The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

2 hours ago, Muttley said:

It all goes back to this 

I don't think his body has ever been the same. He's learned how to compensate and probably does it subconscious, but I bet it's still there and not quite right.

He's scoring at nearly a 40-goal rate since Boudreau took over, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muttley said:

It all goes back to this 

I don't think his body has ever been the same. He's learned how to compensate and probably does it subconscious, but I bet it's still there and not quite right.

Wasn't this Boeser working hard to play the right way?  This is an example of what Brock does that doens't show up on the score sheet.  He plays the right way off the puck.

We will extend him.  8 years at 6.5 per.  Excellent deal for an excellent player.  Miller needs to go, and before the coming TDL.

• Haha 1

As I undeerstand the next contractfor BB will be :-

The Canucks will likely have to offer Boeser a six to a seven-year contract with an AAV between $7.5-$8.5 million. If he signs a contract with a cap hit higher than $7.850 million, which is the AAV of Hughes’ six-year contract, he will carry the highest cap hit on the roster. 

BB is good but not great and frankly I can't see how they coud spend that much on him, keeping in mind the other UFA's they still need to sign

Edited by Fred65

3 hours ago, Fred65 said:

The Canucks will likely have to offer Boeser a six to a seven-year contract with an AAV between $7.5-$8.5 million. If he signs a contract with a cap hit higher than $7.850 million, which is the AAV of Hughes’ six-year contract, he will carry the highest cap hit on the roster. 

Yeah I like Brock a lot and am happy if they resign him, but not at that cap hit. 

I'd much rather the guy go for another bridge (1-2 years at 6 mil per) if he really believe in his play and feels he will be an 8 million dollar forward soon. If not let's sign him longer term for about 6.5 per. 

Other than that if it doesn't work out contract wise we should move him. 

18 hours ago, Fred65 said:

As I undeerstand the next contractfor BB will be :-

BB is good but not great and frankly I can't see how they coud spend that much on him, keeping in mind the other UFA's they still need to sign

There's no reason for it to be.  He hasn't earned that kind of contract yet.  Would expect a far more reasonable deal if he wants to stay.  Boeser's agent knows that Vancouver wants to create cap room and will be traded if they feel his ask is unreasonable.  

4 hours ago, mll said:

There's no reason for it to be.  He hasn't earned that kind of contract yet.  Would expect a far more reasonable deal if he wants to stay.  Boeser's agent knows that Vancouver wants to create cap room and will be traded if they feel his ask is unreasonable.  

Not sure who BB's agent was, but given how long he held out last time, I'm expecting a very long and trying negotiation this summer if he isn't traded before then.

15 hours ago, mll said:

As I understand he needs to be offered his current Av Salary plus 10%, it's in the CBA

4 hours ago, Fred65 said:

As I understand he needs to be offered his current Av Salary plus 10%, it's in the CBA

I believe that's the case for QOs that are much cheaper, but that increasing amount stops at a pretty low amount if I recall. As a CBA expert, I'm sure mll could tell you the exact amount or if I'm altogether wrong.

10 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I believe that's the case for QOs that are much cheaper, but that increasing amount stops at a pretty low amount if I recall. As a CBA expert, I'm sure mll could tell you the exact amount or if I'm altogether wrong.

I'd be interested to know :)

On 2/23/2022 at 11:12 AM, -AJ- said:

Not sure who BB's agent was, but given how long he held out last time, I'm expecting a very long and trying negotiation this summer if he isn't traded before then.

Didn’t miss any of training camp like Petey and Hughes so it wasn’t that long.  It’s rare these days for RFA negotiations to be short.

2 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

Didn’t miss any of training camp like Petey and Hughes so it wasn’t that long.  It’s rare these days for RFA negotiations to be short.

If I recall, he did actually miss training camp and missed out on one or two pre-season games, but maybe my memory is betraying me. But yes, a lot of RFA negotiations these days are long, many going into September.

On 2/23/2022 at 6:14 AM, Putgolzin said:

I was today year's old when I was looking at Chinese numerology:

The Number 6

6 (六), pronounced liu, is considered lucky as it sounds like the word that means 'to flow'

Well clearly a 6 x $6.66m deal should happen:lol: The "flow" deal.

• Like 1

Boeser should lose weight. Since he has bulked up his weight transfert is awful and he lose way too much energy during his 2-3 firsts steps. He may have a not that bad end speed, but he has absolutly no hustle ability, his acceleration capacity is a pain to see.

since he has lost his shot too this guy even barely worth is current contract, let alone the projected QO. And it comes from a guy who really likes Boeser. But i like the team more and he s not an asset anymore. Package him and Dickinson to clear space. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Boeser should lose weight. Since he has bulked up his weight transfert is awful and he lose way too much energy during his 2-3 firsts steps. He may have a not that bad end speed, but he has absolutly no hustle ability, his acceleration capacity is a pain to see.

since he has lost his shot too this guy even barely worth is current contract, let alone the projected QO. And it comes from a guy who really likes Boeser. But i like the team more and he s not an asset anymore. Package him and Dickinson to clear space. 

Boeser is resting on his history, he took the league by surprise, every one knows him now and he can't really handle the extra attention

Edited by Fred65

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

needs to be traded, trade to NJD for Holtz, get cap relief, sign a top 4 d man for the right side in summer or weaponize the cap space, 650 keeps mentioning shea therefore might be available, plays left side, but he would be an amazing add.

So long as it's not forced, otherwise we won't have the value we want coming back. That being said, I think Boeser might not be enough to get Holtz in my opinion.

Like I've said recently though, I'm not opposed to trading him.

Edited by The Lock

Boy he's becoming a bit of an enigma, sometimes makes a brilliant offensive play then goes completely quiet for a while. We need to find a way to un-tap his potential because it's huge. Playing him with Miller is as good a start as it gets. I hope we're patient with him rather than just trade him away. Sadly I don't think the quality we'll get in return will be worth the likely potential he'll reach.