The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

macann should be in the nhl

hockeygod77

I've got a 17 year old nephew who is around 175-180 and lives in the gym. He still looks like a little wiener boy. I just think McCaan should be a bit stronger.

I am really high on him tho. I think he will be a hell of a great player for us in the not too distant future.

And didn't Bennett have an injured shoulder during that test?

Yeah he was injured.

Even if he was playing good enough to make the team, he is just too little. He is a skinny little boy.

Physically he would get beat down by halfway through the season.

Let's take our time and let him marinade for a while.

Gaunce on the other hand, looks ready now. His game and size are needed on the team.

Thats funny beause he already plays bigger than our friend Linden Vey. Tired of this "He's too small" mentality.

If the Flames said that about Bennett last playoffs, what would you say?

Thats funny beause he already plays bigger than our friend Linden Vey. Tired of this "He's too small" mentality.

If the Flames said that about Bennett last playoffs, what would you say?

Honestly, I absolutely HATE the fact that we have Vey on our team. He is a weeny.

It's just my preference man. I like a big mean strong team.

Bennett didn't play the majority of the season because he was injured(by getting beat up by juniors).

He was totally useless the next series in the playoffs because they simply used the body hard against him.

He had 3-4 good playoff games against a weak Vancouver team who got beaten up by a no named in Ferland.

I would not have said Bennett would have been physically ready for an 82 game season at his size.

Luckily for him, reports say he put on 15 lbs of muscle this summer and that will help him immensely.

McCaan needs to do the same. Nothing wrong with the kid not being there yet. He is young and has lots of time to grow. Why rush him? What's wrong with letting him mature and not take a beating by men 20-40 lbs bigger?

Vey at 200 and McCann at 180 -- who was more physical, who looked stronger, who was more effective? Was McCann being pushed around, or was he the pusher?

There's this persistent myth being passed around like a crackpipe that players all need to be 200lbs and pressing 400lbs before they can be considered NHL-ready. Someone said Pastrnak -- is he even 170 yet? Oh wait, he's not a Canuck's prospect, so that doesn't matter.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Wing to start his NHL career. Sort of like Galenyuk on Montreal. Although his face off skills are good. Might be a better way to ease him into the Nhl this season although I highly doubt they make room for him and am disappointed as I've been very impressed and excited with our boy. I see a lot of you feel the same.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

He did look promising at young stars, but I'm thinking he needs to be quite a bit stronger to be effective against full grown men, or even Virtanen sized kids.

Someone said 2yrs away. Seems about right, maybe 3.

someone might be wrong.

Archived