The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

26 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Can say that but we'd all trade places with him.

Hell, I would.

I should have held in to my 13,000 shares of ZOM....

Hahaha very true, I’d love to make that kind of bank from the comfort of my own home.

My chart looking like a child with adhd scribbling. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, canuktravella said:

ive got 9 cciv stock and 5 tesla any ine got any othsr tips for buying any potential upcoming stocks?

First of all I would like to mention that the following is not an investment recommendation. I have heard about a company called Shopify, headquartered in Ottawa that is extremely successful in the E-Commerce business. When you check out the chart you will see at a glance that the stock has performed very well over the last two years. But hey, they are extremely well positioned in the E-Commerce business. That's a rock solid investment, no doubt about it. What's the potential upside for this stock? Not be able to put a number on this, but given the fact that we see a shift from stationary commerce to E-Commerce the future should look bright. And yes this company is extremely well managed by the top management. Just my thoughts.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

First of all I would like to mention that the following is not an investment recommendation. I have heard about a company called Shopify, headquartered in Ottawa that is extremely successful in the E-Commerce business. When you check out the chart you will see at a glance that the stock has performed very well over the last two years. But hey, they are extremely well positioned in the E-Commerce business. That's a rock solid investment, no doubt about it. What's the potential upside for this stock? Not be able to put a number on this, but given the fact that we see a shift from stationary commerce to E-Commerce the future should look bright. And yes this company is extremely well managed by the top management. Just my thoughts.

ya i thought bout shopify its a bit expensive  but i might buy 1-2 stocks 

On 06/02/2021 at 4:47 AM, Russ said:

What exactly prompted you to buy a year ago?

Similar to reasons already hashed out. For me it was several factors. I had heard that Dr. Michael Burry had invested (of The Big Short fame). I also saw typically a year before console release the stock would have a 4-6x jump (cyclical) from previous cycles. I took a look at the balance sheet and realized they generated a ton of cashflow and could easily pay off its debt if they chose to which meant they'd be able to survive until at least the console cycle started. I didn't care about their earnings because I expected it slow down prior to console release. I also saw they had decreased their share count by almost half which meant the probability of a short squeeze went up but more importantly from a fundamental view if they returned to 2018 revenue they'd generate about $4 net income which meant realistically it was probably a $20-30 company. The short squeeze was only part of the grand picture (I had a dream it would jump to $400+ over a year ago over the course of several days...funny how that worked out) but realistically I was looking for $30-50.

1 hour ago, TGokou said:

Similar to reasons already hashed out. For me it was several factors. I had heard that Dr. Michael Burry had invested (of The Big Short fame). I also saw typically a year before console release the stock would have a 4-6x jump (cyclical) from previous cycles. I took a look at the balance sheet and realized they generated a ton of cashflow and could easily pay off its debt if they chose to which meant they'd be able to survive until at least the console cycle started. I didn't care about their earnings because I expected it slow down prior to console release. I also saw they had decreased their share count by almost half which meant the probability of a short squeeze went up but more importantly from a fundamental view if they returned to 2018 revenue they'd generate about $4 net income which meant realistically it was probably a $20-30 company. The short squeeze was only part of the grand picture (I had a dream it would jump to $400+ over a year ago over the course of several days...funny how that worked out) but realistically I was looking for $30-50.

Touche, well done there mate.  Wish I had the future sight like that myself.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TGokou said:

Hold up - you actually saw this in a dream?!

Like you did all kinds of legit analysis and coupled it with personal prophecy?

Wanna let me know the next similar dream you have? 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Russ said:

Hot damn Papa Elon just made Bitcoin legit and skyrocketed the hell out of it.  Every day I regret I am not in bitcoin, hopefully my little bit of QBTC can help me out.

MUDS-W I don't have any excess capital to own any but $1.25 for a 300M spac warrants is about $0.75 underpriced.

3 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

MUDS-W I don't have any excess capital to own any but $1.25 for a 300M spac warrants is about $0.75 underpriced.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mudrick-capital-acquisition-corporation-to-combine-with-hycroft-mining-corporation-300986589.html

Looks like they have already agreed to merge and still hasnt shifted stock in the last couple weeks?

49 minutes ago, Russ said:

Hot damn Papa Elon just made Bitcoin legit and skyrocketed the hell out of it.  Every day I regret I am not in bitcoin, hopefully my little bit of QBTC can help me out.

You don't have to buy bitcoin, but data miners and blockchain companies can make you bank.

Gblc

Cstr

With the digital currency meetings this week, I expect the facilitators will move far more than the various currencies.

2 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

I'm holding 800 there too.

Also bought 500 adocw Friday.  Don't know why but strong morning and not complaining

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

You don't have to buy bitcoin, but data miners and blockchain companies can make you bank.

Gblc

Cstr

With the digital currency meetings this week, I expect the facilitators will move far more than the various currencies.

I'm holding 800 there too.

Also bought 500 adocw Friday.  Don't know why but strong morning and not complaining

Thanks for the GBLC recommendation a few weeks ago, jumped on it when you mentioned it, nice little double up for me!