The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

6 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

McNally hasn't done anything... he only managed half a season in the AHL with San Jose's affiliate:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=127803

We have Stecher anyway, who's twice the player. 

As for Boeser, guys cool it. He's far too good to finish his full 4 years at University. By that I mean he could probably play next year at the NHL level, and as a guy who wants to be a pro player, you have to consider how many years you can get in. People shouldn't be freaking out about Thatcher either. This circus caused by the Vesey situation has a lot of fans in an unjustifiable panic. Can't start freaking out until it actually happens.

Very good post Ossi.  Financially, it's a no brainer for Boeser to sign early.  However if you're on a plane at 30,000 feet, that has lost all power and is falling like a rock, I bet you panic before the inevitable impact.  I also believe Demko sigs with us soon, but the plane just might be flying on one engine. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Very good post Ossi.  Financially, it's a no brainer for Boeser to sign early.  However if you're on a plane at 30,000 feet, that has lost all power and is falling like a rock, I bet you panic before the inevitable impact.  I also believe Demko sigs with us soon, but the plane just might be flying on one engine. 

wtf are you talking about Alf...LOL

I am excited for one more year of bed wetting from paranoid Wetcoast hockey fans.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

why do you have to give me nightmares, im travelling in a month. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, iinatcc said:

McNally is a Canucks prospect drafted in 2010. He is an American that decided to take the college route in Harvard.

It looked like Benning had a hard time signing him so he was traded at the last draft for a 2015 7th round pick. Note McNally was drafted in the 4th round.

Apparently McNally is a big stud D-Man and is seen as a PMD. A prospect Vancouver could have used.

I said the McNally situation because it's like trading Boeser's rights for a 4th round pick.

Not at all. Draft picks are worth exponentially more the higher up they are, and Boeser has already turned more heads than McNally ever did. Also as others have already noted, McNally doesn't appear to be much of a loss at this point. 

12 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I sure hope this doesn't turn to another Patrick McNally situation

What, where he gets caught in a cheating scandal and essentially takes a year away from hockey so the Canucks decide he isn't in their future and trade away his rights to at least get something?

12 hours ago, iinatcc said:

McNally is a Canucks prospect drafted in 2010. He is an American that decided to take the college route in Harvard.

It looked like Benning had a hard time signing him so he was traded at the last draft for a 2015 7th round pick. Note McNally was drafted in the 4th round.

Apparently McNally is a big stud D-Man and is seen as a PMD. A prospect Vancouver could have used.

I said the McNally situation because it's like trading Boeser's rights for a 4th round pick.

McNally stayed in school all 4 years because he was focused on getting an education in case he wasn't good enough to make the NHL.

It was a good move for him since it's unlikely he makes it. I don't see Boeser having that same thought process. 

21 hours ago, DeNiro said:

McNally stayed in school all 4 years because he was focused on getting an education in case he wasn't good enough to make the NHL.

It was a good move for him since it's unlikely he makes it. I don't see Boeser having that same thought process. 

Tate Olson looks like a better prospect now too so really, no harm no foul.

• Upvote 1

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 1:05 PM, Ossi Vaananen said:

The awards keep coming:

Not sure if this is the same one:

WAKEFIELD, Mass. – After sweeping both National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) monthly honors for March/April last week following North Dakota’s national championship, UND freshman forward Brock Boeser capped a stellar rookie campaign by also earning both Hockey Commissioners’ Association (HCA) National Division I Player of the Month and Rookie of the Month for March/April, as the final HCA monthly awards for the 2015-16 season were announced Monday.

http://www.nchchockey.com/news_article/show/638407?referrer_id=878553

Edited by Stierlitz