The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is Linden Vey still here?

Mattrek

Vey has been better lately, however he should not be playing when a Virtanen or Cracknell is sitting out. With Sutter back next week Vey might be scratched. Have you noticed how much he looks like Willy. I hope lessons got learned from Veys accidental score on his own net. Miller should always be ready too with so many rookies and Edler in front of him.

On the other hand maybe WD should have taken his time out to steady the team.

Just to set the record straight Miller over played the pass, Edler wiffed on the clear and Vey tapped it in. There was no opponent  contact on Vey's  stick even remotely close to the Ozone. So pick any one of those for your scapegoat. I think all three of them had a decent game   none of them deserve the  abuse they are getting (Vey).  This team seems to get a bit rattled when it screws up and I am sure Pens know this. Vey did ok in the circle tonight at just slightly over 50 percent. And apart from that own goal his support for the puck battles along the boards was fairly good.

5 minutes ago, grumpworsley said:

Just to set the record straight Miller over played the pass, Edler wiffed on the clear and Vey tapped it in. There was no contact on Vey's  stick even remotely close to the Ozone. So pick any one of those for your scapegoat. I think all three of them had a decent game   none of them deserve the  abuse they are getting (Vey).  This team seems to get a bit rattled when it screws up and I am sure Pens know this. Vey did ok in the circle tonight at just slightly over 50 percent. And apart from that own goal his support for the puck battles along the boards was fairly good.

I agree fully, but this doesn't jive with the loser fans around here that need to satiate their bloodlust.

I have said it numerous times today.. this was a very well played game by the Canucks. They lost their composure in the third and it cost them, but they still took it to the Pens for a good part of the game.

Vey himself had a strong game. These players are still young and will need time to grow and improve. You all said you wanted youth, yet so many of you aren't prepared to back up that statement with PATIENCE.

1 minute ago, lolwut? said:

I agree fully, but this doesn't jive with the loser fans around here that need to satiate their bloodlust.

I have said it numerous times today.. this was a very well played game by the Canucks. They lost their composure in the third and it cost them, but they still took it to the Pens for a good part of the game.

Hey himself had a strong game. These players are still young and will need time to grow and improve. You all said you wanted youth, yet so many of you aren't prepared to back up that statement with PATIENCE.

It's hard to keep composure when your goalie starts breaking down.  Miller 100% was the downfall this game.  

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

He's still centering the 3rd line.  Sutter is going right back on Hank's line as rw/alternate face-off man

Why not trade Hansen for a good young D?  Add Verbata too, if needed.  We really need another young, and fast guy on the back end.  

I dunno - if indeed Sutter goes back on Hank's wing. where does Hansen fit.  He's better than a 4th line winger, but does he supplant Vrby or Etem? Plus, Jake and Dorsett have looked comfortable with Zalewski (or mb vice-versa)

The real solution is to trade Vrby ... he's the misfit right now.

I'd hate to see Hansen traded - he is so versatile (and uncomplaining)

2 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Your post is pathetic.

Watch a close up of the Vey goal and see it's the contact from the opponents stick that caused Vey's stick to increase momentum on the puck. He was trying to take it away not fire it into the net. Mistakes happen, but I suppose people like you need a scapegoat

What the super hero didn't like a post and now that pathetic? All this coming from some super hero. Hard to take you serious. 

3 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the last 10 games , Vey has the best face off % . But I'm only going off of what the Canucks broadcast team has said, I haven't seen the stats.

I was thinking that myself so I looked it up on NHL.com  In 15 games this year Vey is at 46.6%

Hank 46.0

Horvat 50.5

McCann 34.5

Cracknell 40.7

Zalewski 60.0 (2 games)

Sutter 53.6

a general comment

and it seems appropriate to post it here

cdc is not happy unless it can polarize around 1 player and almost always one player who is a non elite player

this happened last season with kassian

and seems to be happening with vey

and it seems to always also involve dragging in our coach WD, and disparaging him in the same breath the anointed scape goat player is being dissed

it is so classless and unnecessary and causes some posters to stoop to levels that are vile

i appreciate that there is a good amount of emotional outpouring dealing with our hockey club

we are fans after all, this is entertainment, and a release for so many of us

we are often bored and perhaps somewhat powerless in our personal lives

but this is not the forum to go nuts about whatever emotional urges might arise due to our hockey excitement levels

remember, you are posting on a public site and making statements about real people

i find WD to a decent fellow, no matter what you might think about his coaching abilities

and for a poster to suggest somehow his relationship with a player to include some oral activity is simply vile

everyone on here should be aware of the issues revolving around kennedy and fleury and the abuses they endured

for those posters who insist on this type of commentary i believe you debase yourself by ignoring appropriate boundaries on certain topics

this is an opportunity to provide your views. hopefully somewhat thoughtful, about hockey topics

that we all as canadians seem to spend a lot of time and energy about

keep it civil please

there are too many incidences of outrageous thoughts being posted on here thoughtlessly

4 hours ago, snucks said:

Vey has been better lately, however he should not be playing when a Virtanen or Cracknell is sitting out. With Sutter back next week Vey might be scratched. Have you noticed how much he looks like Willy. I hope lessons got learned from Veys accidental score on his own net. Miller should always be ready too with so many rookies and Edler in front of him.

On the other hand maybe WD should have taken his time out to steady the team.

sooo whatchu getting at bro? LOL

3 hours ago, shayster007 said:

Vey gets so much unnecessary hate. He has played well this entire call up, including today. I whole heartily hope he sticks in the lineup and feel he will. He has been skating hard and playing well defensively this year.

I agree, I wasn't a big fan of his but it seems the chemistry he has with Etem (from junior) has brought out the skill that perhaps Willie had seen in the past.

Certainly if he keeps improving from what he's shown since his call up he could become a decent depth player for us long term. I don't know if he really has a spot given we have McCann and Horvat as our 1/2c future but if he can learn to gain more strength and improve in the circle, as a 3c who can contribute offensively I don't think that's out of the question. At worst he could be the guy who plays a depth role on a low contract, think Weber's real role but not as awful! lol...

As I said, I wasn't a big fan of his prior but have seen alot more skill and grit in his game since his last call up. We can be critical when things are bad, but we should also be fair when we see improvement!

Archived