The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

• 3 weeks later...

PPG so far in Utica.  No doubt he can play in the NHL right now, but AHL is the right spot for him this year.  I think he has the potential to play top 6 winger, or 3rd Centre in 2 years for us.  We have so many guys in our system with NHL potential it is scary.  Gaudette, Dahlen, Joulevi, Hughes, DiPietro, Woo are likely, Rathbone, Madden, Lockwood, Tryamkin are possible.  That's 10 legit prospects in the system, with probably 2-3 more in the draft this year.  Love what JB has done for this team.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, BCNate said:

PPG so far in Utica.  No doubt he can play in the NHL right now, but AHL is the right spot for him this year.  I think he has the potential to play top 6 winger, or 3rd Centre in 2 years for us.  We have so many guys in our system with NHL potential it is scary.  Gaudette, Dahlen, Joulevi, Hughes, DiPietro, Woo are likely, Rathbone, Madden, Lockwood, Tryamkin are possible.  That's 10 legit prospects in the system, with probably 2-3 more in the draft this year.  Love what JB has done for this team.

What about Kole Lind? I think he is a very legit prospect and JB thinks he belongs with that upper echelon of prospects despite the shaky start.

Either way, it is fantastic that we have a glut of nhl potential talent.

47 minutes ago, warrchief said:

What about Kole Lind? I think he is a very legit prospect and JB thinks he belongs with that upper echelon of prospects despite the shaky start.

Either way, it is fantastic that we have a glut of nhl potential talent.

Add him to the list.  I forgot about him!

28 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Add him to the list.  I forgot about him!

Madden going make it  to NHL and he's going to be a good player. He's not a maybe.

Great pick by Judd Brackett in the 3rd round 68th overall.

They had a chance to move that pick for 2 later picks but Brackett said he'd rather have Madden. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Madden going make it  to NHL and he's going to be a good player. He's not a maybe.

Great pick by Judd Brackett in the 3rd round 68th overall.

They had a chance to move that pick for 2 later picks but Brackett said he'd rather have Madden. 

Agreed.  Madden is a hockey player.  My only concern with Madden is he is still physically developing.  Will he come out early, or will he need all four years of school to be physically developed enough to go pro?  I think we should get guys like him and Lockwood to Utica after their second or third years of college.  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Agreed.  Madden is a hockey player.  My only concern with Madden is he is still physically developing.  Will he come out early, or will he need all four years of school to be physically developed enough to go pro?  I think we should get guys like him and Lockwood to Utica after their second or third years of college.  

Imo he's a year or two away from Utica. Let him ripen in ncaa take a wait and see approach. 

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He will probably need one more year after this. He will always be a small guy, if he's ready for pro then he's ready.

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Madden does need a year or two more of college to mature imho.  I would like to see Lockwood in Utica next year and Rathbone and Dipietro.  Really hope we see 4 rookies on the Canucks next year and Gaudette.  But I do not see how JB cleans house that well in the off season.  

18 hours ago, TGT68 said:

Madden does need a year or two more of college to mature imho.  I would like to see Lockwood in Utica next year and Rathbone and Dipietro.  Really hope we see 4 rookies on the Canucks next year and Gaudette.  But I do not see how JB cleans house that well in the off season.  

Who are your 4?  Joulevi, Hughes, Dahlen,  Demko (does he count)?

18 hours ago, TGT68 said:

Rathbone is most likely staying a second season at Harvard. 

25 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Who are your 4?  Joulevi, Hughes, Dahlen,  Demko (does he count)?

Hughes for sure, Demko for sure, Dahlen 50/50, Juolevi 50/50, MacEwen 50/50, Chatfield 50/50

6 guys that I can think of that have a very solid chance of knocking out some NHL plugs

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Hughes for sure, Demko for sure, Dahlen 50/50, Juolevi 50/50, MacEwen 50/50, Chatfield 50/50

6 guys that I can think of that have a very solid chance of knocking out some NHL plugs

7 if you include Gaudette....3 locks to make the team from the get go and 2 more (Dahlen and Joulevi) as soon as we get injuries....

Woooo-Hughes....!

2 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

7 if you include Gaudette....3 locks to make the team from the get go and 2 more (Dahlen and Joulevi) as soon as we get injuries....

Woooo-Hughes....!

Oh ya, Ive already got him penciled in, but only if theres a centre trade. They will leave him in Utica if Sutter or Beagle aren't traded.

I really do think Chatfield has a very solid chance to steal a spot assuming we trade a RD such as Guddy or Tanev and don't sign a guy like Myers