The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

53 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Hughes for sure, Demko for sure, Dahlen 50/50, Juolevi 50/50, MacEwen 50/50, Chatfield 50/50

6 guys that I can think of that have a very solid chance of knocking out some NHL plugs

I'd say Oj is more of a sure bet than Hughes is.

14 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

7 if you include Gaudette....3 locks to make the team from the get go and 2 more (Dahlen and Joulevi) as soon as we get injuries....

Woooo-Hughes....!

I think if you put Dahlen in as a lock, you have to put Jasek in the conversation too. 

He's really showing a solid game. 

His offensive numbers are not that different from Dahlens except Jasek looks to be more dependable in the two-way game.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

I think if you put Dahlen in as a lock, you have to put Jasek in the conversation too. 

He's really showing a solid game. 

His offensive numbers are not that different from Dahlens except Jasek looks to be more dependable in the two-way game.

The 3 "locks" are Demko, Hughes and Gaudette....but ...ya Jasek is another guy that could be in the mix...!

25 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Oh ya, Ive already got him penciled in, but only if theres a centre trade. They will leave him in Utica if Sutter or Beagle aren't traded.

I really do think Chatfield has a very solid chance to steal a spot assuming we trade a RD such as Guddy or Tanev and don't sign a guy like Myers

I think Gaudette can play wing better than Schaller right now...and Chatfield has been one of my favourites since the Memorial Cup he shown in...!

Over the next 2-3 years we are going to have a very different team ....and it is already looking pretty darn good...!

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd say Oj is more of a sure bet than Hughes is.

Id agree with this if Juolevi wasn't coming off of injury. I still think he has a chance to crack the team but I cant see the Canucks going with two LD rookies at the start.

Hughes is elite, he will make some bad mistakes but he'll learn from those and be a great offensive threat moving forward.

6 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I think Gaudette can play wing better than Schaller right now...and Chatfield has been one of my favourites since the Memorial Cup he shown in...!

Over the next 2-3 years we are going to have a very different team ....and it is already looking pretty darn good...!

Id hate to see Gaudette on the wing. Make him an NHL C spot or leave him in Utica for injury callups. I know this season isn't over yet, but next years training camp could be one of the most entertaining ones in Canucks history.

9 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Id agree with this if Juolevi wasn't coming off of injury. I still think he has a chance to crack the team but I cant see the Canucks going with two LD rookies at the start.

Hughes is elite, he will make some bad mistakes but he'll learn from those and be a great offensive threat moving forward.

fair point

He has some pretty nasty giveaways in ncaa, the NHL is far less forgiving and the Canucks will set the playoffs as the bar next season, so it will be a high standard for new guys coming in.  I expect the d corps to look very much like it does this season.

9 hours ago, BCNate said:

Who are your 4?  Joulevi, Hughes, Dahlen,  Demko (does he count)?

Joulevi Hughes Dahlen and Jasek.  But maybe McEwen.  And I still think Jasek is closer than Dahlen.  But Jasek doesn't develop as high as Dahlen.  

And I wasn't counting Demko so maybe 5.  

Group 1 (locks)

Hughes

Gaudette 

Demko

Juolevi 

Group 2 I would expect these three to go back to Utica next season and dominate. 

Dahlen

Jassek

MacEwen 

Group 3 This group all needs a couple seasons in the AHL 

Madden

Rathbone

Lockwood

Dipietro

Woo

Lind

Gadjovich

Palmu

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Group 1 (locks)

Hughes

Gaudette 

Demko

Juolevi 

Group 2 I would expect these three to go back to Utica next season and dominate. 

Dahlen

Jassek

MacEwen 

Group 3 This group all needs a couple seasons in the AHL 

Madden

Rathbone

Lockwood

Dipietro

Woo

Lind

Gadjovich

Palmu

I think Juolevi will be in Utica until Christmas or an injury makes a spot for him. Barring a great camp of course, but all the time off will have him catching up to others somewhat.

Agree with your group two. Jasek in particular I can see being asked to step up and become a leader for Utica's forward group. He's improved through each of his pro years in spite of limited play time so I think the best thing for him right now is to earn lots of minutes from Cull over another season or two. All the guys in group two should see some games by next year.

Group three...

Woo is ineligible for the AHL next year so it's Jr or NHL. Give him his 9 games if he has an unbelievable camp then send him down for world juniors and a season as #1 D for his team.

Madden needs another season in college. Maybe two. His speed and skill are NHL level but he needs the time in the gym to add strength naturally. (See his OT winner last night? :o)

Rathbone could probably turn pro next year. There would certainly be a spot especially if we see some more turnover on Utica's blueline, whether from graduating 1 or 2 of Juolevi, McEneny, Sautner, Chatfield or some of the vets moving on. He also could benefit from one more college season being the go to guy at Harvard with Adam Fox gone.

Whichever route these guys take it's nice to see there might be nearly 10 NHL level guys here within the next 2-3 seasons. That's nuts.

On 2/4/2019 at 11:12 AM, RetroCanuck said:

Id hate to see Gaudette on the wing. Make him an NHL C spot or leave him in Utica for injury callups. I know this season isn't over yet, but next years training camp could be one of the most entertaining ones in Canucks history.

I think I would rather have Gaudette on the wing instead of Madden... a Virtanen / Madden / Gaudette line would be hard to handle, lots of speed and checking ability...

next year is going to be fun....even if we keep getting done by the ref's ( 2-3 bad cals or non calls last night including the disallowed goal)...that talent still won't be denied...!

17 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Group 1 (locks)

Hughes

Gaudette 

Demko

Juolevi 

I'll give you Demko because of our goalie depth right now.  

Gaudette is likely, but not a lock.  

Hughes and Juolevi haven't stepped a foot in the NHL yet.  Hard to call them a lock. 

On 2/4/2019 at 11:04 AM, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Chatfield didn’t have a great year this year even before his injury.

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'll give you Demko because of our goalie depth right now.  

Gaudette is likely, but not a lock.  

Hughes and Juolevi haven't stepped a foot in the NHL yet.  Hard to call them a lock. 

Another guy that has to be considered is McEwan.

11 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I think I would rather have Gaudette on the wing instead of Madden... a Virtanen / Madden / Gaudette line would be hard to handle, lots of speed and checking ability...

next year is going to be fun....even if we keep getting done by the ref's ( 2-3 bad cals or non calls last night including the disallowed goal)...that talent still won't be denied...!

Doubt that ever happens or it wont stick. Gaudette's played centre all his life. If he does play wing, its going to be on the PP. I think it was Benning or someone else just recently went on the playbook saying Gaudette is going to stay a exclusively a centre since he rarely if at all plays wing

9 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Doubt that ever happens or it wont stick. Gaudette's played centre all his life. If he does play wing, its going to be on the PP. I think it was Benning or someone else just recently went on the playbook saying Gaudette is going to stay a exclusively a centre since he rarely if at all plays wing

Next year there will be EP, BH,Sutter, Beagle and Gaudette all looking to play center and the year after that Madden will be ready so unless we move both Sutter and Beagle by the year after next or someone has to play wing...even if we move them both ...that leaves one of Madden or Gaudette as the 4th line centre and they are both going to be to good for 8 minutes a game....

I doubt Benning trades Beagle anyway ...he is perfect for 4th line duty and PK....

10 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

It would be nice to dump Sutter but this team likes to honor contracts for the most part, which isn't a bad way to go when your not at the top of the standings.

Sutter and Erckkson disappear all to often ...sometimes for games on end...and then there's Pooalot who shows up all the time...like in the "NHL's Best" 50 plays of the year...he was in 3 of the top 50 plays...but of course, for all the wrong reasons...!

I am hoping they can entice a team to take Erikkson off our hands if we trade them Edler or Tanev or Goldy, etc.,...but I doubt it happens.