The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

I know he’s young but gaud did he look good last night! He is really getting up to speed and it’s hard not imagine that he won’t take a big step next year in overall play,m and consistency 

hes is going to be up to speed and have a full summer of training and the competitive fuel of Bo Elias  and Brock all pushing to become better. He wants to be a core piece and considered in the same tier as them well as bo and Brock haha 

really excited for this kid and I love his energy! 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, krutovsdonut said:

nice to see him make stuff happen.  you get the feeling he has the drive to overcome the shortcomings in his game.

it helps that he doesn't really have any noteworthy "shortcomings," as he's a fairly complete player, he just needs to go through the maturation process that almost all young players have to do in order to upgrade his game to the nhl level. 

• Cheers 1

On 2/13/2019 at 5:44 PM, The Great Canucks said:

Umm, no, Sutter is not mediocre. He is a lot better than you haters love to tell yourselves. Gaudette is not replacing Sutter. Until he proves he can, Sutter stays.

I think the truth is we don't know if Sutter will be traded or not.

Sutter is a good player and brings value to a team that is looking to do a playoff run. That being said, we might want him if we feel we have a chance at the playoffs. It's two-fold really. But claiming he wont' be traded at all? Are you really that confident with that? Are you saying that if we don't get a nice enough offer we wouldn't take it? Think about what you are saying here.

And, just as a general statement, anyone who says we should trade him because he doesn't give us value or another team value is seriously contradicting themselves since a trade is about trading something that other teams want. If he wasn't useful then why would another team want him to begin with? Some people just baffle me with their "logic". lol

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, tas said:

it helps that he doesn't really have any noteworthy "shortcomings," as he's a fairly complete player, he just needs to go through the maturation process that almost all young players have to do in order to upgrade his game to the nhl level. 

i agree he is fairly complete but he needs to upgrade his skating to really impress me.  i see a strong straight liner who played a power game in the ncaa that he is likely not big enough for in the nhl, but i don't see a guy yet who can out turn a dman or beat him off the boards.  the thing i like most about him is his obvious drive and focus to be better (as opposed to being just an energy guy).  that can move mountains and is why he stands out to me. 

11 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

Thought Gaudette had to be 'papered' down to Utica today, to be eligible for a Calder cup run. Only MacEwen and Mazanec are listed. (.......and no Schenn )

Edit:......or Sautner

With Gudbranson traded and Sutter and Tanev out long term I see Schenn, Sautner and Gaudette staying with the big club for the rest of the year.  With Spooner and now Pearson there was no room for Big Mac. 

54 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

With Gudbranson traded and Sutter and Tanev out long term I see Schenn, Sautner and Gaudette staying with the big club for the rest of the year.  With Spooner and now Pearson there was no room for Big Mac. 

Edler will be back in a week or two I think. Sautner might stay up if he beats out Bulldog, Pouliot, or Schenn for ice time. We'll see what Green says. I wouldn't be surprised if he can beat at least one of them.

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Edler will be back in a week or two I think. Sautner might stay up if he beats out Bulldog, Pouliot, or Schenn for ice time. We'll see what Green says. I wouldn't be surprised if he can beat at least one of them.

Even with Edler back this still leaves us with 7 D.  I don't think Benning will send down Sautner at this point.  He'll probably rotate with Pouliot and Biega.  Schenn seems like a lock on the right side for now with Tanev out.

EDIT:  With the arrival of Hughes that will change things.  When Hughes comes Sautner will most likely go down.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Even with Edler back this still leaves us with 7 D.  I don't think Benning will send down Sautner at this point.  He'll probably rotate with Pouliot and Biega.  Schenn seems like a lock on the right side for now with Tanev out.

EDIT:  With the arrival of Hughes that will change things.  When Hughes comes Sautner will most likely go down.

Roster limit is lifted no one has to go down even with Hughes signed

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The AHL regular season ends about a week after the NHL. If Canucks are out and Comets are in, seems that Gaudette would benefit from having the option to play for Utica. ( after playing a game or two to end their regular season )

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Gaudette has to be able to play Calder playoffs is the bottom line. Failing to paper him down is a huge mistake.

The only explanation I can think of is that the Canucks, internally, know that Sutter is going to be shut down for the rest of the season and with the amount of games Gaudette has played (after coming from the NCAA, which has a lighter schedule), they want Gaudette to rest/train with the eye of him becoming the full time 3C in the Fall. That and they only have 4 recalls and have already used 2 (Sautner got papered & Brisebois just got recalled)... so maybe they're worried they'll have to use another callup in the event another defenseman has to get recalled because of injury?

It's a bit puzzling, honestly.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hockey Gaud is clearly an NHL player.  Would Pettersson be eligible for the Comet's playoffs?  No point in risking Gaudette to injury and extending an already long season.  

I don't quite know what you are trying to imply here. Are you suggesting Pettersson get risked to injury instead? lol

I don't even really think injury's that big of a factor considering all it takes is 1 game to get injured. Perhaps we should wrap our players in pillows and bubblewrap while we're at it. ;)

Edited by The Lock

On 2/25/2019 at 1:17 PM, SingleThorn said:

Thought Gaudette had to be 'papered' down to Utica today, to be eligible for a Calder cup run. Only MacEwen and Mazanec are listed. (.......and no Schenn )

Edit:......or Sautner

Carol, the canucks blogger at hockeybuzz wrote about this saying that Gaudette is now an NHL'er. I guess in managements eyes he's made the step, which is fine.

36 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I don't quite know what you are trying to imply here. Are you suggesting Pettersson get risked to injury instead? lol

I don't even really think injury's that big of a factor considering all it takes is 1 game to get injured. Perhaps we should wrap our players in pillows and bubblewrap while we're at it. ;)

My poorly made point :picard: was that Gaudette is obviously an NHL player, and he will be for us out of camp next season, just like Petey.  

• Cheers 1