The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I have. A 40 million dollar contract would take care of it just as well as a 50 million dollar contract.

No need to be a greedy entitled little b&*^$.

What a disgusting thing to say. You have some insider knowledge about the value and terms of the contract offers he has turned down? Or what he is asking for? It's amazing that you can spout venomous drivel like that and still purport to be a Canucks fan.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Disgruntler said:

I'm bored now. Move on with whatever Plan B is.

Plan B!  Plan B is plan Brock Boeser!

Brock will sign, you know he will sign, even if he has to be helped to the ice, he'll sign!.  

Brock also has huge family issues atm that are more important than hockey.  With all respect to Brock and his family, we don't know how that situation is affecting the timing of any signing.  

It is far easier to have the media hound JB and JP Barry about Brocks contract than having the media ask questions about personal and family issues at news conferences.  Even if they use their, 'I know this is a bad question, but I have to ask it, so I will use my sincere tone of voice.' 

I wouldn't read too much in at this point.  Brock is a Canuck and unless I am completely off on my impressions of his character, he will be one this year too. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Silky mitts said:

Im getting a little impatient but there are still loads of high end RFA's holding out..... Tkachuk, mcavoy, point, laine, rantanen, connor....

Yeah, Werenski's deal where things are backloaded, and Marner's "negotiations" aren't much in terms of comparables so they're probably waiting for someone like Provorov to get a more reasonable figure?  That and like someone said above, Brock's family situation.  It'll get done folks.

11 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Really? You and your 100 posts know stuff? Please haha.  

You sound silly. Do not embarrass yourself. :frantic:

Edit: maybe you will get a mod job with your extensive experience...what were your previous names on here?

Sometimes less is more.....And you’re the last person who should be calling other people embarrassing.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm honestly a little a surprised he's playing this game, but in reality it's more likely the agent.

Brock is more focused on his family, I'm sure.

This is clearly a trend set by Nylander and now all of the RFA's are pulling this crap, and it really needs to end at some point.

So does Brock have any leverage here?

Other than that we want him on the team, no.

We already have a full roster and enough depth to ice a competitive team.

So if he really wants to sit, I guess he can do that.

Is it more $? Term? Signing bonuses? etc.

I'm not sure.

I wish we had more details but I'm sure it will all work itself out. 

The PR releases are likely strategies and don't reflect the reality of the situation IMO.

I have faith that he will sign before the season opener.

• Cheers 3

23 minutes ago, Tystick said:

I'm honestly a little a surprised he's playing this game, but in reality it's more likely the agent.

Brock is more focused on his family, I'm sure.

This is clearly a trend set by Nylander and now all of the RFA's are pulling this crap, and it really needs to end at some point.

So does Brock have any leverage here?

Other than that we want him on the team, no.

We already have a full roster and enough depth to ice a competitive team.

So if he really wants to sit, I guess he can do that.

Is it more $? Term? Signing bonuses? etc.

I'm not sure.

I wish we had more details but I'm sure it will all work itself out. 

The PR releases are likely strategies and don't reflect the reality of the situation IMO.

I have faith that he will sign before the season opener.

If the owners are going to force escrow, players will then be forced to get as much as they can where they can. Its a lousy system for sharing revenue, but it is what it is. We are just going to see more and more of this. 

I hope that they extend Petey after next season to avoid this with him, I don't want to see what CDC would be like if Petey isn't at camp. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If the owners are going to force escrow, players will then be forced to get as much as they can where they can. Its a lousy system for sharing revenue, but it is what it is. We are just going to see more and more of this. 

I hope that they extend Petey after next season to avoid this with him, I don't want to see what CDC would be like if Petey isn't at camp. 

And eventually the teams will say enough is enough, because they don't want their players to dictate management.

This is our max offer, and if you don't like it have fun in Switzerland until we find a home for you somewhere else.

I'm not saying this will happen with Brock, but I think Marner will get this treatment.

Petey will sign right away IMO.

• Cheers 1

When the last CBAs were signed, the vets screwed the rooks.

They gave in to the cap, but the young guys were contract-limited for years.

Now, the RFAs (with the Meier-type contract) can force the big payday by jacking up the price of the last year.

Teams get the AAV they need but risk losing the player at the end of the contract to UFA.

Now, the CBA is up for renewal, and I would not be surprised if this rear-end loading will be stopped.

The NHL may even punish the signers retroactively ala the Luongo clause.

With the high talent level of the kids coming in, the vets are not as secure in their power.

The NHLPA might be advised to listen to the kids during these negotiations and not rely on the old vets as sole reps at the table.

As fans, we don't want another lockout, and want to settle into a nice long CBA without any labour disruptions (aka not missing any games).

But there is big money on the table and negotiators would be advised to treat the young guys fairly under a new deal.

I understand JB's reluctance to give Brock a Meier-type contract, there so many ways the team could get hurt.

I would hope the Brock remembers the team burning a year off the time it takes for him to hit free agency so he could get a contract and help his family.

He should sign a slightly more team-friendly deal than might be expected otherwise and help build a stronger contender.

I also hope that now that his father is stabilized and recovering, Brock can turn his full attention to this situation.

Sitting all alone on a college bench while his whole team is benefitting from training camp is no fun and no way to handle this, imo (of course).

If they want to win The Cup, star players are going to have to give a little so the team can fit enough talent under the cap.

Bo started it, now Brock could stay the course, and Petey, Quinn, et al can follow and build a solid, contending core for years to come.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2