The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Stars 4, Canucks 2

TheRussianRocket.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

But the Sedins are only two players. Amazingly timeless awesome players afloat in a sea of mediocrity. 

The Sedins will score and push the pace but the defense will let them down yet again like the sieve that it is. 

Basically the rest of the team will let them down.  It is unbelievable how disorganized and lacking in any kind of rhythm or cohesion this team is.  It may just be the new faces but it is starting to look like whatever WD is telling/coaching, they either don't' get,aren't doing it or it doesn't work in the NHL,. 

4 minutes ago, CHodgson9 said:

It's hard to watch games like this. We're out of it for such long stretches, and play seems so listless. And other times (1st period) it seems entertaining and a product worth watching.

I think we need to get value for any player we trade, irrespective of when we move them. Whether it's now, or the deadline, I hope that we do our due diligence, and come out well. Ideally, I'd like to get some 1st round picks, so we have assets of interest at the draft, and can make big moves. 

I'd also hope we have lots of cap going into what looks to be a very attractive free agency class.

JB already ensured that with all the expiring contracts this year. JB has a plan. Just not sure is the stealth tank was part of it.

The Good.

Baertschi. Dude actually had a solid game, I was pretty impressed watching him.

The Sedin's and Hansen. Again, put this team on their back.

Edler. Solid game for a change.

Rockin Ronnie. Pleasantly surprised by him, different Kenins from the one in the preseason who gave a half assed effort. Good game for him.

The PK. Finally got it done! Including at a crucial time in the third.

The Bad.

Miller. The defense didn't help, but Miller could've had the first and third goals.

Hamhuis. Brutal game by Hammer, cost us twice. 

The defense as a whole. Gave the Stars way too many chances, especially Seguin. Brutal defensive game.

The offense other then the Sedin's. We had 16 shots, and 7 of those were from the Sedin's and Hansen. That averages one shot per every other forward. Not acceptable at all. 32 shots in our last 2 games combined, and LA and Dallas had 40 and 33 each. WD needs to fix this.

2 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Basically the rest of the team will let them down.  It is unbelievable how disorganized and lacking in any kind of rhythm or cohesion this team is.  It may just be the new faces but it is starting to look like whatever WD is telling/coaching, they either don't' get,aren't doing it or it doesn't work in the NHL,. 

Yeah. Willie isn't meant for the big show. 

29 minutes ago, b3. said:

Weber is the new Aaron Rome.

Aaron Rome will beg to differ. In fact he'll be pissed, being compared to a soft dman with zero defensive acumen. At least Rome was more physical and better at getting the puck out using the boards.

Seriously though, we all remember not so long ago local media and fans alike drumming for having Webber into the lineup. His point shots on PP and defensive chemistry with Hamhuis were repeatedly praised like godsend. I wasn't completely sold on Weber even then, but never thought he'll be this bad.

I don't know if it was Hamhuis or Weber who started descending into abyss first, but right now the pairing is certainly ranked 90th in the NHL.

30 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

The love of the edmonton model is always surprising to me

Never seen Edmonton pick a defenseman in the top 2, so we don't know what the hell you're talking about.

We're mostly in love with the Kings/Blackhawks model where they draft players who actually play defense.

If it eventually comes to Coach Green getting the tap.  Not that i expect too happen but if it does.  He would straighten these players out.  He is a no bs kinda guy.  kinda reminds me of babcock that way.  Hope willie can turn it around.  hate to see his nhl career cut short cuz of the team having no finish.

Archived