The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injury] Sutter with broken jaw, Edler broken fibula. UPDATED TIMELINES

Ossi Vaananen

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Well I am actually still pretty confident this team makes the playoffs.  Of coarse they'll get swept like a dirty floor though.

I like your optimism and It would be amazing provided they don't hang on to assets for that reason. Let's be a Cinderella story or no story at all. Nucks are in building mode.   

5 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Well I am actually still pretty confident this team makes the playoffs.  Of coarse they'll get swept like a dirty floor though.

"And the 20th overall pick goes to the Vancouver Canucks.":towel:

Year of the monkey...very bad luck this team.

2 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Talking about those who want him gone at any cost and the few that are acting as though it's a good thing this happened. 

Right.

agree. wishing an injury or supporting one is silly.

but if your into rebuilding it could force a hand.

7 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Hey Edler-haters:  be careful what you wish for.  This ends whatever slim chance there was of moving him and diminishes the likelihood of moving Hamhuis as well.  It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

What are you talking about?... :blink:    I don't believe the saying you've chosen to use makes sense there...

Edler has already said he won't waive his NTC, so people can hate all they want, but he's not movable unless he changes his mind.

Edler's Injury has no bearing on whether or not we move Hamhuis. If anything, it makes it MORE LIKELY, not less. If we lose the next few games we will be in full sell mode (as we should be already), not trying to keep Hamhuis to salvage what can't be saved.

IMO regardless of how we finish this year we should be in full sell and rebuild mode. Trade every veteran not named Sedin.

33 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

Well, whatever playoff hopes we had just went down the drain. Huge blows... Feel bad for Sutter. Dude only just came back from injury. Hopefully they both heal quickly. 

Don't kid yourself. WE had no playoff hopes. 

Our playoff hopes were over at the home opener against Calgary. You can't compete in the NHL with the roster we assembled. 

Archived