The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linden confirms Higgins will be traded

Roger Neilsons Towel

1 minute ago, Frazzy Desjardins said:

A classy move by the organization. As fans we look at these guys like robots, but being traded last minute by surprise has got to be hard.  Definitely one of the downsides to pro sports. I'm glad that there has been notice made.

You make a good point but why does that notice have to include the fan base and the press? How about just tell Higgins of their plans?

20 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

I don't hate Willie in the least but I do question his unflinching dedication to his Vets over youth. If Horvat, Mccann, Baertschi or even Vey played anywhere near as lacklustre as Higgins they'd be riding pine way sooner than 25 games.

I think it's likely the opposite. I would bet that WD has been told to play Higgins in hopes that he regains his game and increases his trade value. You dont sit $2 million cap space every night in favor of rookies. Also, WD obviously believes in bringing the kids along slowly so as not to over extend them and hurt their confidence.  That's hard to do if you have a bunch of guys that the coach thinks should only play ten to 12 minutes a night.

I think McCann's recent horrible play is a symptom of exhaustion. He's been playing too many minutes against competition he's not ready for. I'm glad that Vey has been ready to play this season so McCann can get rest and focus on getting stronger.

They need to move Higgins to make room for Etem. JB said last night that Hansen will be back in a week. Short of another injury, they need to make another move, maybe another vet goes, or waive Cracknell and send him to Utica which was reportedly the plan at the start of the year.

2 minutes ago, combover said:

Knowing Benning it will be

Higgins and a 4th with salary retained for a 7th.

seems on par with what he's done so far.

To trade Higgins wouldn't that be the kind of deal JB would have to make?  Doesn't Higgins have negative value, do we would have to add to him?  I understand your sarcasm, but it might be such a stretch for you to be prophetic - sadly.:mellow:

1 minute ago, chilliwiggins said:

in the past that has never been known as classy.     confidentiality and silence protects the player from having to answer to media while the process is taking place , its not considered classy at all.

Yup, I agree with you that only the player needs to know, the public can wait.  Now, do we add to Higgins and get Drouin?  

8 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

You make a good point but why does that notice have to include the fan base and the press? How about just tell Higgins of their plans?

Most likely because if the team's plans included having him sit out, the media would start speculating really quickly. I'm guessing they just wanted to avoid all that.

I edited read again so what shiny stuff is in NY?

I see.  What do the Rangers have left?  I wonder if JB is shopping Higgins and Prust as the dynamic duo of PKers, how shiny the returning bobble just might be?  

10 minutes ago, combover said:

Knowing Benning it will be

Higgins and a 4th with salary retained for a 7th.

seems on par with what he's done so far.

hope they move prust to aswell 

Really dumb comment! Rating Benning's moves, he's been killing with the trades.

Kessler - win

Bieksa - win

Lack - win (they obviously decided Markey was the right young goalie for the franchise which right now looks like the right call, and wanted to avoid another goalie controversy)

Baer - as of late, huge win, a top six type forward for a 2nd

Sutter - win (just look at how the team has struggled since he went out)

Jensen - win (even if Etem never advances past 4th liner, he has top line potential)

Kassian - win (got rid of a disruptive force that would be very detrimental to the cohesive locker room they are trying to build for the kids)

Let me guess you're a fanboy of the overrated cokehead, who's still butthurt over Benning having to pay the Habs to take him off our hands.

ok we almost have a package   we agree Gaunce , Higgy , Prust to Rangers.     Do we want a 2016 model bobble maybe first issue????        then maybe 2, first issue bobble heads to Columbus for their first issue Bobble?????    or are we going for current issue Bobbles from the rangers???

I love our CDC!  I have too much fun here.  :towel:

I think Higgins would complement the Habs PK stats going into playoffs 

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nhl/stats/team-penalty-kill-percentage/2015/

Im pushing for Dalton Thrower 2nd rounder getting buried deep , and no opportunity with the AHL Ice Caps.

Higgins for Thrower 

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxGKVRw44XA3mIHb3h-S8JtEYDtJN7I-Y

17 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Really dumb comment! Rating Benning's moves, he's been killing with the trades.

Kessler - win

Bieksa - win

Lack - win (they obviously decided Markey was the right young goalie for the franchise which right now looks like the right call, and wanted to avoid another goalie controversy)

Baer - as of late, huge win, a top six type forward for a 2nd

Sutter - win (just look at how the team has struggled since he went out)

Jensen - win (even if Etem never advances past 4th liner, he has top line potential)

Kassian - win (got rid of a disruptive force that would be very detrimental to the cohesive locker room they are trying to build for the kids)

Let me guess you're a fanboy of the overrated cokehead, who's still butthurt over Benning having to pay the Habs to take him off our hands.

Agree on the Jensen cohesion comment.

Archived