The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Attempting To Move F Christopher Higgins

Heretic

12 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Because it is easy for you and any other keyboard warrior for that matter to say it shouldn't be a big deal for him now that he is a 'millionaire'- you haven't been in his shoes.  Of course he is a pro and will deal with whatever happens- he seems like a pretty mature guy to me.  I implied he was probably very happy in VAN and being traded at this stage in his career is probably harder on him than not.   

When did I say it wouldn't be hard for him personally? I said I don't feel bad for a guy who has a life that 99% of the people on earth would trade for without thinking twice about it. Funny that a guy who has to resort to petty insults is going to call me a key board warrior, hiding behind the anonymity of a computer screen has worked wonders on your bravery.

5 minutes ago, Pr3mo said:

If the trade is solely based on handsome for handsome it might work

OK, but as my profile pic may indicate I'm a male lion, don't really find other males handsome, especially don't take male handsomeness into account when making a trade.

3 hours ago, theminister said:

Don't expect this to drag on too long. 48 hours at the most until we know one way or the other if he's waived or traded. 

Do the JB bashers use this as an opportunity to call him classless even though it's what they wanted? That must be very confusing for them. 

These are the hard but necessary decisions that a rebuilding team needs to do. Our GM is making the tough call. How can that not be supported?

I don't really notice anyone not supporting this. Some find it strange but they're still supporting trading or waiving him.

Your post seems like you're looking for an argument for no reason.

Furthermore this isn't a tough move at all, Higgins isn't a core player and we have other more effective and younger players that need that spot. 

JB likely can't find any interested teams so this press release is to show Higgins we tried our best before waiving him.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The fact that he's been given permission to talk to other teams shows that there's gotta be some teams interested.

I doubt his agent is just calling up GM's begging them to take him.

ya must be some team not on his list inquring about him

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The fact that he's been given permission to talk to other teams shows that there's gotta be some teams interested.

If we retain 1 million maybe teams bite. Veteran bottom six player for the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Why would you doubt that?

Do you know what an agents job is? 

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

If we retain 1 million maybe teams bite. Veteran bottom six player for the playoffs.

I'd be fine if we retained half. Gaunce and Shinkaruk make around 1, so paying half of Higgins PLUS Gaunce or Shink would save us around 200K in cap space. Grenier would be around 700k, so make it half a mill saved. 

Other than that we can likely find a Higgins-type replacement for around 1 million on free agency anyway if we went that route (I hope we don't).  

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Because that's not how the process typically goes.

The GM finds a list of interested teams and presents them to the player, then they negotiate a return.

Hahaha, and how exactly do you know this?

Archived