The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Season Ticket Holder Town Hall

firestorm238

It's close to action time for Benning and us fans want to see some. I think we're all a little on edge.

Not sure why they would hold a town hall because they're not about to leak any info regarding the plans they're about to act on.

By July 1, if it doesn't all make much more sense, then we have reason to complain. Until then.....

Interesting that Zack was pencilled in as top line forward.

Also very interesting that the comment surfaced that he did not cut it. That's a little too public an admission IMO. I suppose its better to be honest than the alternate. Safer to leave it hanging just a bit, hypothetically; "Zack was and will be offered a chance to win a top 6 role!''

Fans can derive their own derivation without actually knowing Zack was a bit of a disappointment. :huh:

Yeah, he could've been more subtle about it, but everybody knows Zack was a let down this year just by watching him play. He had a pretty poor year, outside of the late success with the twins. He deserved all the scratches he got, and I know he had a really bad attitude about it. I think though he expected to be guaranteed a spot, and didn't think he had to earn it, so I wonder now if this will motivate him to play harder and better.

Yeah, he could've been more subtle about it, but everybody knows Zack was a let down this year just by watching him play. He had a pretty poor year, outside of the late success with the twins. He deserved all the scratches he got, and I know he had a really bad attitude about it. I think though he expected to be guaranteed a spot, and didn't think he had to earn it, so I wonder now if this will motivate him to play harder and better.

Sbisa deserved to be scratched numerous times during the season but it never happened. Kassian may not be good enough crack Chicago's top six, but Vancouver isn't really in the position to be picky these days.

Willie is a rookie and gave Zack too many games off. Desjardins made a mistake with Zack. Personally I like Henrik's take on the situation.

The fanbase has issues for a myriad of reasons. The least of which are fans who can maintain an objective outlook.

Sbisa is not exciting, and the fact that Benning says he is disturbs me.

I like Benning. I like him better than MG. But the Sbisa deal is a head scratcher to me. He was aweful defensively at times durung the season. He got better but in the playoffs he got worse again. Please no more no trades. .... Please!!!!! Yes I know we have to wait one year. But we have Corrado and Clendening. Corrado has a shot of being a top four with Tanev. We actually might have 2 out of six defence that could give us a stanley cup caliber defense core.

Sbisa and Eddler hav to go. We will never win a cup with theses two. Am I the only one that see's their play? Clendening I have a question mark cause he made some bad plays in the Calder Cup playoffs. So he seems like another one maybe. You can't win Stanley with out a superb d core.

Keep

Hamhuis Bieksa

Corrado Tanev

Stanton New guy (powerplay guy)

New guy Weber

Kassian did have a bit of a "time" last year for sure. The injuries didn't help with continuity for him but towards the end of the season (just before his back went out) I felt as though he was beginning to understand what he had to do. He is a good fit with the Sedins because he has good hands and when he uses his big body, he can create some space out there and can be a distraction in front of the net.

I think he still gets another go around because of this. Maybe, like Matthias did last year, he is realizing that he needs to compromise and do what he is asked more than trying to go his own way. So for Zack, he may either break out or ship out this year.

Lordy Googs, think again.....add to D, don't take away

Puzzle peices. Some of the peices don't fit into a Lord Stanley team. What makes us better than the rest of the whole league? Not mediocre defence. Tight defense and some offense from the back end. I left out mediocre defense.

Again Sbisa.....Head Scratcher with the 1 year NTC.

1. Kassian deserves a top 6 role. Late in the season when he was put with the Sedins, he was made their life easier in the corners and took up a physical presence on that line, giving the Sedins a lot more room. He also showed he had good hands. I dont know why all the negativity towards him from Willie, he earned it by proving his ability when given a top 6 role. Higgins, Vey Bonino showed nothing of speed, physical play or good hands. Kassian NEEDS a top 6 role, but knowing Willie he wont and will probably be traded even though he is exactly what we need.

2. Sbisa- clearly everyone who has watched games knows he is a waiver wire guy. Same with Weber, I could care less about 11 goals when 3-4 of them were empty netters, he cant transition out of his own zone well and gets hammered in the corners. Sbisa has been in the league for 5 years+ and still hasnt improved his puck handling and give me a break with his physical play. You throw one big hit every 10 games and this gets you 3.5 mill? Being physical is clearing the front of the net, and being able to take a hit and make a play. Big hits are overrated, and so is his potential, which is why Philly and Ducks gave up on him.

3. Dorsett- I do not mind this contract at all. He has speed on the forecheck, can kill penalties, fights and sticks up for his teammates at ALL times. See Andrew Shaw on the Hawks and tell me he is not the same, Shaw was an absolute beast in the playoffs, very similar you need these guys to win.

4. The next 2 years is our transition period, 2017 should be when we start getting angry. Benning is handcuffed with all the NTC and an aging core, so patience for now.

Puzzle peices. Some of the peices don't fit into a Lord Stanley team. What makes us better than the rest of the whole league? Not mediocre defence. Tight defense and some offense from the back end. I left out mediocre defense.

Again Sbisa.....Head Scratcher with the 1 year NTC.

Vancouver has never had that stud defensemen. Norris Candidate. Until we do I think the cup is a dream. The last 3 championship teams had Duncan Keith, Drew Doughty and Zdeno Chara.

Vancouver has never had that stud defensemen. Norris Candidate. Until we do I think the cup is a dream. The last 3 championship teams had Duncan Keith, Drew Doughty and Zdeno Chara.

I agree. But it is no reason not to get the peices in place that you can. Chicago started with Kieth and Seabrook. It was years later they added Toews and Kane. So why keep Eddler and Sbisa. They are not and will never be Seabrook and Keith.

Trevor Linden and Jim Benning with the new coach bought exactly one year of patience.

Poof! It's over.

I think the major reason why everyone seems so frustrated and really wants to blow up the team is because of the first round loss to Calgary. Had we missed the playoffs, people would have said "well we expected this to happen, just a continuation of the torts era" etc. Missing the playoffs in a tight western conference is not the worst thing in the world.

It is easier to miss the playoffs than lose in the first round to a beatable team, and I think that is why everyone is so upset. We played 2 good games that series and the rest left something to be desired. The fact we seemed intimidated and lost to a team of teenagers really got the bitterness rolling lol. Losing in the playoffs leaves a sting of remembering that series for the rest of the summer. Everyone seems increasingly bitter because of it.

I am more for waiting until the 2017 season to reserve my judgement. I will still enjoy watching this core compete, last year during the regular season they provided me plenty of entertainment and always seemed to bounce back well even with injuries etc.

I think the major reason why everyone seems so frustrated and really wants to blow up the team is because of the first round loss to Calgary. Had we missed the playoffs, people would have said "well we expected this to happen, just a continuation of the torts era" etc. Missing the playoffs in a tight western conference is not the worst thing in the world.

It is easier to miss the playoffs than lose in the first round to a beatable team, and I think that is why everyone is so upset. We played 2 good games that series and the rest left something to be desired. The fact we seemed intimidated and lost to a team of teenagers really got the bitterness rolling lol. Losing in the playoffs leaves a sting of remembering that series for the rest of the summer. Everyone seems increasingly bitter because of it.

I am more for waiting until the 2017 season to reserve my judgement. I will still enjoy watching this core compete, last year during the regular season they provided me plenty of entertainment and always seemed to bounce back well even with injuries etc.

I think the new management probably had their eyes opened WIDE when Calgary tossed them out. Whatever backburner plans to rebuild they had before were probably put in the broiler.

But if the coach insists on getting more vets to try to scrounge out more wins... Ehhhhhhhh....

Wait, that doesn't make any sense, he insisted on getting Vey. This team is very confusing. Might be part of why the fans are frustrated.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't everyone freaking out about Ferland in the Calgary series because he was hitting the Canucks in our zone all the time?

Being physical is a good trait to have, provided it's done properly. I seem to recall a lot of fans being very happy not only when Virtanen is scoring and going to the net. But running over other players on his way to the net.

Remember when people were crying we had no push back against Boston? I'm not saying Sbisa is a Norris calibre d-man. But he certainly is trying to get better. He's not the disaster that people keep demonizing him for.

I like Benning. I like him better than MG. But the Sbisa deal is a head scratcher to me. He was aweful defensively at times durung the season. He got better but in the playoffs he got worse again. Please no more no trades. .... Please!!!!! Yes I know we have to wait one year. But we have Corrado and Clendening. Corrado has a shot of being a top four with Tanev. We actually might have 2 out of six defence that could give us a stanley cup caliber defense core.

Sbisa and Eddler hav to go. We will never win a cup with theses two. Am I the only one that see's their play? Clendening I have a question mark cause he made some bad plays in the Calder Cup playoffs. So he seems like another one maybe. You can't win Stanley with out a superb d core.

Keep

Hamhuis Bieksa

Corrado Tanev

Stanton New guy (powerplay guy)

New guy Weber

Corrado and Tanev are both right side, RHD.

A couple of years ago we went with all left handed D and played one or more of them on their off side consistently. Edler, Hamhuis, Garrison all good D, all looked out of place! Rookies on their off side is an even bigger question mark IMO.

Corrado and Tanev are both right side, RHD.

A couple of years ago we went with all left handed D and played one or more of them on their off side consistently. Edler, Hamhuis, Garrison all good D, all looked out of place! Rookies on their off side is an even bigger question mark IMO.

corrado has spent a lot of time on the left side, has looked good there, and by all reports is comfortable playing there.

im a STH and i didnt get any email about this event.. i went to the one last season..

Yeah me too, I was wondering what happened. I have the invite for the July Summer Summitt but not a word on the meeting last night

Archived