The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Attempting To Move F Christopher Higgins

Heretic

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Higgins (50% retained) and Vrbata to Montreal for a 2nd and a 4th.

I know it's been reported that Montreal has scouted Vrbata, but I personally think it will be FL that make a major play for him at the deadline. Tallon has stated he wants to pickup another goal scorer.

3 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Because playing sports isn't just about making millions for some people.  You build friendships and relationships with others. Higgins is probably very tight with many in the Canucks organization and maybe even loves the city as well.  Further, who says the guy wants to retire now?  Funny how you say you wish you could be him.  I guess Higgins should be happy enough with being a fat lazy turd instead of trying to be the best he can be at hockey, with team mates he considers friends and colleagues.  

No it isn't just about money. but like I said it's a business and having to part ways with teammates and friends comes with the territory and he knows that. I never said he wants to retire now only that he could. Why is it funny that I say I would trade places with him? You wouldn't? Getting to do something you truly love and being set for life because of it, who wouldn't want that? When did I imply that he shouldn't be happy or that he isn't trying to be the best player he can be?  Lastly, what's with the attempt at insulting me? Is it because I dared to have an opinion that's differs from yours? FYI I am neither fat nor lazy, I work hard for what I earn.

1 hour ago, on the cycle said:

Depends, It would have to be Higgins and Hamhuis with retained salary as well as a good prospect that they could flip.

Edler, Tanev, or Horvat are non starters. I like Hickey and de Haan which we could trade for and get a 2nd or 3rd with one of those guys back.

In what country is edler untouchable. What has he shown you in person that gives you that feeling? Because me and other canucks fan see him already hitting his ceiling and after 2011 playoffs (after that hit and suspension basically) hes been regressed

I think there's only one likelihood here, and that is him being moved in a deal that brings back someone else with similar salary with a slight incentive of a late round pick or guy stuck behind depth - like a weal or etem or gormley.

And that's assuming he gets dealt. I think he's just going to be waived, and this media release is a way of trying to get some level of interest in the player. 

24 minutes ago, John Tortorella said:

In what country is edler untouchable. What has he shown you in person that gives you that feeling? Because me and other canucks fan see him already hitting his ceiling and after 2011 playoffs (after that hit and suspension basically) hes been regressed

Regardless he is still a top pairing defenseman and I said non starter not untouchable. Hamonic is a righty if he were a lefty sure but he's not.

29 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Higgins to CBJ for a 2nd....... wait we already have their 2nd for an equally lopsided trade

the 2nd we get from Columbus was from them hiring Torts, but even that they have a decision for this year 2nd or the next I believe... they have this decision before the draft and it's likely they will choose next years

I would be shocked if the Canucks got anything for him. Considering Rundbland and Gormley each cleared waivers at considerably less salary and still have upside, I really can't see any team wanting Higgins for any other reason but to appease CDC.

13 minutes ago, goblix said:

the 2nd we get from Columbus was from them hiring Torts, but even that they have a decision for this year 2nd or the next I believe... they have this decision before the draft and it's likely they will choose next years

Thanks books.

I thought I came across pretty clearly in the post you quoted, the one in which I said...

38 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Higgins to CBJ for a 2nd....... wait we already have their 2nd for an equally lopsided trade

But yeah, sometimes humour doesn't come across well on CDC boards.

5 minutes ago, Monty said:

I would be shocked if the Canucks got anything for him. Considering Rundbland and Gormley each cleared waivers at considerably less salary and still have upside, I really can't see any team wanting Higgins for any other reason but to appease CDC.

The difference may be the veteran part of it, some teams wouldn't mind reliability or vet leadership type of additions when they are looking forward to the playoffs. That and I would assume that Higgins is much more reliable defensively than the 2 you mentioned

Not spouting that Higgins is valuable but some reasons for teams to look to add him to their roster

Injuries have affected him this year; but he's only half a season removed from a 36 point campaign and last time he was floundering he had a pretty good bounceback. He might seem like a wily vet, but he's only 32. If the Canucks retain some salary so he's only worth 1.75 million for this half season and next, he could be worth a late pick—replace of the ones lost in the Prust & Etem trades. 

9 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Just making the auction official. Now Benning just has to sit back and sift through the flood of offers.

I assure he will have a tough time sifting through all 29 offers. Should make them public and let CDC vote on the best offer.

My bet he will be torn between several significant offers that he just can't pull the trigger and so decides to wave him.

Archived