The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jeff Skinner's inevitable trade from Carolina

This has been pretty much confirmed the last two years. Still a great player, lost a step from concussions. Carolina needs depth.

to hang up the “For Sale” sign with their roster.

The talk around the league is general manager Ron Francis is pretty much willing to discuss everybody, with the exception of a few of the club’s young players.

“Ideally, there’s a handful of players they’d keep,” a league executive said.

The players the Hurricanes would like to move are familiar. At the top of the list is winger Jeff Skinner, but he has four years left at $5.725 million per season on a deal that runs until 2018-19. We’re told Carolina would even be willing to give a prospect as part of a package to get the contract off the books.

A decision on captain Eric Staal and goalie Cam Ward must be made before the Feb. 29 trade deadline as well. Both are unrestricted free agent’s next summer and many don’t believe there’s much of a chance that one or both will be back, especially if Carolina wants Staal to take less money and a short-term.

Coach Bill Peters, who may be feeling the heat, scratched veteran forwards Kris Versteeg and Riley Nash for Carolina’s game against the Montreal Canadiens Saturday night. Nobody in Carolina is happy with the club’s lousy record and Peters clearly is trying to send a message with those decisions.

“It’s my decision, for sure. We need a different look,” Peters told the Raleigh News and Observer Saturday morning.

The Hurricanes could have a much different look after the deadline.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/12/05/carolina-hurricanes-gm-ron-francis-would-like-to-move-jeff-skinner

8 minutes ago, Nail3738 said:

Seeing players like this available and knowing there is like, a .025% chance they actually end up wearing a Canucks uniform..

resizedimage.gif

I would love to get Skinner or Bennett but i donno mang. wil have to see lol.

People worried about Pedan's future due to concussion issues, worried about Hammer here due to previous concussion issues and will now flood this thread demanding we do everything to get Skinner

If eating his contract gets us McKoewn....ya, do it.  The ironing and all that

skinner is 23 has had 2 30 goal and almost 2 20 goal seasons on a garbage carolina team if we can get him for free plus a decent prospect or draft pick id take it and run.

trade vrbata to pens for a first  retain 2.5 mill  at deadline 

trade higgins to isles fir a third retain 1mill

trade hamhuis out east  

sedin sedin hansen

skinner sutter mccann

baertchi horvat burrows

prust cracknell virtanen

dorsett

edler tanev

hutton biega

pedan sbisa

bart

draft a bunch more dmen and teams looking great 

If Carolina is so desperate to get rid of Skinner, the Canucks may have the cap space going into next year, and if they're also willing to add a future, it might be worth looking into a player with so much potential.

The deal would have to be pretty good though considering Skinner's last year and this year's point totals. 

Skinner + Ryan Murphy?

1 hour ago, Templeton Peck said:

I've fixed the OP to include a source link, in the future please provide one yourself or the topic will be locked without warning.

perhaps the OP didn't add the source because Garrioch really shouldn't be considered as such?!

i wonder what they would be asking for Skinner though...sure would be nice to have a real proper young goal scorer...and I'd be willing to roll the dice that he could turn into that again. anyone venture a guess at what they'd be looking to get?

Archived