The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ducks will win cup 2015-2016 Season

adding canucks to their roster totally destroyed their chances of winning a cup! they kes and bieska couldn't do it with the canucks and won't with the ducks.. ducks lose important support pieces and will always have the canuck curse with them... just does tampa bay!

When they are on our team,we overvalue them..when they're traded,they're all of a sudden useless...I think that Anaheims chances of winning the SC are every bit as good as Chicago's (who have traded Saad and Sharp)...

Well they dole out punishment that no D-corps can withstand....Right Kes ?

Lol, yeah he sure ate those words haha, guess he underestimated Seabrook, Kieth and co.

No I don't see the ducks winning. They might finish first overall in the regular season but that would be about it.

Chicago even after the trades just can't be understimated. With their core they have proven they can surround themselves with just about anyone else and win. On the other hand a rested LA is pretty scary too, if they all play to potential I could easily see them grabbing their third cup in recent history.

Yes I firmly believe Ducks has a chance, but LA will come back and Chicago will stand in their way.

PS- About that Sharp trade, holy moly Dallas will be a competitive team in the playoffs if t hey do well in the regular season, they have all the guns they need.

Yes I firmly believe Ducks has a chance, but LA will come back and Chicago will stand in their way.

PS- About that Sharp trade, holy moly Dallas will be a competitive team in the playoffs if t hey do well in the regular season, they have all the guns they need.

Goaltending is still trash and they don't really have a #1 D.

So Anaheim has really added to there line up with big Chris Stewart 6'2 230lbs..

Anaheim came close last year but adding Stewart, Bieksa and few other additional players to a very good roster from last season..

So my prediction this early...West 1. Anaheim 2. St.Louis... will predict final standing in Septemeber

when things settle..

I can tell you My team Vancouver will not make the playoffs for sure...La Kings will return to playoffs, along with Colorado.. So Vancouver and maybe even Calgary will be out of race..

Vancouver is now on rebuild hope its a quick rebuild as we have some good young guys coming up..

I have faith in Benning even though we could of got more for Lack and Kassian..Benning made great trade with Calgary Sven Baertschi will be top 4 forward amazing speed and skill....

Benning has acquired several other good player in minors, really like Andrey Pedan big tough D man and several other players..

They lost Beleskey and did not replace him; the guy was a playoff warrior. He had some of the biggest hits you will ever see in the modern NHL and he set a record with like 5 straight games in the playoffs with a goal.

Anaheim also got lucky and Kesler was healthy for 3 rounds of the playoffs. This I can tell you will not happen again.

Meh, I personally think they've downgraded this offseason. They'll still have the makings of a contender, but not because of their offseason moves.

The difference could be if Gibson steps up and provides the upgrade on Andersen that he's capable of being.

I have to agree with you. First, Ryan Getzlaf is the only captain who can match Jonathan Toews in leading the troops. Second, Bruce Bodreau will likely have his job on the line, will pull every last stop to rally the troops, make them stand and deliver. Thirdly, the lineup has gotten stronger progressively.

For the next couple of years, Anaheim and Chicago will dominate in the Stanley Cup finals. Kesler and Bieksa will also be hungry to take down Chicago - they're two of the big players from the Vancouver-Chicago rivalry. But soon, Edmonton and Buffalo will be in the mix.

Meh, I personally think they've downgraded this offseason. They'll still have the makings of a contender, but not because of their offseason moves.

The difference could be if Gibson steps up and provides the upgrade on Andersen that he's capable of being.

Agreed. They lost Beauchmin, Etem, Palmeri, Wisniewski.

Added Hagelin, Bieksa, Horcoff, Stewart.

I see this as a downgrade. Hagelin for Etem is pretty even. Etem has more upside imo.

Bieksa is a heart and soul guy but his hockey skills have been steadily decreasing over the years...he may be a liability for them.

Horcoff and Stewart...dont see them making a big impact..

fail flames will be great this yr and we should do better that u think we have young guys that can play (corrado, kenins, horvat, virtanen, baertchi)

virtanen most likely won't stick, baertshi hasnt proven anythinf, corrado has yet to either, kenins needs consistency....horvat is only proven performer

CHICAGO — The Chicago Blackhawks won their third championship in six seasons by beating Tampa Bay in six tight games in the Stanley Cup Final.

But Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews and teammates said Saturday the Anaheim Ducks were a tougher opponent than the Lightning. Chicago topped Anaheim in seven games in the Western Conference final.

"Anaheim had so many components of the game," Toews said. "The physicality, the speed, the skill of the top-end players like the (Ryan) Getzlafs and (Corey) Perrys we ran up against. They were such a tough team in goaltending and all aspects.

"That’s the series that stands out to me in the last number of years as far as the challenges."

The Blackhawks rebounded from a 3-2 series deficit against Anaheim, which finished first in the Western Conference regular-season standings, with wins in the final two games to advance to the Stanley Cup Final. Three of Chicago’s games against the Ducks went to to overtime, including a triple-overtime 3-2 victory in Anaheim in Game 2 that was the longest contest in Blackhawks history.

Forward Andrew Desjardins, who joined Toews in a panel discussion at the team’s annual convention, agreed.

"It was the hardest hockey I think I’ve ever been part of," Desjardins said.

But beating the Lightning wasn’t easy. The first five games of the Finals were decided by one goal before Chicago prevailed 2-0 in the clincher.

"No disrespect to Tampa because I think they far exceeded our expectations for what they were able to do and how difficult they made things on us," Toews said to a packed hotel ballroom.

source

Archived