The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade F Jensen to Rangers for F Etem

Etem hasn't done much in the NHL yet so I don't look at this as a massive win... but he's certainly got more potential than Jensen. Hopefully Etem's still got room to grow and hasn't hit his ceiling already.

Part of me wonders what this is gonna mean from a numbers game up front though. You trade an AHL forward for an NHL forward and suddenly we have 15 forwards plus Sutter who's injured. Virtanen going back to junior and Vey to the AHL, I guess?

2 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

AV must like Jensen. Fair Trade 

FINALLY. smarts from the GM to notice and be aware of this. 

yay!

Hoping that Jensen performs well in NY, and that Emerson also performs well here. 

2 minutes ago, ghjffbali said:

Bust for bust trade. Change of scenery could kickstart him and turn him into a useful NHLer so this is a good deal.

If anything Jensen a bust sure, but Etem? At least he has put up amazing numbers in the AHL and a bit in the NHL. 

Currently a nothing for nothing trade.

Vancouver ends up with a player that has a higher ceiling, but has a greater chance of being a complete bust.

NYR gets a player with a lower ceiling but probably with a better chance of becoming an NHL regular (a Higgins type of 3rd liner).

Love this deal. Jensen wasn't going to go anywhere here in Vancouver and his time was running up. Etem brings a solid two way game and plays a grinding style of game. Throws hits. Aggressive on the forecheck and has great hands. Let's just hope he is able to succeed here and bring what he was suppose to bring when Anaheim first drafted him.

Kid seems to have put up numbers in every league 'except' the NHL.  Let's hope his offensive side catches up with him at this level.

I remember watching him in the dub and seem to recall that for a guy with such physical gifts he didn't really seem to want to use them to his advantage (doesn't throw the body or play with much grit) - basically  just like Jensen actually.  That was a while ago so hopefully my memory is poor^_^

1 minute ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Etem hasn't done much in the NHL yet so I don't look at this as a massive win... but he's certainly got more potential than Jensen. Hopefully Etem's still got room to grow and hasn't hit his ceiling already.

Part of me wonders what this is gonna mean from a numbers game up front though. You trade an AHL forward for an NHL forward and suddenly we have 15 forwards plus Sutter who's injured. Virtanen going back to junior and Vey to the AHL, I guess?

Agree.  Something's got to give.

Archived