The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breaking News: See Ya Bieksa!

AboardTheWCE

This is a good deal. Jim Benning got the best he could as once again he was handcuffed by a ntc.

OMG, if it is true that Benning could have got a second rounder from Sharks next year (only radio news so who knows if that was true) and that is why I said IF it is true, then this move was beyond dumb.

Why do I say that? Well Ducks will finish really high probably so a second rounder from the Ducks will be near the end of the second round. With the Sharks, who never win anything, a second rounder would have been near the beginning of the second round.

OMG, I cannot believe what is happening? NIGHTMARE, absolute NIGHTMARE . . .

Even though SJ's 2016 second will be a lot higher, I'm still glad we went with this deal. Wilson is a dick for baiting and switching on us, so it's a matter of principle. And Kevin gets to go to a true contender, which he deserves, not some retirement home like SJ. Gonna miss his snarl and wit, but the time has come. Good luck to him there except when they play us.

I'm happy with the return on this one.

That's a lot of contract money freed up AND a second for a declining player with an NTC.

Anaheim gets a servicable D-man provided they don't sign an extension for him; he's always best in contract years.

Now I really have to chear for the Ducks to win the cup. Gross.

Bieksa was my favourite Canuck from this era, so I hope he can end his career in style. Already eying tickets for his first game back in town.

Clendenning was very good for the Comets during their run. Corrado have a tough year but he also was terrific in the playoffs from the limited action I saw. Biega did not look out of place while he was up last season. Lots of guys to fill spots.

We're still missing a true PP QB, but I don't think our D is as horrible as some think it is.

You guys know that Anaheim's 2nd rounder is essentially like a 3rd rounder, right? It's not gonna be much better than the Lack pick.

Also, since it is 2016's pick we lost a year's of development (compared to the SJ deal).

It's not as good as it looks.

Dark times are ahead.

Everyones cheering now. But this team just lost all its heart.

This team is going to be bad for a long time. I will be cheering all the way through. Dont get me wrong. But we are going down the Edmonton route now.

Archived