The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is Linden Vey still here?

Mattrek

11 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

In that context you are probably right, although as Shift-4 says, the management may think that back to the Juniors is going to be more beneficial for Jared. 

The good thing to come out of this difficult season is at least we know McCann "has what it takes" as far as attitude, compete and will to win. Now we need to see if players like Gaunce, Grenier and Shink also have it.  I think they do but it still has to happen or we will never know for certain.

I am glad they kept McCaan with the team, but wanted them to send him down before he lost a year of RFA.  McCaan is showing the typical symptoms of rookie burnout.  The jump from Jr to NHL is a huge physical task and I think Jared is getting tired.  It seems that the management are utilizing the Canucks for training much more that they have  in the past.  By next season, the team will be full of young players that are still developing.  Very different situation from what we've seen for the past few years.

The addition of Etem pushes Grenier down a peg, but after trade deadline we might see Gaunce stepping up (but it will probably be Kennins).  I also think they will give Shinks a chance to show what he can do; maybe see how he fits with Etem. 

he hasn't been playing that bad, he has been decent. The thing is we put a lens on him due to his previous history. I have seen him be stronger on the puck and make some nice plays. Potential on Vey is a simple 3rd or 4th line center with some skill. 

If he can play wing I would love to see Vey get a shot with Baerstchi and Horvat because Vey has a play making ability, or give him a shot with virt.

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

I am glad they kept McCaan with the team, but wanted them to send him down before he lost a year of RFA.  McCaan is showing the typical symptoms of rookie burnout.  The jump from Jr to NHL is a huge physical task and I think Jared is getting tired.  It seems that the management are utilizing the Canucks for training much more that they have  in the past.  By next season, the team will be full of young players that are still developing.  Very different situation from what we've seen for the past few years.

The addition of Etem pushes Grenier down a peg, but after trade deadline we might see Gaunce stepping up (but it will probably be Kennins).  I also think they will give Shinks a chance to show what he can do; maybe see how he fits with Etem. 

The bottom 6 is crowded and there are lots of young players ready to step up to the big club next year. Something might be in the works.  I think I like it.

38 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

Vey is useless.

Vey's use in real life is stop gap 3rd line center, for which he is providing an adequate performance.

Vey's use in CDC fantasy land is pet whipping boy, for which he is providing the sadists' dream.

15 hours ago, aqua59 said:

Vey is useless.

I have been a bit harsh on Vey in the past. I said he was soft and themost  unintimidating player in the league. He has played a lot better since being called up. Still soft but at least he's playing with urgency. Wouldn't mind seeing him between Shink and Etem at some point.

Thought Vey has complimented Bo and Sven on the PP very well.  He had a glorious chance with Bo early in that OT period as well.

I think Vey is starting to figure himself out and going to the right areas.  he needs to keep this up and have his work ethic to continue.  He is starting to show some promise after all.

Vey had a VERY good junior career playing between two current NHLers. He got a lot of opportunity early on but once the grind hit him his numbers suffered.

So far this season in Utica he has played well as a setup man.

His draws have improved. He can make plays. 

Frankly, Cracknell shouldn't be playing. Besides a few opportunistic goals, he just gives the puck away. Seriously, watch him. His game is very AHL. He will try to pass it through 2 guys instead of keeping possession along the perimeter. That's not how you play in his role. 

Archived