The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

On 3/1/2022 at 11:19 AM, Fred65 said:

Boeser is resting on his history, he took the league by surprise, every one knows him now and he can't really handle the extra attention

He seems to have one good year, then one bad year, etc.  Last year, he was the only great player on the Canucks.  He was by far the best player on the team.  Then this year he's a shell of himself from last year.  Imagine if we got top Miller, Petey, Boeser, and Horvat all at the same time.  We'd be unstoppable.  But it's always 2 of the 4 seem to be underperforming.  Firstly it was Petey and Boeser, then it was Petey and Horvat for a bit, now it's Boeser and Horvat.

I hope Canucks can renegotiate a Boeser contract that AAV  around 6.5 to 6.7 million X 5 years..

1 yr - 7.5 milion

2 yr - 6.5 million

3 yr - 6.5 million

4yr - 6.5  million

5th yr - 6.7 million

Boeser is having a off season but will end up with 25 goals and 55 points  -- 75 games...

Boeser is a slow skater but has that great shot that goal scorer have...

I would trade Boeser for the younger RD man under 25 that can play #3. spot and young prospect forward under 23 years old..

For a guy who is being paid to provide offense and deliver offensively by potting in goals, he doesn't do it merely enough for the contract he is currently being paid right now, let alone soon to be owed a 7.5 mil qualifying offer.

I've been saying this for several seasons now, Boeser is a nice complementary piece, but when he isn't with prime offensive weapons, his offensive effectiveness disappears. He is too far reliant on others to generate offensive looks for him or to do the dirty work. He doesn't move his feet and doesn't look to do more when the offense dries up. When was the last time he scored a goal that wasn't a Powerplay tap in goal? Seems like he doesn't generate anything 5v5 anymore.

Tonight's game has been indicative of how he has often carried himself this season. Lots of chances, doesn't bury them, and generally goes unnoticed for the rest of the game.  He needs to find another level and another gear to offer more than what his traits currently lend at the moment. He is too far a streaky scorer to rest on only that to be part of his general repertoire as a hockey player.

I want to see Boeser stick around, but his passenger-like efforts are not going to afford him the benefit of the doubt. He constantly looks disinterested shift to shift and a few moments where he looks dialed in. We need more from him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ferlands_Head said:

13 in 33 is closer to his career average 30. You gotta be rounding way up to say he’s nearly at a 40 goal pace 

Trade Boeser yesterday.  We need to be moving on from players like him if we expect to have a better future. 

9 minutes ago, Ferlands_Head said:

13 in 33 is closer to his career average 30. You gotta be rounding way up to say he’s nearly at a 40 goal pace 

Or perhaps I was getting numbers from February 22, the date I wrote that post. His numbers have been worse as of late.

12 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Or perhaps I was getting numbers from February 22, the date I wrote that post. His numbers have been worse as of late.

That’s true I didn’t realize that you posted on the 22nd. 

I see BB6 is your favourite player do you notice that his shooting is different than his rookie seasons in terms of the speed of his release or about the same? 

I thought he had 40 goal potential as well but feel like the speed of his release and foot speed has changed since his rookie year. 

24 minutes ago, Ferlands_Head said:

That’s true I didn’t realize that you posted on the 22nd. 

I see BB6 is your favourite player do you notice that his shooting is different than his rookie seasons in terms of the speed of his release or about the same? 

I thought he had 40 goal potential as well but feel like the speed of his release and foot speed has changed since his rookie year. 

He's probably my favourite player overall (not necessarily to watch on the ice, but overall), but he's really struggled to consistently maintain his threat level of his rookie year. Last year was a strong year for him, however, which I do think many forget. He was our best forward and he was pretty much up his rookie year status. He played in all 56 games and was on pace for 34 goals and 38 assists for 72 points in 82 games. The question is if you think he can do that again and if you think 2020-21 Boeser is closer to average Boeser or if 2021-22 Boeser is closer to average Boeser. If you believe that latter, then it makes good sense to think trading him now is the best option. If you believe the former, you think he can be a huge piece of our team and one of the best offensive players.

To update, here are some of Boeser's projections in 82 games:

Career average: 31 goals, 34 assists, 65 points

2020-21: 34 goals, 38 assists, 72 points

2021-22: 25 goals, 26 assists, 51 points

2021-22 Boudreau: 31 goals, 29 assists, 60 points

Bare minimum, Boeser is probably a 25-goal, 50-point player, but I think it's worth noting that this year is by far his worst offensive year so far and it's probably unrealistic to assume that this is the "new normal" for Boeser. Maybe he doesn't score 35 goals, but I think it's reasonable to assume that he can go back to the 30-goal, 65-point average of his career, unless there's a good reason to think that his worst year is going to become the expected return for Boeser.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He's probably my favourite player overall (not necessarily to watch on the ice, but overall), but he's really struggled to consistently maintain his threat level of his rookie year. Last year was a strong year for him, however, which I do think many forget. He was our best forward and he was pretty much up his rookie year status. He played in all 56 games and was on pace for 34 goals and 38 assists for 72 points in 82 games. The question is if you think he can do that again and if you think 2020-21 Boeser is closer to average Boeser or if 2021-22 Boeser is closer to average Boeser. If you believe that latter, then it makes good sense to think trading him now is the best option. If you believe the former, you think he can be a huge piece of our team and one of the best offensive players.

Bare minimum, Boeser is probably a 25-goal, 50-point player, but I think it's worth noting that this year is by far his worst offensive year so far and it's probably unrealistic to assume that this is the "new normal" for Boeser. Maybe he doesn't score 35 goals, but I think it's reasonable to assume that he can go back to the 30-goal, 65-point average of his career, unless there's a good reason to think that his worst year is going to become the expected return for Boeser.

If he can maintain those numbers consistently, I would be happy with him.  Still a top 6 fw.  I can't see him earning

more that 6-6.5m on his next contract.  Not sure about term.  Nucks will argue that he is Bo's comparable, but Bo

has overall edge due to his more complete game.

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

We may have discussed this before but for me it's not just about the points. When he's not scoring, he's making no impact on the game.

We need to utilize 6 million more efficiently.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

If he can maintain those numbers consistently, I would be happy with him.  Still a top 6 fw.  I can't see him earning

more that 6-6.5m on his next contract.  Not sure about term.  Nucks will argue that he is Bo's comparable, but Bo

has overall edge due to his more complete game.

Bo doesn't really have a more complete game. He takes more faceoffs, that's about it. Both have average 2-way games and are very inconsistent.