The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Jim Benning to sign Milan Lucic to 7 year, $49 million contract on July 1, 2016

Can you imagine how much Lucic would be booed in Boston if he signed here?

Lucic would sign here for for 4 years

y1: 5.5m

y2: 4.5m

y3: 4m

y4: 3.5m

i think Benning will be keeping a close eye on lucic, will probably have ascout watch him everygame to judge how much he commends

Why just why?

I can simply not understand why people want him on the Canucks. He doesn't fit the direction this team is supposed to be going.

If he wasn't a local boy, would you guys still want him here? You should all ask yourself that with every BC player you have fantasies about.

Why just why?

I can simply not understand why people want him on the Canucks. He doesn't fit the direction this team is supposed to be going.

If he wasn't a local boy, would you guys still want him here? You should all ask yourself that with every BC player you have fantasies about.

Yes

Lucic 2016

Johansen 2017

Kane 2018

Here's how my list would go for next year

Centre:

1: Kopitar - 9 mil

2: Staal

3. Backes

4. Hudler

I'm not including Kesler for obvious reasons and Stamkos I could never see making it to free agency.

Leftwing:

1: Lucic

2. Ladd

Rightwing:

1:Vorachuk - 8 mil

2:Okposo

3:Eriksson

Defense:

1:Seabrook 7

2:Giordano

If we drop Higgins and Burrows that would give us around 26 million in cap space in 2016-17 not including the amount it goes up. We could easily sign 3 big name UFA's with the amount of cap space we have. We would need to overpay definitely to land them but we can do it. You could mix and match all those players I just Personally think getting Kopitar and Vorachuk would be best and Seabrook is the best Dman.

Lucie gets a $5m, 2yr deal is more like it.

Definitely would do something like this, not much else. This team could use an infusion of speed, skill and puck-moving.

Hope J.B. doesn't use all the $$$ to sign him when Anze, Seabrook/ Giordano, Voracek, Hudler, etc. are available. Adding Jiri and/ or Giordano as well as Milan would be sweet and a solid foundation laid.

Next year our top 6 could look like:

Sedin Sedin Lucic

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Imagine if we could land a chychrun in the draft next year....

Well, if Lucic did come to the Canucks, I doubt he would play with the Sedins for many reasons. Primarily because he is a Left Winger, but also because we need a solid 2nd line, AND a future 1st line. The Sedins would be 35 and lucic 28. No point getting lucic chemistry with the sedins if he wont be playing with them for the future. Better off putting lucic with Horvat/Virtanen on left wing (since Virtanen is a natural right winger) and letting the fireworks explode.

Lucic / Horvat / Virtanen = Future #1 line.

Wouldn't the Canucks be better off signing Seabrook or Karlsson?

Yes, I sure hope they go the smart route and sign a player worth that much money. Looch is nice, but 7 mill per must mean you put up points and are a gamebreaker. If we sign him to a 7 year contract, it could go worse than the Lu signing, even though Lu was always productive.

Yes, I sure hope they go the smart route and sign a player worth that much money. Looch is nice, but 7 mill per must mean you put up points and are a gamebreaker. If we sign him to a 7 year contract, it could go worse than the Lu signing, even though Lu was always productive.

Yeah but we signed Luongo for 12 years, and he was 30 years old when we signed him to that. So signing Lucic to 7 years when he is 28 years old is a bit different.

I think it all comes down to Jim Benning, and what he thinks of Lucic. If Benning thinks Lucic is a stand up guy who will provide us with "loads of meat and potatoes" for 7 years, then Aquaman better break out the cheque book!!!

Yeah but we signed Luongo for 12 years, and he was 30 years old when we signed him to that. So signing Lucic to 7 years when he is 28 years old is a bit different.

I think it all comes down to Jim Benning, and what he thinks of Lucic. If Benning thinks Lucic is a stand up guy who will provide us with "loads of meat and potatoes" for 7 years, then Aquaman better break out the cheque book!!!

Lou was arguably one of the top 2 or 4 players in the world in his position. Where is Lucic in the scale of forwards, even wingers? 20th? 30th? That high???

Archived