The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Lucic to Van for a dman- with IMPORTANT update

I hate Lucic as a Bruin...but I would love the guy if he were a Canuck.

Canucks need a guy who hates to lose...seems like the core was always trying to fabricate something good out of a loss last season. I don't know about you guys, but even in the off-season, it grinds my gears thinking of the Sedins saying "...we played great for 55 minutes. It's those five minutes that killed us..." or "we played a great game tonight...well enough to win. We should have won."

I say bring in Lucic if it can be done...I'd rather have the Canucks be a bunch of bullies than be bullied.

We don't have the rights to anyone named Shawn. I'm glad you're not the GM.

You wouldn't trade Hamhuis for Lucic? His proposal throwing in the rights to Matthias doesn't really count as any value, but I'd trade Hamhuis for Lucic, I doubt Boston accepts.

You're glad I'm not GM because if Boston were to accept you wouldn't trade Hamhuis for Lucic? I'm glad you aren't GM

32 year old Hamhuis vs a 27 year old Lucic

Let me guess, you'd do Ballard Raymond and a 1st

Lucic has not played well for Boston in some time. He takes a LOT of bad penalties, too. He is reckless and doesn't play a smart game. There is a reason Boston wants to move him, even though the Bruins are short on toughness right now. He isn't worth the cap hit anymore.

You wouldn't trade Hamhuis for Lucic? His proposal throwing in the rights to Matthias doesn't really count as any value, but I'd trade Hamhuis for Lucic, I doubt Boston accepts.

You're glad I'm not GM because if Boston were to accept you wouldn't trade Hamhuis for Lucic? I'm glad you aren't GM

32 year old Hamhuis vs a 27 year old Lucic

Let me guess, you'd do Ballard Raymond and a 1st

Hamhuis is a better player even though he is older, lucic is actually passed his prime years BC he plays such a hard game.

Marklstrom, McNally to edm for 33rd, 63rd

Hammer to cbj for rhychel, 34,38

That's what I would do and pray we land Harkins, juulsen, Dunn, Anderson

Hamhuis is a better player even though he is older, lucic is actually passed his prime years BC he plays such a hard game.

Marklstrom, McNally to edm for 33rd, 63rd

Hammer to cbj for rhychel, 34,38

That's what I would do and pray we land Harkins, juulsen, Dunn, Anderson

Lucic has not been playing a 'physical' game for a while now. In many games he seems to be going through the motions. Big guys

like that make me nervous as they get older. Money changes lifestyles and can work against continued success.

Lucic has not been playing a 'physical' game for a while now. In many games he seems to be going through the motions. Big guys

like that make me nervous as they get older. Money changes lifestyles and can work against continued success.

I think that its almost true for certain players to relax their play after winning the cup.

Lucic has not played well for Boston in some time. He takes a LOT of bad penalties, too. He is reckless and doesn't play a smart game. There is a reason Boston wants to move him, even though the Bruins are short on toughness right now. He isn't worth the cap hit anymore.

In some time? He finished the year strong with two rookies as his regular limemates in the seasons prior were either gone or injured for most the year. All of that yet he still ended up with 44 points and 259 hits.

Despite his down year offensively he still managed to put up 259 hits. The most he's had since 08-09.

When has Lucic stopped playing physical? Thats the one component of his game that seemed to stay the same this season.

As much as I would like to see Lucic skate with the Sedins, it depends on the dman they want, most likley Tanev? And he would need to make a positive public statement to the vancouver media making things right.

In my opinion he has acted very immaturely in his visits home, I know fans have not treated him well after the bruins series but he needs to not just be the bigger person physically but the bigger person as a professional and a role model.

Archived