The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

If we trade Brock Alf is going to be very disappointed.  Great player and an even greater person.  I'd love to see Brock passing the Cup to his dad.  And while he's a Canuck! 

Wow, I can't imagine the emotion of seeing his dad parade with the cup, even if it was on a wheelchair in his lap or something.

• Vintage 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 1:08 PM, Canucks Curse said:

Boeser right now, is slightly less useful than Garland, Boeser 5.75 x whatever term would be great

You will not get him for that price. The best the Canuck's could probably hope for would be to take him to arbitration or trade him. Even if they took him to arbitration he can not be paid less that 85% of his actual earnings in his last season played. In other words $6,375,000. From Cap Friendly they can take him to arbitration in lieu of making him a QO.

This guy can't seem to stay away from injury. That number 6 is cursed from the injury riddled days of Adrian Aucoin and Sami Salo.

On top of just seeing that he doesn't fit the system this team is trying to pay, committing term or dollar to an injury prone player is just a recipe for bad things. I just don't see a long term fit with Boeser.

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Boeser could've played his last game as a Canuck. It would be nice for him to be closer to his dad and family, and Fiala or Boldy coming back our way

I don't see it being Fiala. He's a better player than boeser and cheaper too.

On 4/7/2022 at 2:41 AM, 73 Percent said:

I don't see it being Fiala. He's a better player than boeser and cheaper too.

Boldy is just as unlikely.  Can't see the Wild being interested in Boeser either.  

On 4/5/2022 at 11:55 AM, Kootenay Gold said:

You will not get him for that price. The best the Canuck's could probably hope for would be to take him to arbitration or trade him. Even if they took him to arbitration he can not be paid less that 85% of his actual earnings in his last season played. In other words $6,375,000. From Cap Friendly they can take him to arbitration in lieu of making him a QO.

Yup..the Canucks can do like a reverse arbitration and 15% discount is the max they can do. BB6 reverse arbitration

On 3/21/2022 at 12:07 PM, Bobby James said:

It isn't a bad thing at all, as long as he signs a similar contract to that.

It is paying him 6.5+ million that I think some are concerned about right now. His play this season hasn't shown he is worth that yet. 

Yes, when you were responding to him being Toffoli

I take TT at $4 million cap as opposed to BB at $6+ everyday

Like TT, BB will be moved though i believe

1 hour ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Yes, when you were responding to him being Toffoli

I take TT at $4 million cap as opposed to BB at $6+ everyday

Like TT, BB will be moved though i believe

For the most part, Toffoli's stats were great for a 2nd rounder, but underwhelming compared to Brock's.

It wasn't until he left the Kings that Toff's numbers improved significantly.  The other thing in Brock's

favour, is that he is 4yrs younger than TT.

Much has been said about Brock's deficiencies, so I don't want to turn this into another 'hate on

Brock' thread.

I don't think that management are ready to give up on Brock by low ball trading him or letting walk.

The coach + gm are aware of all of Brock's strengths and weaknesses, as well as any personal

situations (emotional or physical) that could be effecting his game. They are aware of the areas in his

game that need improvement.  All of this will likely be mulled over during any contract talks.

I think they will work out a viable contract (6.3 x 2yr) to give him a chance  to work on his game

(and any other factor that might be effecting his game) and redeem himself.  I would think that

Brock is aware that, if he doesn't improve on his skill level, his value will decline quickly and

he will struggle to stay in the NHL.  Brock will never be a bottom 6, PK grinder type player.

If Brock wants to be traded, it's in the best interest of all involved for him to be signed to and

appropriate contract before the trade.

• Upvote 1

Boeser is slowly transforming into one of those over-priced/over-rated forwards.  His numbers are no better than Garland's...max value for Boeser should be a $5.0M AAV for two seasons, but he'll probably be offered something in the $6M to $6.5M range.  Overpayment.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Boeser is slowly transforming into one of those over-priced/over-rated forwards.  His numbers are no better than Garland's...max value for Boeser should be a $5.0M AAV for two seasons, but he'll probably be offered something in the $6M to $6.5M range.  Overpayment.

If we can’t find a taker, then just let him walk and clear the cap.  Don’t make the Virtanen mistake again. 

• Vintage 1

On 4/15/2022 at 4:37 PM, Alflives said:

If we can’t find a taker, then just let him walk and clear the cap.  Don’t make the Virtanen mistake again. 

Agreed Alf.

Might be that Brock's now sadly, run out of games to showcase his asking price.  Or perhaps his ability to overcome injury.

He might well surprise us here down the stretch, but he's not looked $5m value for a long while now.

I'm hoping our new management have already ear-marked better players to spend that free money on.

Brock's not small by any measure, but couldn't play any softer.  Garland's beard grows quicker than Brock skates.

But even Garland's willing snarl can't compliment our core.  He's simply too small, short in reach, weight and strength

to balance out our core, which is already sorely lacking in those attributes.

Part of those salary savings would help re-sign Miller, and perhaps attract a gritty rw or two with some speed.

We'll be contending sooner than we've thought.  We don't need more than a couple of happy surprises next camp.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 4:37 PM, Alflives said:

Brock had the best stats on the team last season.  Virtanen never came close to what Brock has done

so far.  I think the team would regret it if they let him walk.  Who knows what's up with him this year.

I suspect he had a difficult time while Green was the coach.  He recovered for a while with Boudreau,

but started slipping again before the current injury.

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Brock had the best stats on the team last season.  Virtanen never came close to what Brock has done

so far.  I think the team would regret it if they let him walk.  Who knows what's up with him this year.

I suspect he had a difficult time while Green was the coach.  He recovered for a while with Boudreau,

but started slipping again before the current injury.

The issue I have with Brock is when he's not scoring... most games you wouldn't notice him.  Everyone keeps saying he has an elite shot but how many goals has he scored that were from him picking a spot with his shot?  Most of them this season is from rebounds or deflections.. Petey has a better shot than him especially accuracy wise.  Granted I feel like putting him on pp1 is a wasted spot for him.. if he has an lethal shot, they should utilize it have him along the wings in PP2 or PP1 (although Miller is just too good to move).  

At the end of the day we shouldn't want players that disappear for long stretches and getting the odd points just from playing on the top 2 lines or pp1.  If you are considered a top 6 forward, you should be noticeable.  Brock has not been noticeable for long stretches and that is the issue.  We can make all the excuses for him all we want but this is business and you need to perform... when you don't, don't expect to get paid what you want.

Edited by quattrobaj
  • Like 1