The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markstrom vs. Lack

Toyotasfan

Sorry this is more of a GDT thing but since Eddie Lack gets the start for Carolina , I was wondering what everyone thought of the goalie we have in Markstrom vs. The fan favorite we traded. Without any mention of Miller , would you have done it differently?

Hurricanes' Eddie Lack: Will start against Vancouver

CBSSports.com-Jan 4, 2016
Eddie Lack will get to face his former team Wednesday ... The 27-year-old will hope to be on his game when he returns to Vancouverfor the first time following

Lack played good for the Canucks the 2 years he spent here but management thought that Markstrom showed more promise as a starter and I agree with them. Markstrom was coming off of a phenomenal year in the AHL and this year both Carolina and Vancouver aren't doing so great aND Markstrom has the better stats.

It's amazing how after one season the script has flipped. 

I was at the Sharks game in March when Markstrom let in 3 goals on the first 4 shots faced and Lack had to come in and stop the bleeding, and after that performance I was one of likely many fans who thought he was the inferior option to the Stork (who was starting at the time).  Then after one all-star A.H.L. season he's suddenly back on track for his career while Lack is struggling with his new team.  Funny how a little confidence boost and coaching can go a long way in developing potential.  With time we might even be able to say that the Luongo deal was a draw in that both walked away winners.

To answer OP's question, without addressing Miller I think Lack would've been my go-to choice to start the season (and maybe he could've done similar to how Jacob's performing?) but I'm glad that Jacob's proving his doubters wrong.  Hope he can take the starting position and run with it until Demko's ready.   

4 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

Sorry this is more of a GDT thing but since Eddie Lack gets the start for Carolina , I was wondering what everyone thought of the goalie we have in Markstrom vs. The fan favorite we traded. Without any mention of Miller , would you have done it differently?

Hurricanes' Eddie Lack: Will start against Vancouver

CBSSports.com-Jan 4, 2016
Eddie Lack will get to face his former team Wednesday ... The 27-year-old will hope to be on his game when he returns to Vancouverfor the first time following

I think JM is a future #1. I love Eddie but hes not there in terms of skill.

Archived