The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Hunter Shinkaruk to Flames for Markus Granlund

The fact that Benning thinks Shinkaruk success can't translate to the NHL is worrying. The fact he traded for a player who has sucked in the NHL before even giving Shinkaruk a shot is even more worrying. 

We just might have the next Jay Feaster on our hands.

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

If it makes anyone feel better, the Calgary forums are reacting the same as us (they think they got fleeced). 

So neither side seems to like the move. Which usually means the value was closer than either side wants to admit or is ready to realize.

Not calling it a good trade.  Just saying it's probably not as bad as either fan base currently believes.

Hate losing Shinkaruk. I liked the kid both for his skill set and personality. Never been high on Granlund but never really cared to learn much about him either (which obviously changes today).

Huh. I'm surprised. They were upset when they passed on Shinkaruk at the draft and with the year he's having they'd have to think this was great luck to get another chance at him. Or had they done enough convincing themselves of his faults to write him off?

21 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

Not surprised. JB been trying to ship Shink out forever.

Bottom line was that Hunter was our drafted and developed guy and we moved him. It's stupid.

Im on my phone and I can't bold for some reason. But on your second sentence. Yeah we tend to do that a lot apparently

4 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Anyway, if it's Shink and a 2nd for Bartshi and Granlund, then what are we even going on about?  Shink's mythical upside is better than Bartshi's?  Or the 2nd is better than Granlund?

These trades aren't going to make or break either team imho.

But it wasn't. You can try to polish up a turd all you want, but it doesn't make this deal stink any less. Did we feel sorry for Calgary and decide to even up the deal?

1 minute ago, StealthNuck said:

612 replies in one hour for a prospect trade, wow.

He's been a bright light of hope for the new org direction.

and benning just dropped a lake of water onto that little light.

most of us have not enjoyed watching hockey this season, it's been hard to watch. But we still do cause we are real fans.

so when one small ray of Hope and joy is taken for very shaky reasoning and even more questionable timing it is very upsetting.

let us grieve guilt free stealth! Let us!

Archived