The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Would JB trade for a guy (W. Nylander) he passed over in the draft?  Is Nylander tough enough (like Sedin tough) to take first line minutes and the hard nosed checking that goes with it?  I accept the kid has elite skill, but I question if he has the character to be a front line guy.  He seems more of a complimentary piece.

I'm not sure to be honest. I'm not going to pretend to more than I do, but the Sedins were criticized (they still are) for never being "tough" enough to succeed in the NHL, and e all know how that turned out. 

I think with the way the NHL is headed (away from the grinders/goons) that the physical beating top players take on will be less and less. It's more of a skill game now, and there is no doubt that Nylander has that.  

14 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Just for the last 3 games I believe....Don't think Brock has much talent around him right now. Gersich plays on a different line and he seems to be the only other guy with talent on the team

There is also a young guy you might have heard of, Tyson Jost. He is a pretty decent player

1 hour ago, Sbriggs said:

Ya great to hear too bad its from a TSN looser like Button. Whenever I hear a TSN Insider talk about the Canucks with the exception of Mackenzie it feels like they are being forced to say something nice or positive about our team. Pathetic.

In his 2014 mock draft, he initially had Virtanen down at 41st overall at one point, but I believe he moved it up to 6 in his final mock draft only because of the backlash and public flogging he was taking from sensitive Canuck "fans" at the time.

I tend to believe he might have actually might have known what he was talking about.

Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 12.08.17 PM.png

Edited by MJDDawg

6 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

In his 2014 mock draft, he initially had Virtanen down at 41st overall at one point, but I believe he moved it up to 6 in his final mock draft only because of the backlash and public flogging he was taking from sensitive Canuck "fans" at the time.

I tend to believe he might have actually might have known what he was talking about.

Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 12.08.17 PM.png

I don't think that was a mock draft so much as it was how he felt the draft should go. In his prediction of how the draft would actually go he had jake in the top 10 IIRC.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Injured right now. Hence Boeser playing center

I think Rhett Gardner is playing center on his line right now.

Big drop in terms of skill compared to Jost and Schmaltz. That explains why his point totals are dropping.

15 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I think Rhett Gardner is playing center on his line right now.

Big drop in terms of skill compared to Jost and Schmaltz. That explains why his point totals are dropping.

Ya it seems pretty obvious that Boeser not having talent around him is bringing down his ppg big time. From what I've seen of Boeser he will never be a guy to carry a line but when paired with a talented center who can distribute the puck and win board battles he can be about as dangerous as a player can be. A James Neal kinda player.

Maybe we could find out, for sure, just who Brock currently has as line mates, and which position he is playing before judging why his p/pg are dropping?

Lot of "I think" statements regarding who he's playing with, not much "I know".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Maybe we could find out, for sure, just who Brock currently has as line mates, and which position he is playing before judging why his p/pg are dropping?

Lot of "I think" statements regarding who he's playing with, not much "I know".

We know that the highly skilled centre he normally plays with is out of the lineup. Is that really not sufficient to explain why a sniper's production is down? What do you want, a notarized statement from Brock?

1 minute ago, WeneedLumme said:

We know that the highly skilled centre he normally plays with is out of the lineup. Is that really not sufficient to explain why a sniper's production is down? What do you want, a notarized statement from Brock?

I knew he was missing his normal center, what seems to be unknown, but guessed at, is whether Brock is playing center or still on the wing, with a different center. Both of which will cause an "adjustment" period.