The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Canucks Internal Turmoil

C.Schneider

5 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

There's only so much Benning can do....The Canucks are devoid of good solid players in their prime years (23-28),conversely,teams like Edmonton and Calgary have good players just entering theirs.

Precisely. He's got one of the toughest jobs among NHL GM's imo. The sad part is, the team may have not even bottomed out. Imagine us  Sedin-less...

2 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

The Miller comment was on 1040 this morning, it may have to do with him being pulled, but still to say that combined with the more candid remarks quoted lately kind of shows a lack of leadership from management.

Does seem like the ship is adrift on the waves, doesn't it? And the rocky outcrops are straight ahead.

15 hours ago, appleboy said:

I don't think they have any delusions of the Stanley cup any time soon. I think they have entrusted the rebuild to Linden. A rebuild has begun and it will become much clearer very soon. I think they will move out players on ufa's and by the end of the year we will be younger and have cap space for next year.

Will they try to move Miller?

Gotta do it ha? For what is a post without some goalie thrown under the bus...

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Guilty as charged. Frankly, the Sedins extraordinary play this season alone, should be more than enough to mentor the youth. And to a certain extent, Hansen's fearlessness and speed are pretty impressive.

Burrows, Higgins, Vrbata, Prust, and Dorsett aren't really doing anything on the ice that even the most casual hockey fan would consider mentor worthy, in my humble opinion.

I don't even want to touch on the excremental mess that the defense has become right now.

Are we talking increments of excrement  ?

Just watched Benning's interview.  If he is honest about being super competitive and taking every loss personally, any internal turmoil that may be present is certainly going to become external soon.   I can't see him having much patience with the current on-ice effort/product.

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Just watched Benning's interview.  If he is honest about being super competitive and taking every loss personally, any internal turmoil that may be present is certainly going to become external soon.   I can't see him having much patience with the current on-ice effort/product.

Where was that aired? What did he say?

5 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Another stupid trade incoming?

Calm yourself, Jim.

Watch this:

tumblr_me0lp4VpPx1qgcra2o1_500.gif

I say we are tanking boys and girls,.. with the injuries we have, contracts we hold, and prospects we have and wish to see,. the only real move i see happening is Miller somewhere in Death Valley on a contender by the deadline or Summer.. Or 1 of 2 top Dmen for a 1st or 2nd rounder. Everything else will up-end to attrition and we will sit in a healthy position for UFA's & or the first pick next year.    ... and thats what the boys playing are probably realizing.

13 hours ago, LaBamba said:

I feel really bad for Willie and his coaching staff. He looked completely destroyed in the post game interview. They don't have much to work with. 

Lets be completely real with ourselves, we are a team decimated with injuries. The guys we have stepping up to fill the void don't believe in themselves.

We are in a constant state of hesitation, our penalty kill is reflecting this. 

As bad as things may seem I truly believe that in any life situation you need to hit rock bottom before you turn things around. Rock bottom might take a season or 2. 

If the injuries were to the Sedins, vrbata, Hansen, Miller I'd agree.  

Excluding sutter currently, and Tanev a while back and only out for a short period, the injuries can't be used an excuse.  Injuries to: sbisa, Prust, and Hutton should never affect any team anywhere close to what we are seeing right now.

all teams go through injuries.  

What we are seeing is the Sedins being the Sedins, Hansen benefitting from playing with the Sedins, Miller being a pro.  The remaining vets are underperforming and the rookies being rookies.

the true colours of the vets not named Sedin are standing out like a coldsore.

and we may never know what WD could do with a legit roster but he sure can't lead this one.

23 hours ago, chilliwiggins said:

Your wr ong , Aquilinis are fans and that's what got us here was his initial meddling by overstepping Gillis and bringing in Torts, that's where it started unraveling.  Torts overplayed the top players and burnt them out, he stuck it to louie in the outdoor game which snowballed, the team failed under him.   Aquilini then fired gillis made him the scape goat, hired Linden as a pure PR move who has zero experience running a team.  Linden hired benning who gutted the core intelligence of the team Lawrence Gillman is basically the one guy who invented Analytics(look it up).   In place they hired guys like Weisbrod.. What has he done?   um first overall pick in the NBA Tim Duncan.     um first overall pick is a bulletproof pick in my mind and you cant fail there.  But you have to be the very worst team to get that pick right?   Back to Benning , Seguin will go down as one of the worst trades boston ever made.   After that boston drafted dougie Hamilton gave him the keys to the franchise, which pissed off the core vets.   Following year they collapsed, and the dressing room  divided itself, vets wanted out.  the team was done and ownership stepped in to change management.  Hamilton was traded cause he was a cancer in the room.   Weisbrod in Calgary.   When brian burke fired him he stated that he didn't even know what the guy did.  He wasn't involved in the gaudreau pick.   He was a ushl guy before that hence why canucks are now all in on USHL draft picks.  Ok back to Benning , every single trade he has to date you cannot say he won, and I mean ZERO.  he has overpaid players at term consistently.   He has thrown away picks for fixer upers that have shown to be players that he said aren't the kinds of players we want, IE Benning told us  big hard to play against, hard working.   Bearcheese and vey don't have any of that.    55 even strength goals lost from last years roster ( kassian mathias bonino)  were not replaced in a league of parity, but he told the season ticket holders they will contend for a playoff spot.  At season start he gifted 2 positions to bearcheese and Virtanen.  Sven has shown the same as what vey did. (not enough to be here).  Virtanen is in the exact same position as Grigorenko was in , in Buffalo, which ruined his development and added years to his learning curve.  Prospects in Utica that have earned the chances like Gaunce and Friesen etc are being passed by even know they have shown more then the rookie benning guys, but because they are gillis guys , they get the short end of the stick.  I could go on and on, but why ????  Its so glaring and obvious.  I have been a Nucks fan since 1982 and have seen this Merry Go Round before.   This rebuild on the fly. lol  your looking at another 10 years people.   Inexperience is inexperience plain and simple , these guys are in over there head.     

You start "You're wrong" and then go on to trail out a lot of what I have said in this thread and others.

That said, have you undisputed proof that the owners were responsible for bringing in Tortorella? Also Tortorella was just a dead season, it didn't change where this Club was going and needed to go. If it hastened it then I don't see that as a bad thing. By the way I was against Tortorella from the start. I was also against Gillis from 2011 onward. I did back AV to the hilt though.

PS can we have some paragraphs, I found that a bit hard to read, not to mention badly constructed. I did manage to get your just however. :)

Archived