The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Hunter Shinkaruk to Flames for Markus Granlund

Closer look at the stats and he has low Corsi, but plays against decent competition. Lots of O-zone starts though. Decent shooting percentage when he's on the ice as well as a very good save percentage as well and, similar to Etem in that he takes few penalties but draws a number of them. That's a plus despite us not seeing much in the way of production just yet I guess.

It's kind of like we picked up Vey again but he has a stronger two-way game?

Something else to consider:

Shink absolutely disappared for Utica in the playoffs last year, they went to the finals and he had 6 points...that wouldn't even put him in the top-6.

Granlund has been clutch his whole career and has 5 points in 4 AHL playoff games.

Canucks aren't going to go far in the playoffs this year, so Granlund could help Green's Comets repeat last year. 

Which will be a good experience for a lot of players, and for coach-of-the-future, Green as well.

Why is that every player we look at has to be the typical 200 foot, good defensively, works hard on the boards?  We have so many of those.  All they look it as work harder, not smarter with the puck...When are we gonna say so and so player is a top 6 offensive playmaker/sniper?  When do we get an Artemi Panarin?

6 minutes ago, Caknuckle Puck said:

you've said you'd stop watching after he did other things you didn't like I know your avatar, you're a babe quit crying..

I'm allowed to be pissed about this deal. It's not appropriate to tell people to "leave" because they're upset by some of the deals that this management group has made. Oh well, it's out of my hands now. Don't talk to me again.

Why for a center prospect? I just.....can't find any reasoning behind this move. Anybody have any ideas?

Archived