The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks will likely bargain-bin shop

NHL'er

The way I see it, Bieksa still needs to be traded before Free Agent Frenzy starts. We don't even have enough money to sign anyone else. Not even re-sign Richardson. Add Corrado, Clendening and Baertschi and we're left with maybe 1.5 at the best to sign a top 4 D? Isn't happening. Not on the best day of Jim Benning's hockey life is that going to happen!!! It looks like Bieksa is being kept after all....

So you narrow down the list of UFA's and it leaves you with this 'bin' of names. Once they are all gone, Benning will be done for summer....

Don't expect them to do much of anything all summer. Probably one of the worst draft and summers ever for this team. :picard:

Chris Stewart RW Right MIN 27 $4,150,000 UFA
Andrej Meszaros D Left BUF 29 $4,125,000 UFA
Drew Stafford RW Right WPG 29 $4,000,000 UFA
Cody Franson D Right NSH 27 $3,300,000 UFA
Michael Frolik RW Left WPG 27 $3,300,000 UFA
Viktor Fasth G Left EDM 32 $2,900,000 UFA
Andrej Sekera D Left LAK 29 $2,750,000 UFA

Michal Neuvirth G Left NYI 27 $2,500,000 UFA
Josh Harding G Right MIN 31 $1,900,000 UFA
Gregory Campbell C Left BOS 31 $1,600,000 UFA
Michael Santorelli C Right NSH 29 $1,500,000 UFA
Eric Fehr C Right WSH 29 $1,500,000 UFA
Matt Beleskey LW Left ANA 27 $1,350,000 UFA
James Sheppard C Left NYR 27 $1,300,000 UFA
Mark Fistric D Left ANA 29 $1,266,666 UFA
Mark Letestu C Right CBJ 30 $1,250,000 UFA
Erik Condra RW Right OTT 28 $1,250,000 UFA
Jhonas Enroth G Left DAL 27 $1,250,000 UFA
Patrick Kaleta RW Right BUF 29 $1,250,000 UFA
Matt Bartkowski D Left BOS 27 $1,250,000 UFA

David Schlemko D Left CGY 28 $1,187,500 UFA
Brad Richardson RW Left VAN 30 $1,150,000 UFA
Steve Downie RW Right PIT 28 $1,000,000 UFA
Matt Irwin D Left SJS 27 $1,000,000 UFA

Have learned the #Canucks are 1 of 12 teams that have called about goalie Richard Bachman. Van needs starting goalie in Utica.

Been told that #Canucks ufa Brad Richardson is hitting the market tomorrow. There will be no last minute deal with Vancouver.

Have learned the #Canucks are 1 of 12 teams that have called about goalie Richard Bachman. Van needs starting goalie in Utica.

Been told that #Canucks ufa Brad Richardson is hitting the market tomorrow. There will be no last minute deal with Vancouver

I guess with Ritchie gone Vey gets a center ice position, wonder if Willie keeps Horvat on the 4th and gives the 3c to Vey

dYAUBxsF_bigger.pngNEWS 1130 SportsVerified account@NEWS1130Sports

NEWS 1130 Sports@NEWS1130Sports 1h1 hour ago

Been told that #Canucks ufa Brad Richardson is hitting the market tomorrow. There will be no last minute deal with Vancouver.

Logical move, would be a shame to waste that valuable playoff experience by not even giving them (Comets) a chance next year.

So you narrow down the list of UFA's and it leaves you with this 'bin' of names. Once they are all gone, Benning will be done for summer....

Don't expect them to do much of anything all summer. Probably one of the worst draft and summers ever for this team. :picard:

Chris Stewart RW Right MIN 27 $4,150,000 UFA

Andrej Meszaros D Left BUF 29 $4,125,000 UFA

Drew Stafford RW Right WPG 29 $4,000,000 UFA

Cody Franson D Right NSH 27 $3,300,000 UFA

Michael Frolik RW Left WPG 27 $3,300,000 UFA

Viktor Fasth G Left EDM 32 $2,900,000 UFA

Andrej Sekera D Left LAK 29 $2,750,000 UFA

Michal Neuvirth G Left NYI 27 $2,500,000 UFA

Josh Harding G Right MIN 31 $1,900,000 UFA

Gregory Campbell C Left BOS 31 $1,600,000 UFA

Michael Santorelli C Right NSH 29 $1,500,000 UFA

Eric Fehr C Right WSH 29 $1,500,000 UFA

Matt Beleskey LW Left ANA 27 $1,350,000 UFA

James Sheppard C Left NYR 27 $1,300,000 UFA

Mark Fistric D Left ANA 29 $1,266,666 UFA

Mark Letestu C Right CBJ 30 $1,250,000 UFA

Erik Condra RW Right OTT 28 $1,250,000 UFA

Jhonas Enroth G Left DAL 27 $1,250,000 UFA

Patrick Kaleta RW Right BUF 29 $1,250,000 UFA

Matt Bartkowski D Left BOS 27 $1,250,000 UFA

David Schlemko D Left CGY 28 $1,187,500 UFA

Brad Richardson RW Left VAN 30 $1,150,000 UFA

Steve Downie RW Right PIT 28 $1,000,000 UFA

Matt Irwin D Left SJS 27 $1,000,000 UFA

Cody Hodgson, C/W, BUF, 25, $1,000,000 UFA

::D

Why would the Canucks sign any UFAs? Don't they intend on bringing up Virtanen, Corrado, Clendening and/or Baertschi?

Does Linden and Co really believe that this team is just missing a UFA player to get back into the playoffs next spring? I don't really get it. Or maybe they just want to appear that they're doing "something" to try and improve this team right now, seeing how they blew it at the draft? I guess Bieksa may be traded (hopefully for picks). Maybe they're going to try and get an upgrade on D? Anyone know what "the plan" is?

This looks to be the team next season, with what we have now:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Baertschi - Horvat - Vrbata
Higgins - Bonino - Kassian
Kenins - Vey - Dorsett
Hansen
Virtanen
Edler - Bieksa
Hamhuis - Tanev
Sbisa - Clendening
Corrado
Miller
Markstrom

Why would the Canucks sign any UFAs? Don't they intend on bringing up Virtanen, Corrado, Clendening and/or Baertschi?

Does Linden and Co really believe that this team is just missing a UFA player to get back into the playoffs next spring? I don't really get it. Or maybe they just want to appear that they're doing "something" to try and improve this team right now, seeing how they blew it at the draft? I guess Bieksa may be traded (hopefully for picks). Maybe they're going to try and get an upgrade on D? Anyone know what "the plan" is?

This looks to be the team next season, with what we have now:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Baertschi - Horvat - Vrbata

Higgins - Bonino - Kassian

Kenins - Vey - Dorsett

Hansen

Virtanen

Edler - Bieksa

Hamhuis - Tanev

Sbisa - Clendening

Corrado

Miller

Markstrom

So you are suggesting bringing up Virtanen and making him an extra forward?

Edler, Ehrhoff

Hamhuis, Corrado/Clendening/Weber

Sbisa, Corrado/Clendening/Weber

Stanton,Corrado/Clendening/Weber

Ouch,

Ehrhofff is not a top pairing guy - I'd hate to see that pairing trapped out in a whole lot of situations.

I also don't care to see Edler withouth Tanev (who has disappeared from your top 6 btw) - and with that I suppose my point has been made - moving Bieksa alone (assuming you do so in the next 48 hours or so) is not enough to create the space for a declining Ehrhoff - they'd also have to move another D, subject someone to waivers or allow them to walk/not qualify them.

Bachman was excellent in the playoffs - that one epic overtime head to head with Markstrom was quite a performance.

He'd be a good pickup imo. At 27, is at the point he could step up if the Canucks faced an injury.

5-4 with a .953 sv% for (overmatched) Oklahoma in the playofffs.

14-5 with .918 in the regular season.

Also sad to see Richie move on. He was a swiss army knife and a gamer. Will be missed if he does in fact move on.

The way I see it, Bieksa still needs to be traded before Free Agent Frenzy starts. We don't even have enough money to sign anyone else. Not even re-sign Richardson. Add Corrado, Clendening and Baertschi and we're left with maybe 1.5 at the best to sign a top 4 D? Isn't happening. Not on the best day of Jim Benning's hockey life is that going to happen!!! It looks like Bieksa is being kept after all....

We DO NOT need a top4D wake up we have our D pairings even if Bieksa is traded!

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Corrado

Sbisa Clendening

Plus NO they didn't blow the draft.only people thinking we could do more are the blind ones thinking this.Fans and true fans don't think so.

Archived