes will reserve comments until after the Friday council meeting.

http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comments/agreement-reached-with-the-arizona-coyotes-and-the-city-of-glendale?

In 2 years they will be in Seattle

Frank Seravalli@frank_seravalli 1m1 minute ago
#Coyotes would no longer have lease "out-clause." However, proposed new lease agreement with Glendale would only be for next 2 seasons. #TSN

CKnVtIpWcAAe4YT.png

I say Vegas, and it buys the NHL time to find another two cities in the west.

That won't happen.

Vegas has the $500 mil to cough up. So does Seattle.

Quebec. does but I still think they get passed this time in favour of the next Eastern relocation, likely Florida.

That won't happen.

Vegas has the $500 mil to cough up. So does Seattle.

Quebec. does but I still think they get passed this time in favour of the next Eastern relocation, likely Florida.

Seattle's gotta get a stadium built or at least under construction.

Archived